Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some old poultry :D

Go down 
+9
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
RtasVadumee
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Some old poultry :D Empty
PostSubject: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am

Recently I got a black rooster and hen .
They are extremely charming, but I needed some help to identify them : Marolin ! Of course  geek
Marolin plastic models from after The Wall !
So they had to meet my other marolin/Plaho chickens :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Which inspired me to find my old composition chickens sunny  :
Elastolin :

Lineol ( unfortunatly I have no Lineol rooster, but they seem quite happy anyway Wink

Two very nice Lineol ducks :

A little duck, where I don't know the brand ( Lineol ? scratch  ) :

but she is not lonely, she goes well with the beautyful male duck from Danolin :

Two fine pigeons from Elastolin  drunken :

Two lovely guineafowls from Lineol, I think I love you

Peacocks !
Lineol, Danolin, and old Lineol, - I think the one with the tail down is also an old Lineol model :

Danolin swan :

Shining star of my models : Lineol turkeys cheers

BUT !
Sorry !  I just could not stop with the composition models.Rolling Eyes Laughing

Tiny Starlux birdies :

Another beautyful couple of turkeys, they are unmarked, - could they be plastic models from Hausser ?

Britains turkeys :

Here we come to something very special !
I have had these two ever since my childhood, and as you can see, they have been very much loved Wink.

They look very much like the ones from Britains, but they are not the same Shocked :

They are also marked differently.
Perhaps out British friends can help , please ?bounce

Adoreable, tiny Britains moms :

And these, - again, perhaps Hausser ?
The pheasant sneaked in, and he is so cute that I let him do it  Very Happy

And now cheers
The old Reislers.
Many have been my friends for up to 62 years ! farao
My bestest friend also had some, so I marked mine with Mom's nail polish to make sure the right ones stayed with me.Laughing
They all had names, but unfortunately I can't remeber them anymore

Reisler geese.
In our plays the gander was alway the angry neigbour .
I got him before the goose, but later she could always talk sence to him Laughing

Reisler hens and roosters Very Happy

Last, but not least ! drunken
Pigeons, and the duck with her tiny ducklings !
I got the small ones a bit later than the duck, but still, I was only a small child, so I am rather impressed that I still have them all  six ( with red marks) , after app 60 years !!!!

That's all for now, friends  !
I hope you did not fall asleep Sleep

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 1:30 pm

I needed to put the world on pause to watch this museological topic!
It is one of these that we need to visit and revisit. Your pictures are really very pleasant.
I am not the best person to help you identifying these figures, they need lot of knowledge and a sharp eye and I miss both.
Though, I believe your peacock with the tail down and dark duck are 3rd generation Lineol figures, Guinea fowls looks like 4th generation.
Some figures are really intringuing me but will be back.
I remember you telling a long time ago about the polish nail, at least I know someone that gives a decent use to it. Laughing

Last edited by Roger on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:05 pm

These old figures are unbelievable.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm

Some very nice poultry Susanne, I don't collect vintage companies but enjoy seeing them on the forum. Now all I need to do is see your fabulous collection in all its glory. Your numbers of figures just astounds me, 10x more than I have and I thought my collection was huuuge! Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:14 pm

I love you  the Lineol peacocks and unmarqued thurkeys!

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 3:34 pm

Thankyou very much, dear guys Very Happy

Advicot wrote:
Some very nice poultry Susanne, I don't collect vintage companies but enjoy seeing them on the forum. Now all I need to do is see your fabulous collection in all its glory. Your numbers of figures just astounds me, 10x more than I have and I thought my collection was huuuge! Very Happy

My dear friend, - don't wish to get so many models as I have Laughing
There is no doubt that it is crazy geek

I cannot show them all to you, as most are packed in boxes, and the boxes are not very nice Rolling Eyes
It was the plan to buy nice, clear, uniform plastic boxes , but when I discovered that each box costs as much as a model, I prefer to use shoe boxes and other second hand boxes and buy models for the money .
It works well, because the boxes are all different, so I can ( usually) quickly find the models I need, but it surely looks messy Embarassed lol!

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 4:33 pm

The collecting hobby is just joy for me and I am in no way of trying to compete with your collection size, it won't happen my collection is nicely sized and I probably have enough room for another 750+ figures to enter it though.

It would be great if someone set up a collectors fair for us all to attend and we could compare our collections in person. The STS Global Animal Fair. Wink I'm already branding my fantasy event Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Everybody knows Susanne has every single model referenced on TAI Laughing

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 5:05 pm

Applause Applause

This is all really amazing, I love the pigeons from Elastolin and the Peacocks .

Big congratulations Susanne. cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Oh my goodness, chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigeons pheasants and... what a beautiful flock!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Wonderful wonderful old models and especially like the Guinea fowl and pigeons!!.One of the modern companies really needs to make some guinea fowl!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:29 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I hope you did not fall asleep Sleep
No, definitely not, these little birds are rather exciting and your photos are wonderful. And I like the fact that you left us some mysteries to solve. They will probably keep me awake tonight  Very Happy

I don't know much about composition models. I don't collect them, but I always think they look very good. Perhaps it's the organic material that makes them look more natural than plastic models. Nice to see that you have so many.

The Starlux birds: Now I see them next to the Lego block, I realise that I need to start collecting them, as they are really very good.

SUSANNE wrote:
Another beautyful couple of turkeys, they are unmarked, - could they be plastic models from Hausser ?
Yes, I think you are right. Here we have the Hausser 70mm turkeys from the  1972 catalogue:

SUSANNE wrote:
They look very much like the ones from Britains, but they are not the same Shocked :

They are also marked differently.
Perhaps out British friends can help , please ?bounce
All were made by Britains, but the turkeys with the flush base and Herald mark (with a trumpet) are earlier, produced before 1962. The hen was only produced until 1962, but the cock was produced until 1980, according to Barney Brown's Britains farm models book. You are lucky to have two hens. I have one, but it is in a poor state and whenever I bid for a better one on Ebay, someone else bids much more.

SUSANNE wrote:
And these, - again, perhaps Hausser ?
The pheasant sneaked in, and he is so cute that I let him do it  Very Happy
The ducks look like the 70mm Hausser ducks:
They seem small for 70mm models, but the catalogue only shows 54mm white ducks.

The grey birds are also 70mm Hausser Elastolins:
What do you think they are? Pigeons?

The pheasant may be this one from the 54mm zoo series:

SUSANNE wrote:
My bestest friend also had some, so I marked mine with Mom's nail polish to make sure the right ones stayed with me.Laughing
They all had names, but unfortunately I can't remeber them anymore
I also marked my animals when I was a child, so that I knew which ones were mine and which ones my brother's. I didn't use nail polish  Very Happy, but wrote their names under it so I didn't forget them. Very messy Evil or Very Mad

These look like Britains copies Smile

I like the breeding hens in particular; not so common in vintage brands.

SUSANNE wrote:
Last, but not least ! drunken
Pigeons, and the duck with her tiny ducklings !
I got the small ones a bit later than the duck, but still, I was only a small child, so I am rather impressed that I still have them all  six ( with red marks) , after app 60 years !!!!
Amazing, well done keeping them. Are they Reislers too?

Lots of models to put onto TAW Wink

Last edited by rogerpgvg on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 8:14 am

Thanks again to all you great people cheers
I am so happy that you like them too Very Happy

Rogerp, Thankyou ever so much for all your help and comments flower

Yes, the duck whith little, yellow ducklings are Reisler also .
You are a live wiki of knowledge about these old models study Applause Applause
It may interest you that Mr Reisler was a personal friend of the owner of Elastolin, and for a period, Reisler manufactured and painted Elastilin models here in Denmark !
I never saw them here though  scratch

Adam, it is a brilliant idea to make a fair for STS !
We actually tried to meet as many as possible, but alas, we live too far apart  Sad

Taylor : Yes ! Why don't anybody make guineafowls these days ? scratch
Perhaps they are not so well known anymore , - when I was young, many people had guineafowls as a hobby Very Happy
They are rather difficult to keep, prone to illness, and they can be quite nervous.

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 10:28 am

Sorry for being wayyy of topic, but it would be fun to do some sort of ZOOM meeting where we all see one another but on a computer. It would also save a lot of money from travelling to one destination (we can't do it now anyway) for a fair. There would have to be restrictions on numbers as we can't have 100+ people all at once at an online call. For example today 20-30 people from European countries take part in one, then tomorrow all the North and South American people do one. The Asian and Australasian, and an African one.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 am

Wow, what a lovely topic you made Susanne cheers
I love watching your vintage models so beautifuly presented with your great photos.
Such a great models you have here Very Happy
I know, this is only a very small part of your poultry collection ...
mine is sooo small Laughing although I am born in the year of rooster , according to the chinese calendar Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 11:37 am

Thankyou very much, Kosta Very Happy

WOW ! You are the rooster : Observant, hardworking, courageous cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 am

SUSANNE wrote:

WOW ! You are the rooster :   Observant, hardworking, courageous  cheers

Very Happy ... maybe ... but now .. I am : lazy , sleepy , not working at all .. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 11:51 am

Advicot wrote:
Sorry for being wayyy of topic, but it would be fun to do some sort of ZOOM meeting where we all see one another but on a computer. It would also save a lot of money from travelling to one destination (we can't do it now anyway) for a fair. There would have to be restrictions on numbers as we can't have 100+ people all at once at an online call. For example today 20-30 people from European countries take part in one, then tomorrow all the North and South American people do one. The Asian and Australasian, and an African one.

You surely are an inventive, resourceful, wonderful young man, Adam Shocked Very Happy Applause Applause
I have NO idea bout how to do those things, so I'll leave it to the younger generations farao Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 am

costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

WOW ! You are the rooster :   Observant, hardworking, courageous  cheers

Very Happy ... maybe ... but now .. I am : lazy , sleepy , not working at all  .. Laughing

I know how it is ! Rolling Eyes
Strange how this isolation makes me - as you say : lazy, sleepy, slow in the head Laughing

However, we see now in Denmark, where we are slowly, slowly starting to loosen the isolation for some people young, healthy people, - and they fight with claws and teeth and won't get OUT of isolation Rolling Eyes
Which in a way I understand, but some day we have to dare begin facing this c-monster, or we run completely out of money Suspect

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 12:04 pm

yeah, I agree ... hard days
But , .. ''the glass is half full'' ...still , right ? Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 5:52 pm

As Rogerpgvg says you are so lucky having those Britains/Heralds turkey hens!!I too have tried for ages to get one but no joy Sad

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Taos wrote:
As Rogerpgvg says you are so lucky having those Britains/Heralds turkey hens!!I too have tried for ages to get one but no joy Sad

I had no idea !!! Shocked
Imagine, they have been clucking away in my "special box" made of black wood for +/- 60 years .
That is how old toys survive, I suppose .
And how they become rare : The heirs just throw it all out Rolling Eyes
I'll put a note beside them for my son to NOT throw them out if I suddenly drop dead Wink

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
It may interest you that Mr Reisler was a personal friend of the owner of Elastolin, and for a period, Reisler manufactured and painted Elastilin models here in Denmark !

Yes, interesting. I suppose it also explains why one of the Reisler models is identical to the Hausser Elastolin.
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 1:08 pm

Susanne, what a beautiful topic! sunny
Poultry figures are especially effective and nice in groups and photos like the ones you show here.

Susanne wrote:
Susanne A little duck, where I don't know the brand ( Lineol ?)

The little duck is by Lineol. This model was first produced from 1937 for the new IV. generation.
There was also a white painted version. After the war the model was not changed, it only got a new article number. So the duck was in production from 1937-1942 and from 1950-1960. I have two of these models, one is marked with Lineol under the base and the other one is without Lineol marking.  

The ducks were also sold with other poultry in gift boxes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Your guinea fowl is by Lineol.
Mine is marked with Lineol. This model also belongs to the 1940-1960  IV. generation.

The peacock with the tail down is also  probably an old Lineol model.
For a more detailed classification, a more detailed photo would be helpful. I have this model in my collection too, it is marked with Lineol.  The Peacock belongs to the III. generation and was produced from 1927-1940.

The really very small turkeys, doves, ducks and the plastic pheasant are from Hausser from the 70s.

Here are comparative photos. The duck by lineol, the brown running hen by Schleich and the little plastic pigeons by Hausser Elastolin.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 1:25 pm

WOW !!! Thankyou ever so much, dear Yvette cheers

This also helped a lot !!! sunny

I'll make some close ups of the peacock with tail down tonight Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some old poultry :D   Some old poultry :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Some old poultry :D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next