Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+74
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Stripedhyena
sunny
Babdo
Hippocollector
Morek
Phexedrine
goatherder
Leoo Past
thebritfarmer
Jill
spor
MansoBoricua
Paleochris
spacelab
ikessauro
halichoeres
Neptune
HeartHorses
George
NandO
Bowhead Whale
Roy-Swetsie
Farm collector
Bonnie
castlerigg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Mitsukuni
Steve170
mest
Pardofelis
angtyson97
landrover
bmathison1972
Taos
Sylvius
elephas_maximus
JRoberto
Ana
WhiteLightning Wolf
AlienMantis
hawkins_zh
Noémi
WILLYBACOMAN
Rhamphorhynchus
sbell
Tarunyada
Ice_twin
Oryx7557
widukind
Wilorvise
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
Tiermann
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Cscshop2013
smallscaleworld
pipsxlch
costicuba
farmerguy
QuollMate
schleich61
LeeAnn
blackdanter
DaveScriv
Jennypurr
Chris Sweetman
Roger
jarda
75senta75
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Brand Identification topic - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 18th 2022, 16:09

This croc seems good! Very Happy (and you're the king of the links! cheers cheers )
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 18th 2022, 21:10

Didn't even know these existed and what a wonderful Dobermann!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 18th 2022, 21:55

Caracal wrote:
This croc seems good! Very Happy (and you're the king of the links!  cheers  cheers )

lol!
pensez-vous que le crocodile veut manger angelina jolie? affraid

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 19th 2022, 00:27

Taos wrote:
Didn't even know these existed and what a wonderful Dobermann!!

Wonderful but disturbing no? :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 19th 2022, 00:29

Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:
This croc seems good! Very Happy (and you're the king of the links!  cheers  cheers )

lol!

.. probablement mais le malheureux n 'a aucune chance! Crocodile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 20th 2022, 17:59

Caracal wrote:
Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:

lol!

.. probablement mais le malheureux n 'a aucune chance! Crocodile

Laughing Poor croc! Sad
You're right, the name of the set is "Lara Croft Escapes the Powerful Crocodile."
One more link since you love snow leopards but apparently this set was not released.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 20th 2022, 19:53

Beautiful snow leopard and tiger! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 20th 2022, 21:57

Chris Sweetman wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks, Chris. I was thinking the same about the dog, it looks modern. You may be right about the cat too. We'd be looking for a more modern company that still produced metal figures; I can't think of any.

Here are a few for starters:

William Hocker; Tradition; Nostalgia; Britains; Steadfast; British Bulldog; Dorset; King and Country; Imperial; and Trophy.

An industry started in new metal soldiers since Britains released their first set in 1973. They were solid metal instead of hollow-cast.

Some manufacturers also went on to produce non military ranges and included farm related models and this is where I believe the dog came from although I cannot, as yet, identify the manufacturer.

Thank you. I'll have a look into these manufacturers and see whether I can find my cat and dog.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 26th 2022, 19:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who knows the brand please? :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 26th 2022, 20:36

Play Visions, or a copy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 26th 2022, 23:23

Thank you Paige! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 29th 2022, 12:26

Hello! Does it look familiar to anyone? Vintage figure or repainted figure? The photo is not mine...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyOctober 29th 2022, 14:32

Coulb be repainted

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 4th 2022, 14:38

Hi!
I have received a package with a mix of soft rubber miniature figures and the only ones I have identified -for sure- are a group of vintage Italian brand "Mulino Bianco".... I guess many others will be Safari Ltd Lucky minis (but not all), but I'm not sure... anyone can confirm?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 4th 2022, 17:50

Never seen before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 4th 2022, 23:01

widukind wrote:
Never seen before
Let's see if anyone recognizes some of them... I am very intrigued... scratch
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 5th 2022, 06:20

The only Good luck inis I can recognize are thses ones

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 5th 2022, 08:05

Kikimalou wrote:
The only Good luck inis I can recognize are thses ones

Thanks Christophe Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 5th 2022, 08:49

Alas, it's a very small help.
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 5th 2022, 08:55

Babdo wrote:
Hello,
can anybody help to find the name of the producer and what animal it is?
The animal is only marked with a great "E"" and the material is weak plastic - nearly rubber.
Benno.
I don't know the brand but it's an eared fox I have a water buffalo with the letter E and I have another set in a slightly larger size with the letters
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 5th 2022, 08:57

rogerpgvg wrote:
Does anyone know the brand of these toob-sized figures? All except the small domestic cat are marked "CHINA". I am guessing the hyena is a Nayab. The larger domestic cat (?) has been repainted to be a caracal.
The hyena is from a set of 12 animals that are by Nayab and the baboon is a copy of a set of animals from Toy Major
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 5th 2022, 10:21

Stripedhyena wrote:
Hi!
I have received a package with a mix of soft rubber miniature figures and the only ones I have identified -for sure- are a group of vintage Italian brand "Mulino Bianco".... I guess many others will be Safari Ltd Lucky minis (but not all), but I'm not sure... anyone can confirm?
Thanks!

...And one more figure, unknown to me. Hard rubber and about 4cm high more or less. On the tail marked with "China", although it came from Brazil.

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 12th 2022, 13:30

For many years I have been fascinated by the world of “replicas” and “copies”... Let me explain... There are many brands (known or not) that have reproduced animal figures from molds of figures of mayor brands. The most widespread example is the use of Schleich molds, specifically of the models from their first stage, back in the early to mid 80's.
The most obvious case is the Brazilian brand Gulliver, which has commercialized and commercializes replicas of Schleich, Safari Ltd and CollectA figures. But lately I'm coming across more cases... Here's one that "curls the curl"... Rubber figures inspired by Schleich molds (except elephant, which comes from another major brand) with... BUILT-IN AUDIO! Yes, each figure has a button that activates the reproduction of the animal's sound. I DO NOT KNOW the brand and the origin... Maybe someone knows something...

The truth is that the question of replicas, copies and figures inspired by known molds would give to create an individual topic to develop and discover Cool
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 12th 2022, 13:36

About this last post I want to add another figure that I guess belongs to the same collection. In this case there is no button or sound but it has the same "character" as the others and came in the same lot. There is also a red and blue iguana and a gorilla (the latter also with sound).

... And speaking of copies, although changing style and reference, here is a version of the Britains okapi. At least in this case they have been committed to the pose variants:

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 EmptyNovember 15th 2022, 18:02

Found this ram,thought he was a made in Hong Kong but not sure now.There are no marks on him.Is he a copy of Britains/Timpo or other maker?

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next