Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+74
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Stripedhyena
sunny
Babdo
Hippocollector
Morek
Phexedrine
goatherder
Leoo Past
thebritfarmer
Jill
spor
MansoBoricua
Paleochris
spacelab
ikessauro
halichoeres
Neptune
HeartHorses
George
NandO
Bowhead Whale
Roy-Swetsie
Farm collector
Bonnie
castlerigg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Mitsukuni
Steve170
mest
Pardofelis
angtyson97
landrover
bmathison1972
Taos
Sylvius
elephas_maximus
JRoberto
Ana
WhiteLightning Wolf
AlienMantis
hawkins_zh
Noémi
WILLYBACOMAN
Rhamphorhynchus
sbell
Tarunyada
Ice_twin
Oryx7557
widukind
Wilorvise
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
Tiermann
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Cscshop2013
smallscaleworld
pipsxlch
costicuba
farmerguy
QuollMate
schleich61
LeeAnn
blackdanter
DaveScriv
Jennypurr
Chris Sweetman
Roger
jarda
75senta75
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Brand Identification topic - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 6:16 pm

Because it is from Clairet Roger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 9:39 pm

They are? Now I am even more confused. I thought that they were by Cofalu. Or did Clairet make models for Cofalu?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 10:39 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
They are? Now I am even more confused. I thought that they were by Cofalu. Or did Clairet make models for Cofalu?

Cofalu bought the Clairet molds in the seventies and start selling them, they were less well painted than the originals and the plastic used as well as the care given to the finishes were of lower quality too.

Some models have also undergone some modifications to facilitate production. Hyena, Tapir and Cheetah ears have been changed.

In the case of the brown bear, even if part of the word Clairet is still visible, the paintwork is Cofalu style, the plastic doesn't make it possible to render all the details and nuances of a real Clairet. As for the burrs between the legs are unthinkable on a Clairet.

As for the Cofalu "really Cofalu", very few were original models, many were "very inspired" by Starlux
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 3:31 pm

Thanks, it makes sense now. Did Clairet sell their moulds when they went bankrupt, or already before that?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:29 pm

François Clairet was still active in the early 80's but we were far from the great era (50's and 60's), the latest productions of toy soldiers were swoppets to reduce costs as in England. The quality had completely disappeared.
The adventure with Cofalu began in the 1970s, the brand produced the "Clairet" in painted hard plastic and also in monochrome flexible plastic.
For a long time in France, the figurines "bazaar toys" were produced in France, the Made in HK will appear later.
For the record, one of the two bird trees, attributed to Clairet, is not from the brand.
We see it appear on page 37 of Thomas and Trombetta's book dedicated to Clairet. The boxes shown in the two photos are not Clairet.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:13 pm

Thank you, useful to know.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Does anyone know which Chinese company made this black panther? It is marked CHINA.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's quite unique for a toob-sized figure because it has darker spots.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:04 pm

I don't know but I love it!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:07 pm

Nayab "jaguarundi" or a copy. :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:17 pm

Thank you! I was looking under black panthers in TAW and then didn't find it of course.

I noticed that the "Wild Republic Wildepedia North American Animals" page links to the same photo, but there it is listed as a panther.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 8:23 pm

It is the Nayab model as Paige correctly identified. We don't know which animal Nayab intend to represent so it is known as a jaguarundi among collectors. These figures are used for whatever fits the mold. Wild Republic used to list this figure as a panther for their North American Wildepedia set which was composed of "repainted" Nayab figures. To avoid listing these "equal" figures unfinitely, we link to the Nayab model page. I wouldn't be surprised this version to be the Wild Republic one and representing a black jaguar because that's the only animal we can call panther in a North American set.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:25 pm

Do jaguarundis have spots? I thought only young ones.

I suspect mine is a Nayab because it came in a lot with a few other Nayabs. Wild Republic is also rarer in the UK than Nayab.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 8:03 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Do jaguarundis have spots? I thought only young ones.

I suspect mine is a Nayab because it came in a lot with a few other Nayabs. Wild Republic is also rarer in the UK than Nayab.

No, jaguarundis do not have spots, they have a uniform color and two main morphs, the red and the grey. Jaguarundi has always been an optimistic identification because most of the figures feature unusual small mammals but maybe the most correct identification to this model is black panther which works for a black leopard or a black jaguar. Those have spots even in their melanistic morphs and I think they're more noticiable in jaguars.Should I abandon the jaguarundi identification on TAW?

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 9:03 pm

Based on the spots, I'd say it is more likely a black panther. That would also be more consistent with how Wild Republic marketed it. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 9:50 pm

A little retrospective about this model.
The myth of the jaguarundi started in 2011, it is Jean-Luc's fault as you can [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm kidding Jean-Luc, we all loved the jaguarundi suggestion and if we had assumed it as a black panther, we would never give the same importance to this model. Wink
The page on TAW was opened in 2015 by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], our Julie with her picture. It was introduced as a jaguarundi and the filename also retains the jaguarundi name. It has never been changed all this time.
Though, it has been a collector based identification although We've never seen it sold as a jaguarundi. Sure the tail is long for a jaguarundi and the sculpt is not accurate for any of these species but it works nicely for all of them as a cheap tube sized figure. With rosets, it is a panther.

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 10:21 am

What do we know about these? Marked on the base as “Collonil W. Germany”... And the comparison with another tiger, the same but unpainted, marked only with W. Germany...

...And what about this type of zebu? French provenance and Starlux scale.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:25 am

The Collonil figures are premium models offered by the company, a German maker of shoe care products. They were manufactured by Jean Hoefler which is what your unpainted tiger is.

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:33 am

The unpainted tiger, maarked W.Germany is by Jean Höfler
I have never heard of Collonil, nor ever seen painted Höfler animal figures before.
But there are few mentions of Collonil online

horse, donkey, cow

indian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:34 am

Roger wrote:
The Collonil figures are premium models offered by the company, a German maker of shoe care products. They were manufactured by Jean Hoefler  which is what your unpainted tiger is.

you just beat me to it, brother.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 12:32 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
Roger wrote:
The Collonil figures are premium models offered by the company, a German maker of shoe care products. They were manufactured by Jean Hoefler  which is what your unpainted tiger is.

you just beat me to it, brother.

Laughing Though, it is nice to see you providing information too.

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 1:05 pm

Thank you both, Roger and Sandor. The question then now would be... Collonil edited his figures painted? How common or not are these figures?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 2:06 pm

I don't know if Collonil offered them painted or if someone did it afterwards. The question is: Are there unpainted Collonils?
For the Zebu, it's a JEM/NOREV from the 50s, it seems that there is a series in hard plastic and another in softer plastic.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Here is a Collonil moose for sale, it may answer a few questions or the other way around. Laughing

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 6:56 pm

Hello, please can somebody help to identify this old plastic peacock from Japan? For size comparison here with modern Furuta peacock companion...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 8:15 pm

I can not help. But it is a perfect example for good old unknown stuff.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next