Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 3:43 am

I like very much the Safari Ltd hyena. Very Happy I missed the Bullyland eel with its incredible eyes a few months ago... Poor Kiki Laughing The big Safari frogfish is very interresting too, I have a Kaiyodo one, very fine but so tiny. Could you tell me the size of yours ?

Great catches again Paige Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 3:56 am

What a great batch of new additions! My favourites are the New Ray birds, and that wonderful CollectA narwhal. How strange that the tusk isn't glued in already, you'd think they'd want to attach it in the factory rather than leaving it loose. Although it's a pity you can't buy just the tusks, that's precisely the sort of impressive natural curiosity my mini Edwardian gentleman would LOVE in his study! Laughing Maybe I'll try making one!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 1:00 pm

Thanks everybody! 

Rtas, looking at my narwhals again (I have the papo and Safari) I think it is the nicest paintwise by far. It has a good size etc. The tusk popped out of its placement while I was first handling it so I had to glue it. I like that it is offset as it can be in real specimens. The only thing I don't care for is the "cup" around the tusk base because it comes so far out from the skull. I am sure it is for stability of the separate tusk piece but that is my only complaint. 

I will try to provide a closer salmon pic for you today. I do love sturgeon! And someday I will get the japanese models but for now they are a bit more expensive and difficult to acquire than I care for. 

Roger, I wasn't either! That's why I asked Mitsukuni for it. I don't think I have any other funrise models of the wildlife series, but will for sure be looking for a wolf now. I will provide photos of the pronghorn for TAW of course. The jellies are a cheaper maker, I have the tag but they are more of chinamal like quality. 

And yes, this sort of education was a really great experience when I was young and wish that that sort of curriculum was available to more kids!

Kiki I can provide some measurements for you today also, so stay tuned! Wink

George, thank you! In my ebay lot the tusk was loose and gave me a small heart attack as I first thought it was broken. But once I realized it was only a loose fitting piece I quickly glued it before it wandered off. I think your edwardian gentleman needs a "unicorn" curiosity in his study for sure!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 1:30 pm

Wow, what an amazing array of additions to start May! cheers
I just love all those pheasants, I always see these birds where we live and New Ray have made such lovely ones, we definitely need more models of this species! Very Happy A beautiful Canada Goose too! Very Happy
I love that Salmon life cycle set too, it's such an imaginative way to have different ages of an animal, and definitely the perfect way to add alternative models to a collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 2:33 pm

Very good catches. Can you please make a walkaround of the brown manta ray?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm

Nice newcomers and a few figures that I´v never seen before study
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 9:40 pm

the salmon life cycle is wonderful, it looks very detailed. What a wonderful experience growing up you had!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 9:55 pm

That was a great lot, you're right that eel (and manta) are worth it! Thanks for showing the salmon set, I've been on the fence getting it but now I will. My schools did nothing so interesting, we went to a marine amusement park in 6th grade but that's not quite so inspiring.

Kiki, I have that Safari frogfish and can recommend it. It's pretty big like most Incredible Creatures, but with my eyesight that's a plus. I'd like to get a Japanese one, but not likely and if it's that tiny just as well.

George, maybe you can get one of the loose-tooth narwhals and give it a sex change, or make it a narluga? Then keep the tusk for your diorama. Might be able to sell the redone animal.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 3:24 am

I will stay tuned Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:19 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Roger, I wasn't either! That's why I asked Mitsukuni for it. I don't think I have any other funrise models of the wildlife series, but will for sure be looking for a wolf now. I will provide photos of the pronghorn for TAW of course. The jellies are a cheaper maker, I have the tag but they are more of chinamal like quality. 

Thanks Paige, I hope you're lucky with that wolf. I suspect many of the wolf addicts on forum are not aware of the Funrise model. Oh, I wished they had released a Forest series with a fox for me. Laughing
I see you already have lots of requests in this topic. Though, is there any manufacturer mention on that Chinamal tag?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 1:17 pm

Thanks everybody! I got busy yesterday but I will get to everyone's photo requests today. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 2:00 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Rtas, looking at my narwhals again (I have the papo and Safari) I think it is the nicest paintwise by far. It has a good size etc. The tusk popped out of its placement while I was first handling it so I had to glue it. I like that it is offset as it can be in real specimens. The only thing I don't care for is the "cup" around the tusk base because it comes so far out from the skull. I am sure it is for stability of the separate tusk piece but that is my only complaint. 

My thoughts exactly, though I'm not sure my model's tusk is separate and I'm afraid to try and check this out. Lovely new additions!

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Lovely batch with many very beautiful and interesting models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 6:59 pm

Thank you spacelab and Caracal!

Finally, here are everyone's requests! I got a new phone/camera and it stopped focusing properly part way through this photo session... if I figure out why I will post crisper photos later.

First is the salmon in spawning colors.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next is the frog fish (I REALLY love him).

With his fellow IC friends and small handfish cousin.

And the little brown ray.

With his schleich manta friend (not lonely anymore!).

And the tag on the tag on the jellies and a GIANT squeaky ray I gave to my nephew. Such a blurry photo... sorry!

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptySat May 08, 2021 5:33 am

pipsxlch wrote:
George, maybe you can get one of the loose-tooth narwhals and give it a sex change, or make it a narluga? Then keep the tusk for your diorama. Might be able to sell the redone animal.

Oh, I could never sell an animal, I get too attached! I did consider buying one, keeping the narwhal on display most of the time, and just borrowing his tusk for any time I want to set up the room and take pictures, but then I know what'd happen - I'd end up collecting cetaceans and I don't have the room or the budget for another expansion Laughing
I think I'd be able to make a nice one with mixed white and beige Fimo clay, a little bit of translucent added in the mix too, then a bit of paint rubbed into the grooves and finishing wax to polish in a nice shine. There's a job for a rainy day :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptySat May 08, 2021 7:39 pm

Thanks for photographing the tag.
Those are not Chinamals, you can read more about Warm Fuzzy Toys here!
Now I want to have fun with htese! Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptySun May 09, 2021 4:29 am

Thank you, the brown ray is interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptySun May 09, 2021 11:35 am

Great batch,congrats!!!!! Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 12:47 am

Thanks everyone!

A new box from Kelly full of many goodies!
Of course, DOGS! Several new breeds for me (irish wolfhound, Chow, Bloodhound) and some models to boost my smaller breed numbers (like the Cavalier spaniel,  fox terrier, yorkie) and just more dogs anyhow. Very Happy

As a side note, on Kelly's topic I think I brought up the brittany spaniel. Here is one of the sets I mentioned. Never would buy it for myself so I am happy I could get this one from Kelly and its the nicer color... Brand is Paradise toys and my dog is stamped 2013.

Anyhow, I also got a great batch of SeaWorld (PV copy) sea animals including a finless porpoise I didn't even know about! The cutest little saber toothed cub (beardog cub?) and a tiny bison latifrans! And, amazingly again, a matching camel to go with my goat and dog from recent finds! Not the same stamp but the same style and I love him all the same. cheers

My favorite is the deer dog/rat terrier. I plan on repainting it to be a better color someday. THANK YOU Kelly! flower

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 3:46 am

Congratulations for you and a hurray for Kelly

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 4:46 am

So many interesting dog figures! Very Happy It seems Paradise Toys is a manufacturer from Sri Lanca.

George

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 8:35 am

I recognise some of those dogs, the ones on the ground level behind the sea life set. Not all of them, but definitely the plain grey one (who must be the irish wolfhound you mentioned?), the begging schnauzer, and the beagle (?) with a newspaper in his mouth - I think I must've had them as a child, cos they're so familiar!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 11:20 am

Thanks you three!

George, they are M.E.G. or more commonly known as Puppy in my Pocket figures. They were very popular in their day. sunny

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 11:34 am

Love that camel! I definitely recognize it and the earlier animals from nativity sets. As a kid I always wanted to purchase just the animals from all those sets, which was unfortunately not usually possible . . . The Puppy in my Pocket line also has lots of fond nostalgia!

Very cool that you guys did the salmon raising project in school. Our local trout hatcheries do something similar here, "trout in the classroom" - same concept but with rainbow trout. I think the people who launch these programs would think it an unmitigated success that you now love salmon because of it!

Congrats on awesome additions all around!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 4:35 pm

Ohhh!! Wow!! The dogs!! I just love dog additions topics! cheers cheers cheers
Hurray for Kelly, what a wonderful array of breeds and brands- I love them all! Very Happy Definitely the highlight is that gorgeous Brittany, this dog is so beautiful and certainly an unknown New Ray treasure- the colours, the details, and everything about this model really represent this breed so well- I love it when I find models of lesser known breeds that also actually look like a mini replica of the real dog! cheers
That mystery Deer Dog is definitely another highlight too- I can't wait to see him repainted! Very Happy Congrats on this rarity, he now has the best home with a rat terrier lover! sunny A gorgeous New Ray St Bernard and Bull terrier too- and those Hood Hounds, these little models always make me style as they capture bull breeds so well! Such a sweet little Yorkie too, I can imagine that she would look very realistic perhaps painted more black and tan- because the sculpt is wonderful!
And there's more- Puppy in my Pockets, and a fantastic selection of breeds too! Very Happy My favourite have to be that lovely Chow Chow and Irish Wolfhound- a great pair! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next