Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+74
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Stripedhyena
sunny
Babdo
Hippocollector
Morek
Phexedrine
goatherder
Leoo Past
thebritfarmer
Jill
spor
MansoBoricua
Paleochris
spacelab
ikessauro
halichoeres
Neptune
HeartHorses
George
NandO
Bowhead Whale
Roy-Swetsie
Farm collector
Bonnie
castlerigg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Mitsukuni
Steve170
mest
Pardofelis
angtyson97
landrover
bmathison1972
Taos
Sylvius
elephas_maximus
JRoberto
Ana
WhiteLightning Wolf
AlienMantis
hawkins_zh
Noémi
WILLYBACOMAN
Rhamphorhynchus
sbell
Tarunyada
Ice_twin
Oryx7557
widukind
Wilorvise
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
Tiermann
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Cscshop2013
smallscaleworld
pipsxlch
costicuba
farmerguy
QuollMate
schleich61
LeeAnn
blackdanter
DaveScriv
Jennypurr
Chris Sweetman
Roger
jarda
75senta75
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Brand Identification topic - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:05 pm

Is this figure yours? This figure was heavily copied by Chinese makers. Is it marked Schleich?

Hippocollector

Country/State : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:16 pm

Its mine but i dont have it with me. ill check it. So is it a knockoff?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 7:58 pm

Hippocollector wrote:
Its mine but i dont have it with me. ill check it. So is it a knockoff?

If it is not marked with the brand name, it is a knockoff and it is probably only marked Made in China. If it is marked Schleich, it might be one of the variations but about it I don't know anything. I only know the model was available for a long time.

Hippocollector

Country/State : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 10:36 pm

Its not marked svhleich but how do the chinese factories get the model from?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 10:41 pm

Hippocollector wrote:
Its not marked svhleich but how do the chinese factories get the model from?

I don't know the modern technologies very well but the traditional method is. They just get an original figure. They make a clay sculpt of it and then they use it to make a moulding piece. Recently, they've been copying resin and polyresin pieces too and that's the reason why we also find very good Chinese knockoffs for sale of figures we're not used with.

Morek

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2023 10:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Please anybody can help to identify this bear? It is only say England underneath….the style of letters seem to be little bit similar to timpo but I have never seen one of this…thank you for any info!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 11:47 pm

It looks a little bit 'crude' in it's production!
The feet are just flat blots of plastic.
I wonder if it is a made at home copy?? Someone just did a quick mould of a bear and mixed their own plastic filler??

And the 2 tone colours in the plastic are quite messy and unexplainable, especially if a company was involved. I think they would at least have quality control on it.
I'm quite sure that a factory would be able to get it's colour mixer working properly instead of producing a green and brown bear if it came to making money.

There have been sellers on ebay selling reMents. Something akin to making a mould from an existing model and selling the offspring.
I received some very light plastic copies of Beton Bergen figures - only to discover they were these 'rements'
when I enquired with the seller - he just ignored my questions Very Happy Very Happy
maybe he was the one doing it??
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 2:12 pm

sunny wrote:
I wonder if it is a made at home copy?? Someone just did a quick mould of a bear and mixed their own plastic filler??

And the 2 tone colours in the plastic are quite messy and unexplainable, especially if a company was involved. I think they would at least have quality control on it.
I'm quite sure that a factory would be able to get it's colour mixer working properly instead of producing a green and brown bear if it came to making money.

There have been sellers on ebay selling reMents. Something akin to making a mould from an existing model and selling the offspring.
I received some very light plastic copies of Beton Bergen figures - only to discover they were these 'rements'
when I enquired with the seller - he just ignored my questions Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you Sunny, even if hi is home made copy I wonder of which original model he is copy than? I know that even Britains where making models with two kind of plastic mix together not entirely.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 5:53 pm

Morek wrote:
sunny wrote:

Thank you Sunny, even if hi is home made copy I wonder of which original model he is copy than? I know that even Britains where making models with two kind of plastic mix together not entirely.

you are welcome Morek.

there is a bear expert on this forum - hopefully he will know?
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 10:54 am

Please can anybody help to identify this wolverine figure? It has regular Schleich-like size, maybe companion to action figures set...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 11:05 am

jarda wrote:
Please can anybody help to identify this wolverine figure? It has regular Schleich-like size, maybe companion to action figures set...

What a beautieful figure of a not common species. Sorry i can not help but more informations are also interesting for myself.
If it is from a Action toy set, it is a perfect reason that i open the thread about Action figures. I think we dont to less about that kind of figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Sorry can't help but a very lovely Wolverine.

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 12:40 pm

Help to identify the crocodile (light hard plastic) and the kangaroo (hard rubber). I put them next to the Azur ostrich to see scale..... I think they are both French made
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 12:46 pm

The kangaroo reminds me the RAE one, in the same material than the Injecta Plastic Prior
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 12:50 pm

It looks just like the ostrich... ah! I'm getting a little confused with Injecta Prior Azur... It happens to me like with some Pfeiffer series.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 1:31 pm

Except for the head, it looks a lot like the RAE

InjectA Plastic is the producer, based in Macau. Prior, Azur, lesieur, Réna were the companies who used the Injecta Plastic models as prime for their own products. Prior used the wild animals and Fish series, Lesieur and Réna used the birds series. Azur used the birds series but I don't know if they used more. I don't know teh company which used the Dogs series.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Thanks for the clarification, now it will be very clear!
The kangaroo is similar but not the same, "something" has in the mold or paint or.... it is not like the RAE...

I take this opportunity to also ask about this brown bear, it came to me with the Cofalu rhino, among others, maybe it is of the same brand?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 4:01 pm

It looks a lot like the Clairet Brown bear cub but less detailed so maybe it is a Cofalu from the "Hardplastic painted Clairet" series.
If so it is much rarer than the original. Applause
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 4:30 pm

Thank u so much for the info again Wink
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 6:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It looks a lot like the Clairet Brown bear cub but less detailed so maybe it is a Cofalu from the "Hardplastic painted Clairet" series.
If so it is much rarer than the original. Applause

I can't read it well (besides "FRANCE").

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:28 pm

it seems it is carved: (cl)airet

:)

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 10:42 pm

What is the "Hardplastic painted Clairet" series? Can anyone tell me more about it?

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 11:28 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
What is the "Hardplastic painted Clairet" series? Can anyone tell me more about it?

Cofalu released a line of hardplastic Clairet-like models with  little differences on some models and no differences at all on overs(except the colours and the place and number of evacuation rings) and released too, the same models  in cheap monochrome soft plastic.

You can see these 2 Cofalu productions in "Vintage companies"... "vintage plastic "... Cofalu wild animals" (with comparison pictures with Clairet or Starlux  models)  :)

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 7:37 am

They are also on TAW 😊
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 6:01 pm

Caracal wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Cofalu released a line of hardplastic Clairet-like models with  little differences on some models and no differences at all on overs(except the colours and the place and number of evacuation rings) and released too, the same models  in cheap monochrome soft plastic.

You can see these 2 Cofalu productions in "Vintage companies"... "vintage plastic "... Cofalu wild animals" (with comparison pictures with Clairet or Starlux  models)  :)

Kikimalou wrote:
They are also on TAW 😊

Thanks! So I understand they are Clairet copies, not real Clairets. But then why is this brown bear marked Clairet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next