Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I am very glad you appreciate my self sacrifice in the name of TAW! Wink In all seriousness I bought many of these Nayab for dual purposes, as repaint projects and for TAW as I noticed many were missing photos. But, as explained above, I am unsure of their authenticity and accuracy to providing TAW with updates (at least in the case of the birds). I'll be posting them in the "what is this" topic soon with the set of reptiles sometime today so please come and see if you can help!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 4:38 pm

So many wonderful additions,congrats!! Applause Applause Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:31 pm

Phantastic catches :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Thank you both. :)

When Kiki asked for help with some sharks I couldn't believe my luck! He had just posted his many splendid items on ebay and above all (at least for me) was the excellent Papo brahma! I had just seen one sell in the US for an exorbitant amount so I couldn't believe my luck. The crested macaque gods smiled on me, and now I have this beautiful brahma, the stunning papo rhino, and the ginormous but stunning Science and Nature wallaby and dingo also. Really put a smile on my face, and it traveled fast too! Thank you times a million Kiki for the absolutely gorgeous figures!!!

Pictured above them are some thrift finds, a k&m poseable wolf, k&m tube ringtailed lemur, safari toob pony, k&m polybag dingo, k&m ocelot, and a schleich donkey with more paint than my childhood well loved one.Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And next, I had resigned myself to not seeing the Schleich in persom until June like last year. But my mother went to visit my sister and had time to visit one of my favorite toy stores I can only visit a few times a year. And lo and behold! Some new Schleich was there. She consulted with me on what I needed, but brought home the Papo blacktip reef shark and horned lizard home to boot! I prefer the Safari blacktip, but can't complain that he now has a friend to stalk the reef with, and the horned lizard is much nicer that I ever would have expected. So, a happy day when a loved one indulges your hobby. 
The only further comment I have is the anteater is indeed humongous, but a really lovely model!

Besides that, 3 packages from Germany will hopefully be here soon. I have waited 2 months already, and now all are in the US. But USPS functions have been bungled for some time now because of weather.... so lets hope they arrive sooner than later.  Rolling Eyes

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 11:49 pm

More nice additions, the Dingo and donkey are my favorites of the first photo.

Horned lizard and vulture in the second photo are interesting.

Congrats sunny sunny

Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:47 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you both. :)

He had just posted his many splendid items on ebay Rolling Eyes
How do I get to that store?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 8:42 am

Many nice figures again for your collection.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:00 am

I love additions topics-it's always so interesting to see all the wonderful new models that join a collection! cheers cheers
So many fantastic models, and more on the way! Shocked bounce Very exciting, I really love the two Dingos, the polybag one has amazing details, and I love its trotting pose! Very Happy And I see the two Schleich 2020 dogs!! bounce cheers cheers cheers It's wonderful to see these two beauties, and looking again I am amazed once more at how realistic the poodle looks! And of course the lovely playful terrier, they are such a fantastic pair! drunken
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 am

Very cool newcomers, Paige Smile Congrats! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:32 am

Wonderful new figure, Paige. And what amazing finds at a thrift shop Shocked cheers cheers cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am

When christophe refreshes his collection, it is an oportunity that shoud not be missed. Congratulations for al your new additions.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:34 pm

Isn't it great that those wonderful models went from one collector to another , - from one side of The Pond to the other cheers

Such great models, all of them Applause

I couldn't help smiling at the shark in the last picture, resting on a monkey anda vulture; the monkey looking quite worried, and the vulture very offended Laughing

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 2:00 pm

very beautiful batch very well shot! cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 2:30 pm

Great additions!!congrats

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 4:16 pm

Beautilful and variated collection of figures. Nice finds.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 4:21 pm

Thank you everybody!

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 8:50 pm

Interesting. The new Vulture could be a Himalayan Vulture.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 6:53 pm

Today was a very special day! I have waited 2 months to share these.  bounce I ordered some special models back in December and they just showed up today! 

When I heard Southlands was not producing anymore models it broke my heart. I depserately wanted these amazing models but they were somewhat difficult to find a retailer closer to home and when I would decide to grab a few the ones I had decided on they were out of stock! I had dreamed of the marsupial lion and red kangaroo but was thwarted several times in getting them myself. So I had only gotten a chance to get a few, the dingo, tasmanian devil, and diprotodon. Each was a masterpiece and I knew I needed the rest so... the desperate search began. I was able to get nearly all from Mini Zoo and they arrived quickly from such a long journey! My brumby mare and foal have warped legs and I'll have to fix them but each model from the stallion to the tiny platypus were remarkable. However, the store was missing 4 of arguably the biggest must haves of the set... the red kangaroo buck, perentie, thylacine and thylacoleo. I was heartbroken.

I scoured the internet further and found a German site with nearly all.  But they wouldn't ship to the US... enter my savior, the great Andreas! I conversed with the owner some and was happy I could get 3 of the 4, but they said they didn't have the thylacoleo. I asked if they could triple check and then Andreas helped me purchase the figures... and somehow I lucked out! The owner found one last marsupial lion in storage! I was so elated! 

Then the looooooong wait began... I knew it would take some time, but got so worried. Paranoia set in. Then this morning, a battered box arrived... I had a mini heart attack fearing they may have gotten broken! But my fears were quickly sated. The models were just fine and remarkable!

Now my Southlands collection is complete. And I'd like to share an ENORMOUS THANK YOU to Andreas for his assistance!!!

Now I am just waiting on one last German package...

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:17 pm

I am so happy for you, Paige. There was a cry of desperation when we knew this line was not being produced anymore. I have almost all of them thanks to Susanne but I will continue telling to everyone to get these as soon as possible. They are really excellent figures, good quality, perfect scale and one of these short-lived brands that could pass anonymous if we were not collecting in community. Figures are mostly sculpted by Jason and the horses by Anna Dobrowolska, both, forum friends for a long time on forum. So, you took the right decision and luckily Andreas was available to rescue you. Dear collectors of toy animal figures, run or it will be late. Sleep

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:17 pm

All these Southlands are just amazing! Bravo!! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:31 pm

Great that you got all these Southlands, persistence pays off. Always worrying when a parcel takes a long time to arrive, as occasionally they do get lost, but the joy (or is it relief?) is even greater when you finally receive them. They are beautiful models, shame that they aren't produced anymore. And well done to Andreas!

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:58 pm

I have all those SRs except the horses (although I have contemplated getting the rearing brumby since it is a feral form)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Wonderful new additions Paige, I'm very happy for you, that you could complete your Southlands collection, now I just need to find the brumby mare and foal and my Southlands collection is complete Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:08 pm

Hurraaay for Andreas, - and a big congratulations to you cheers

So good you got the last ones also !
They are magnificent models, and now they are also great rarities Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:14 pm

After long time you got the figures - great news cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next