Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Aschuck's finds!

Go down 
+19
George
Tupolew Tu-154
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
aschuck
Advicot
Wilorvise
MODELMAN
Tiermann
pipsxlch
Bowhead Whale
Taos
Kikimalou
landrover
Megaptera
NightLioness
widukind
SUSANNE
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: A Safari Order   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2022, 16:48

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I placed a Safari order, with some stuff on it for me. I can't quite remember what was on it for me, but I am expecting the box from Safari at some point. Anyway, there's not much else to tell, so I'll post if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Results of the Math   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2022, 19:30

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I redid the math for my collection, and now the grand total is currently: 2404. That might change though, because of the box arriving from Safari. Anyway, that's all the news for now, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More info for the toy major gecko   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2022, 19:37

Dear Roger:

Yes, my gecko is marked with an H in a square, and it also says Madagascar Gecko 1995. There's also a Tm written on the figure too. I think this means toy major. And that's about all I can provide for information. If I come across any more unusual figures, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

P.S. By the way, the horse was by Schleich, and turned out to be a double. The hippo was also a Schleich, and was one I was looking for. So yes, Landrover, my collection is getting more complete.

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Your Email   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2022, 22:52

Dear Roger,

Hey, thanks for the nice email. And now, here's what I did with my birthday money: I purchased a few collectA figures from Happy Hen Toys. I don't know what they are yet, but the box will be coming so that's good. I won't know exactly what I ordered until the confirmation email arrives. Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. By the way, Mom and I went out for chinese food for supper.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More news from the lego side of things   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2022, 19:38

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I just wanted to tell you guys that today I ordered some lego animals for my collection. According to my calculations, my collection full total is 2414. That might change soon, as I'm expecting a box from Happy Hen sometime, so we'll see. At this point, 2414 is the current total.

The lego animals I ordered were a monkey, crocodile, elephant and elephant calf.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted if anything changes, but that's all the news for now.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Fantasy figures on Taw?   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptySat 22 Oct 2022, 04:16

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi guys. Hey, I have a question: as someone who collects fantasy figures, does anyone need photos of these for taw? I have many papo fantasy figures, as well as some Schleich and safari. I was just wondering, because many collectors often overlook the fantasy section on taw. No offense, Roger, I think you're doing a great job with construction of this database, but still ... I just think that the fantasy section of Taw should get more attention. I hope you all understand.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptySat 22 Oct 2022, 12:56

Anna, tthanks for getting the information about the Toy Major Gecko. Even if you can't provide pictures, these little informations are very useful. Particularly for Toy Major because their series on TAW are sorted according to what is marked on them.
Yes, TM means Toy Major, it is often marked inside of an oval.
So now from the 12 assorted 1995 reptiles we already know:
A. Flat-Tailed Horned Lizard
B. Desert Short-Horned Lizard
E. Collared Lizard
F. Zebra-tailed lizard
H. Madagascar Gecko
C and D might be the snakes listed htere. G, I and J still remain a mistery.

Thanks for replying here to my e-mail although I prefered you to do it privately or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where other forum friends are also congratuling you for your birthday.

Tthanks also for your words about the work being developed on TAW. I often have many work to do with the animals section so I won't give my time to the fantasy section since it is not a priority in my opinion.
It is not unwilleness from my part, this is something which requires a lot of time from us and nobody gets paid for doing it. So, it only makes sense if we have joy doing it.
So, I will let this job for editors who collect fantasy and want to dedicate their time to those sections.
I will continue giving my best to animal themed series even those I don't collect but I will be glad of supporting any editor who wants to work in those fantasy sections.

aschuck

PostSubject: More AAA information   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptySat 22 Oct 2022, 17:28

Dear Roger,

Hey, you're point is well made about the fantasy sections. My idea was that any of us who collect the Schleich Bayala or papo fantasy figures, might want to list these on taw, for collectors' convenience. Because, what if a collector comes along who is looking for Bayala unicorns, and can't find much on taw about them? What would the collector do then? You see what I'm saying? So really, I do think the fantasy sections need more work, but hey, we, as collectors, have our whole lives to finish the database, so there's really no rush. About the toy major gecko, i'm glad I could be of help. Also, did you know that AAA made a crawling black bear cub? He's on all fours, sort of sneaking around. I just thought that even if we didn't have a picture yet, a page could still be created for this guy. Anyway, I'll try and keep you supplied with information as much as I can.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More news from my collection   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptySat 22 Oct 2022, 20:47

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that today my Safari order arrived, and I kept 7 figures from the box. Those were the ones for me. No toobs this time, but there were some very nice reptiles, a spider, and a rabbit. And that's about it for new additions news. The current total in my collection is 2413.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Computer Braille and toy animal wiki   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptySun 23 Oct 2022, 03:02

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I was just wondering, as a blind person myself, I started thinking, as far as pages go on Taw, do it be helpful for me to use Computer braille when creating a page? I've used computer braille a little bit, so I know the basics, but I don't want to mess up the wiki just because I don't know what I'm doing. You see what I'm saying? I'm sure I'd have a lot of information to contribute, I just don't know how to put it there. Well, if anyone has any thoughts on this, then let me know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022, 14:20

Anna, that's the point about fantasy. Let's suppose someone is collecting Schleich unicorns, if that person wants to photograph his figures to put on TAW to share his knowledge with other collectors, Toy Animal Wiki is open to this kind of collectibles. We even have an interesting section with descriptions of some creatures which was mostly the job of Vallérie, a forum member.
About the AAA panda, I will reply to your e-mail when possible and if it does not correspond to any of the figures listed, I'll surely open a link to it.
About using braille devices to edit on TAW, it is not a problem as long as you don't use any kind of abreviated braille.
We can agree about a section where you can try it and I follow your job to fix anything if needed. Though, remember that wiki code follows some rules with brackets, bars, hifens and other codes, if they are not respected, it will destroy the visual layout and I am not sure you can get a correct overview when using a braille display. What I think you can do is adding some missing information to figure pages, like missing product numbers, availability if known and things like these.

aschuck

PostSubject: A bit of news   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2022, 02:49

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, here's the news, both good and bad. I emailed Happy Hen the other day, and they said that my order didn't go through. That's the bad news. The good news is that I'll be going out and about tomorrow, and might find something for my collection. It all depends where my friend and I go. Also, I do have plans to make a happy Hen toys order next month, there's that to look forward to. Also, in a few weeks, I'll be going to Sholers, so I might find something good there too. All in all, things look pretty good at this point. Anyway, if I find anything for my collection, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Schleich Lion and Deer doe found   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2022, 23:26

Dear Sts Friends:

I went to Volunters of America today,  and managed to find a Safari Ltd  frog, and a high quality manta ray, whose brand has still to be identified.  I  also went to Tractor supply,  and purchased a Schleich Lion 14812,  and a Schleich Deer Doe 14819.

And that's about it for new additions, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck

P.S. Roger,  the black bear  ⠉⠥⠃ ⠃⠽ AAA in ⠐⠟ is ⠠⠠⠝ listed ⠕⠝ Taw.  If ⠽ wañt ⠞⠕ ⠉⠗⠂⠞⠑ a page for it, then ⠚ write Black Bear Cub ⠠⠉⠗⠁⠺⠇⠬⠲  ⠠⠭⠄⠎ in the same pose as ⠮ ⠏⠕⠇⠜ bear and ⠏⠯⠁ cub ⠉⠗⠁⠺⠇⠬⠲  ⠠⠭⠄⠎ too bad I ⠉⠄⠞ get ⠏⠊⠉⠞⠥⠗⠑⠎ to you to ⠩⠪ you ⠱⠁⠞ I ⠍⠂⠝⠲  ⠠⠕⠓  well,  maybe someday.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2022, 01:51

The Schleich Deer Doe 14819 is really beautiful and lovely figure.

Congratulations.

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Toy Major Cobra   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2022, 05:21

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I was looking through some stuff in a bag, when I found a very rubbery cobra, with the tail missing. I suspect that it's toy major, but I can't confirm this, because the tail is missing. All I can tell is that the cobra is very rubbery, and is slithering, with the head raised, and the mouth closed. Does anyone else have this figure? If so, could you confirm whether it's toy major? Mine has no tail, and therefore no writing to identify the brand. Anyway, if you all could help solving this mystery, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The end of the Cobra Tale   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2022, 07:03

Hi Guys,

Hey, I had to get rid of the cobra figure, the one without a tail, because he was a little too dirty for my collection. By the way, the current total for my collection is 2423. As of right now, I have some Schleich and Safari figures that are doubles of each other, but that's okay, as long as I don't go overboard with buying double figures. I don't know how much this makes sense, but in my collection, having twins is not a good thing. For my animals anyway. And I guess that's about it for news, so I'll post again if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2022, 15:14

Anna, your informations about the AAA black bear cub are written with braille characters and it is so long that it will take me some time to understand it.
You need to avoid using Braille contractions when writting on forum or the characters will not be converted to regular characters and nobody will be able of reading it.
I believe what is written is basically the same you e-mailed me and I'm taking care of it.
Have you identified already which Safari frog you have acquired?

aschuck

PostSubject: Information concerning the Safari Frog   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2022, 16:41

Dear Roger,

Yes, I've found out about the Safari Frog. It's an incredible creature. Anyway, thanks for letting me know about the braille. I'll try to remember that. Also, please understand that when I write these replies, I'm using my Braille note touch plus, so just keep that in mind, when reading these replies.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2022, 22:11

I know Anna, I already edited a good number of posts replacing the braille signs but it takes a lot of time because I'm not that familiar with English contracted braille 2.
I'm glad your devices allows you to use the forum and the most important to me is that you keep enjoying. I only want to let you know that if you use contracted braille, it will generate braille visual symbols nobody can read but if you write without contractions, it shows perfectly on forum.

aschuck

PostSubject: news from the lego corner of the world   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2022, 23:48

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you all know that today, I found some really cool stuff for my lego collection. Sn now, the current total of my whole collection is 2436. I've also added a few figures that were doubles, that's okay, at least for the moment.

Anyway, that's all the news for now, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More Lego additions   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2022, 01:23

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, not uch to report to night except that I've foundmore lego parts for my collectio' as a whole, so no, my collection ttal is about 2442. Nyway, that's all te news I have for now, so I'll post from there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More Toy Major additions   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyWed 09 Nov 2022, 01:24

Dear Sts friends:

Hi guys1 I just wanted to let you know that I went to Volunteers of America today, and managed to find 8 dinosaurs for my collection. 6 were toy major1 & 2 were unbranded. so now my collection total is 2450. And that's about is for news, so I'll post again if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More collection info   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022, 07:41

Dear Sts friends,

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that since I'm getting rid of a bunch of figures1 then the total for my whole collection has decreased a bit4 I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow, so hopefully I'll find something. Right now, the current total of my collection is 2141, and that's if you count everything, including people who are coming soon. ,anyway1 I just wanted to let you all know about this. Well1 if I find anything, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: 3 schleich figures found   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022, 23:40

dear sts friends,

I went to VOA today, and found a schleich wolf and schleich dinosaur. I also went to tractor supply, and found a schleich highland bull. All in all1 these were some pretty good finds. And that's about it for new additions, so I'll post if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022, 00:08

More additions, congratulations. cheers cheers

Each figure we get fills us with joy. This hobby is wonderful.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Aschuck's finds!
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next