Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

endogenylove's new arrivals!

Go down 
+19
George
spacelab
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
lucky luke
Tiermann
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
Pardofelis
costicuba
Caracal
Roger
Taos
widukind
Advicot
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
landrover
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am

Fantastic choices- they are beautiful models! drunken
I love the Black-Backed Jackal- many wonderful additions to your collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Beautiful and useful pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 7:32 pm

Waiting on some interesting new additions- a Kaiyodo small mammals lot and the full Kaiyodo Deep Sea Odyssey Set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (I got both from the same seller for under $50 combined with shipping!!)

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Well, international shipping delays have meant that the aforementioned Japanese models have yet to arrive at my house. In the meantime, I have some other additions to show off for the month of February. Nothing particularly special or unusual, but just some figures that I have been missing. I apologize for the setting, I did not have access to my ususal black set up for this photo shoot, so the lighting and angles are all off.

Starting off with Artiodactyla:
1. Guar (Bos gaurus) - Mojo Fun - The beauty of this figure can not be understated. It really is as nice as all of the reviews on here state :)
2. Greater Kudu (Tragelaphus strepsiceros)
3. Alpaca (Vicugna pacos) - Another wonderfully detailed and beautiful figure, this model replaces a Schleich figure in my collection.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the mojo Guar with the Papo B. mutus:

Here is the papo Kudu with the Safari T. imberbus. The papo is a bit too dark in color in my opinion, while the safari is a bit too light. The sculpts on both models are incredible though. Unlike many of you, the large size of the Papo does not bother me at all Wink

Here is the papo Alpaca with the Schleich that formerly held it's place. I think that there is no question over which model is better. The fur texture on the Papo is so much more lifelike and realistic than the ugly grain on the Schleich. However, I do like the fact that Schleich chose to make an animal that was not solid-colored.

Next up, some canids. I realized after taking the picture that I'd already shown the jackal, so just take it's inclusion as a comparison Wink
1. Dingo (Canis lupus dingo) - Southlands Replicas - One of the two last Southlands figures I purchased. Unfortunately my figure is top heavy and I have had to prop a small rock under it's foot to have it stand up for this picture Sad
2. Golden Jackal (Canis aureus) - Papo - I like this model. I know it has been a hot point of debate on the forum, but the eyes on mine are not overly obtrusive, and despite the fact that the bland paint job leaves a bit to be desired, I think that the model has a certain charm that I can not deny.

Next up, Marsupials, including my first Science and Nature:
1. Thylacine (Thylacinus cynocephalus) - CollectA - I am a firm believer in the continued existence of the thylacine Wink
2. Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo (Dendrolagus lumholtzi) - The last of the Southlands replicas figures I purchased. Although I still lack the koala, platypus, thylacine, and Tasmanian devil, I am satisfied with other representations of them. I still crave the beautiful Red Kangaroo male, but he is out of stock everywhere I look.
3. Greater Bilby (Macrotis lagotis) - Science and Nature - Think of this purchase as a proof-of-concept for this brand. I like it, and will be getting more. I wish it was more detailed and less "cute", but the uniqueness of the species makes it worthwhile.
4. Peremelemorphia spp. - I ordered this figure from aliexpress as the Eastern Barred Bandicoot was out of stock on Minizoo. However, this figure is obviously an off brand fake. It was cheap, so I am not overly peturbed, but still a disappointment. For now I will keep it, I was thinking with this rather drab painting it could represent a Long-nosed Bandicoot (Peremeles nausata)? Let me know your thoughts!

Here is the southlands kangaroo with the Safari D. matschei:

And here is the CollectA thylacine with my only other marsupial carnivore, the southlands Tiger quoll (Dasyurus maculatus):

And one more mammal addition before I move on, the Papo Black and White Ruffed Lemur (Varecia variegata):

Now, for the non-mammals:
1. King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) - Mojo Fun
2. Long Eared Owl (Asio otus) - Safari LTD - I purchased this figure mostly for it's convenience over the Kaiyodo figure. The colors are a bit too much for me though, so I may purchase the kaiyodo down the line, but it is not a priority.
3. Domestic Turkey, Bronze Breed (Meleagris gallopavo domesticus) - My favorite figure of the entire batch, such a work of art. Unfortunately, my figure leans backwards and sits on it's tail instead of the (free standing!!) legs. I will give it a hot water bath to hopefully fix this issue.
4. Kagu (Rhynochetos jubatus) - Yowie USA
5. 'I'iwi (Drepanis coccinea) - Yowie USA
6. Golden Mantella (Mantella aurantiaca) - Yowie USA - This is a fine figure, but the bright red color disturbs me a bit. I know the frogs can sometimes be this color, but it is atypical. If an opportunity to purchase the Yujin figure ever presents itself, I will take it, but this is an okay representative for now.

Here is the long eared owl with two other Safari owls, Bubo virginianus and a repainted Tyto alba.

Here is the mojo King Cobra with a true cobra, the Papo Indian Cobra (Naja naja).

And here is a direct comparison between the CollectA turkey and the Schleich turkey:

And that is all for now! Hopefully my Japanese packages can get through shipping soon to share with you all. Thanks for reading!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm

Great additions, mostly must haves again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:10 pm

So many wonderful additions, you have picked some excellent choices! cheers cheers
I loved scrolling through all these photos of beautiful animals- the Papo Alpaca especially, wow this model is stunning! Shocked The texture of the fur, I can almost feel that wooliness, when Papo do a model really well they do it to perfection! cheers cheers
And the row of canines, I loved this photo! Very Happy The Papo Jackal is wonderful, and the Southlands Dingo gorgeous too, it's a shame he had to be propped up!
I can imagine how happy you must feel to have all these animals now in your collection, there is nothing more fun than introducing new models to the others! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Lovely batch!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 6:21 pm

Excellent additions Very Happy

Please could you show pics of the Mojo king cobra hood ?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Many interesting species and useful pictures! cheers cheers thanks for sharing! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 7:48 pm

I really love all your additions. Most were or are part of my collection too. Before Southlands, these lovely Science and Nature models were a kind of fresh air in this hobby once Australian animal figures were really rare. I got most of them, the small ones, despite their cuteness and simplicity. They were unexpensive and most of these species we were not expecting to see other renditions. Brands like Southlands are rare and it is a stroke of luck to these that collected during the availability of their models. I am also curious to see if Mojo got the king cobra markings correctly and I like it together with the Papo Indian cobra, you couldn't provide me a better comparison picture once I have and love the French model.
Turkeys comparison is also very eloquent but extremly cruel to the Schleich model. Sometimes I even think it is not a turkey. It is impressive the amount of detail the sculptor of its counterpart devoted to that figure. I must get it.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 8:03 pm

Despite this quality gap between both turkeys, I actually think they fit greatly together with the Schleich as a younger male. Even though it does not make a perfect juvenile because of the tail's shape, it still can work nicely in my opinion.

Thank you for those useful comparison pics, I now know I made a good choice by skipping the Safari Matschie.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 3:35 am

Wow, It's been a while since I last updated this topic! The reason for that is that I moved! However, that means that at this moment I don't have access to the bulk of my collection, as it is currently being stored cross country at a family member's house. The first set of pictures here were taken in July, during some free time, but I never got around to uploading them. The second set of photos were taken today of new figures I've gotten since my move. Due to the stress and confusion of moving, I am absolutely certain that there are a fair amount of species that I missed taking photos of, so hopefully when I next have access to my collection I can get those images. But for now, on to the photos!
First and foremost, here's a comparison between the markings of the Papo Indian Cobra (Naja naja) and the Mojo King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) that several of you asked for.

Now, for the additions! First up, some Yowies from a variety of series, including the new Animals With Superpowers series:
1. White Lipped Peccary (Tayassu pecari) - Small, but not unbearably so.
2. Hooded Pitohui (Pitohui dichrous) - Such an interesting choice!
3. California Tiger Salamander (Ambystoma californiense)
4. (Skipping the frog because I've already shown it) Pygmy Blue Tongued Skink (Tiliqua adelaidensis) - Adorable! I've always wanted a blue tongue as a pet!
5. Ruby-eyed Green Pit Viper (Trimeresurus rubeus)
6. Fennec Fox (Vulpes zerda) - This is a replacement for a safari model - I'll talk about this more later
7. African Grass Owl (Tyto capensis) - My figure falls over at any chance it can get unfortunately Sad
8. Andean Mountain Cat (Leopardus jacobita)

Here is the fennec with it's safari counterpart. I think it's obvious that the Yowie is a much nicer model. The detail is much better, and it's smaller. I still crave the ekioh model, but this is a good alternative for the moment.

Here's my two yowie salamanders together:

Here's the yowie peccary with the safari collared one:

Here's the pit viper with another venomous snake, the papo rattler:

And here's the grass owl with another Tyto member, a repainted Safari T. alba:

Now for some smaller Safari figures. All of these came from a bulk bag I found at a thrift store for less than $1. Starting off with some turtles from the frogs and turtles TOOB:
1. Loggerhead Musk Turtle (Sternotherus minor) - This figure is okay, one of the better looking ones of the bunch.
2. Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina) - This will eventually get replaced by the Kaiyodo rendition, but it is okay for the moment.
3. Painted Turtle (Chrysemys picta) - This resembles a painted turtle only in name but there are no better alternatives currently.
4. Sawback or False Map Turtle (Graptemys pseudogeographica) - Again, this resembles a false map pretty much only in name, but there are no better alternatives.

Here are those figures with my only other turtle at this size range, the Yujin Mata mata(Chelus fimbriata):

Here's two more small Safaris:
1. Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loricula) - There might be a better rendition out there, but this one isn't bad.
2. Nine-Banded Armadillo (Dasypus novemcinctus) - I still crave the Schleich or the Chap Mei, but this is a worthy subsitute for now.

Here's the angelfish with the Blue Damselfish (Chrysiptera cyanea) from Yowie:

Some Full-sized safari additions:
1. American Alligator (Alligator mississippiensis) - I know many people prefer different alligators, such as the papo or mojo, but this one just has a certain charm to it that reminds me of alligators I've worked with in the past.
2. King Vulture (Sarcoramphus papa) - This is such a gorgeous figure. One of my absolute favorites of the entire group. A must have for any collection, I think :)
3. Great Hammerhead Shark (Sphyrna mokarran) - Can't go wrong with Safari sharks!
4. Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) - This figure replaces a Schleich figure in my collection.

Here is the alligator with a white version that I got at some point in my childhood (I believe it's the same sculpt) and with the Schleich Nile Crocodile:

Here is the Safari Polar Bear with the Schleich model that formerly held it's spot. I know many people like the standing and/or walking papo ones, but for me their faces are just very strange.

Some Papo! All three of these figures are outstanding.
1. West Indian Manatee (Trichechus manatus) - Another one of my favorite figures of the bunch. The level of detail on this figure is just completely outstanding.
2. Common Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) - Theoretically, these birds live in my area, but I've never seen them. I've found feathers though!
3. Chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra)

Here's the manatee with my other sirenian, the CollectA Dugong:

And here is the Chamois with some other non-goat and non-sheep Caprinids (I am still missing a mountain goat), the CollectA Muskox (Ovibos moschatus) and the Kitan Japanese Serow (Capricornis crispus):

Science and Nature! I finally broke and bought more models of this brand.
1. Superb Fairywren (Malurus cyaneus) - My favorite of the Science and Nature Models :)
2. Common Brushtail Possum (Trichosurus vulpecula) - Not a bad model, but my example has a lot of misplaced paint Sad
3. Eastern Quoll (Dasyurus viverrinus) - Very cute little model
4. Kakapo (Strigops habroptilus) - I might end up replacing this with the furuta version, as this model does not really convince me, but it's okay for now.
4. Red Tailed Black Cockatoo (Calyptorhynchus banksii)
5. Little Blue Penguin (Eudyptula minor) - I hope to replace this eventually with the colorata version, as it is very large, but it's cute and my favorite penguin species.
6. Australian Magpie (Gymnorhina tibicen)
7. Australian Sea Lion (Neophoca cinerea) - Quite small, but okay.
8. Yellow-Crowned Kakariki (Cyanoramphus auriceps) - Large, but okay.

Here's all my parrots together now, featuring the Safari LTD Green-Winged Macaw (Ara chloropterus), Schleich budgie (Melopsittacus undulatus) and Yowie Lear's Macaw (Anodorhynchus leari). I forgot the Safari Lorikeet, but that's okay.

Here's the magpie with my other Corvid, the Safari Common Raven (Corvus corax):

Here's the quoll with the Southlands Tiger Quoll (Dasyurus maculatus):

Here's my three Australian possums, featuring the Southlands Mountain Brushtail Possum (Trichosurus cunninghami) and the Yowie Northern Glider (Petaurus abidi):

And here's the Little Blue Penguin with my other Penguin, the Yowie Yellow-Eyed Penguin (Megadyptes antipodes):

Two Mojo Animals:
1. Brazilian Tapir: (Tapirus terrestris) - I purposely bought the Grey variant because I feel it provides more of a contrast with the Baird's tapir.
2. Black Crested Macaque (Macaca nigra)

Here's the Macaque with my only other Macaque, the Kitan Japanese M. fuscata:

CollectA Additions! A lot, as usual:
1. Baird's Tapir (Tapirus bairdii) - I am lucky to have gotten this model before the malayan version takes over.
2. Jacob's Sheep (Ovis aries) - Yes, this is a domestic breed, but I do enjoy having a variety of different breeds of animals and this is a gorgeous figure and species.
3. Diana Monkey (Cercopithecus diana)
4. Pere David's Deer (Elaphurus davidianus) - My favorite of these CollectA figures.
5. European Mouflon (Ovis gmelini)
6. Secretary Bird (Sagittarius serpentarius) - Also a beautiful figure, but mine has some trouble standing up.

Here's my three Deer species, featuring the Safari Domestic Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) and Elk (Cervus canadensis):

Here's my wild Ovis, featuring an unbranded O. ammon, and the Safari O. canadensis:

And my Domestic Ovis, featuring the Safari Sheep:

And my Three Tapirs! I have the old Schleich Malayan Tapir (Acrocodia indica), but I would prefer either the Safari or Papo models. I don't like the CollectA and I have no judgement on the new Schleich yet.

And now, four last models from thift stores (before we move on to part 2 of this post!):
1. Caracal (Caracal caracal): This is a chap mei model. I'm not thrilled with it, but I plan to repaint over the spots. It is too big, and I would prefer the Playvisions model, but I do like the pose and expression of this figure.
2. Ring Necked Snake (Diadophis punctatus) - I do believe this is the Ja-Ru model. I like it, the eyes are a bit too large but aside from that it is alright :)
3. Great Barracuda (Sphyraena barracuda) - Another Chap Mei model. I know there may be a japanese model of this species that's better but I don't mind this model at all! My only issue is that I wish it would stand upright, but that's okay.
4. Northern Greater Galago (Otolemur garnettii) - THE BEST FIGURE OF THE GROUP FOR LAST!! While this figure may not look outstanding, it's an absolute dream figure for me! My friends found this for me at a flea market for 50 cents! This is the Action Products Bushbaby, and it is the best representative of it's species in a usual size range. The safari figure is gorgeous, but it is far too large. The Yowie figure is too brown, and the Nayab is just ugly. I never dreamed I would own this figure, because it never seems to come up for sale online, but I got so lucky!

Here's how I display the bushbaby with a relative since it can't stand up on its own :)

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 4:06 am

And now it's time for part 2! These are figures I've gotten since moving to my new place. I apologize for the less than ideal set up in both parts, it is what was available. There are very few comparisons in this part, because the vast majority of my collection is not here.

That being said, we start out with the only comparison! Shown here with the Safari Elk (Cervus canadensis):
1. White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus) - As an animal I've seen almost every day for most of my life, I prefer this model over the Safari. It just feels more real.

Next up, the Safari Great Lakes TOOB. I also have the dragonfly and the lynx, but I don't collect invertebrates and I have the full sized lynx already, so they are not in my main collection.
1. American Herring Gull (Larus smithsonianus)
2. Little Brown Bat (Myotis lucifugus) - Another animal I see very frequently. Nice to get some main-brand bat representation!
3. Yellow Perch (Perca flavescens) - I am a big fan of how clean this model is.
4. Mudpuppy (Necturus maculosus) - My favorite of this whole set! What a cute little model. I have the Tennessee Aquarium version packed away somewhere, not as part of my collection, but just as a decoration.
5. Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) - I may get the Papo version in the future, but this is okay.
6. Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) - I really wish this figure was bigger, but it's okay for now I suppose.
7. Lake Sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens)
8. Lake Erie Water Snake (Nerodia sipedon insularum) - I love the pose of this model.

Backyard Birds TOOB! A must-have set, in my opinion. My examples don't have the best paint jobs I've seen, but they also don't have the worst.
1. Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)
2. Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) - I wish this figure had a bit more color variation across it.
3. American Robin (Turdus migratorius) - I slightly modified the base so the feet did not blend in.
4. Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula) - I wish this were a bit more detailed.
5. Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) - My Favorite of this set.
6. Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus pileatus) - Most of these birds are very familiar to me, but none as familiar as this one. My old house was wooden shingled all over, which meant a free meal to the woodpeckers. Constant noise!

Here are three Yowies:
1. Utah Prairie Dog (Cynomys parvidens) - This figure is king of ugly, but it's okay!
2. American Beaver (Castor canadensis) - I have the Safari Beaver, but I really dislike it due to it's incredibly cartoon-like appearance. I think I will end up with the Mojo figure, but this is okay for now.
3. Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus) - Yes, this figure is tiny. But as we all know, there is no large main brand alternative. So, for the time being, this figure will take the slot.

A few more science and nature figures:
1. Southern Boobook Owl (Ninox boobook) - This figure is large and somewhat creepy or cartoon-ish, but it is the best current representative.
2. Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby (Petrogale xanthopus) - This figure, on the other hand, is perfect!

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, the famous Colorata Fossil Fishes set! What an absolute masterpiece. A bit sad that I did not get the Mekong Catfish with this version, but I will look to acquire it elsewhere. Anyway, no need to dwell on that, because this set is full of absolute stars.
1. Asian Arowana (Scleropages formosus) - This is the blue morph, and I may look for other morphs, but this is a wonderful start.
2. Indonesian Coelacanth (Latimeria menadoensis) - This is my least favorite figure of the set, as it is a bit see through and leaves a bit to be desired on paint job, but it's okay! It will do for now, as most Coelacanth figures by other japanese companies can go for a lot.
3. Arapaima or Pirarucu (Arapaima gigas) - This is tied for my favorite figure of the set, but it is by far my favorite species, as it is one that is near and dear to me from my childhood growing up at my local zoo and being consistently amazed by these fish. Colorata did an excellent job.
4. Saddled Bichir (Polypterus endlicheri) - My figure has some paint issues, just slightly, but that's okay. The dynamic pose and excellent sculpt make up for it for sure.
5. Alligator Gar (Atractosteus spatula) - This is my other tie for favorite. Frankly, it's not a species I've ever cared much about, but the detail and paintwork on this figure is exquisite.
6. Chinese Sturgeon (Acipenser sinensis) - Another outstanding figure, no complaints here!
7. Queensland Lungfish (Neoceratodus forsteri) - I could complain that this figure doesn't have quite as detailed of a paint job as the others, but it's okay! The sculpt and overall quality makes up for it.

Overall, these fish are incredible and come highly recommended. I bought my set on Amazon for roughly $60.

And that's the end, for now! I have a few Taobao shipments on their way to my new home, so stay tuned!

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 4:45 am

Congrats on all the beautiful new additions! Papo and CollectA have some of the most detailed figures, I absolutely love them! I still need many of CollectA's hooved mammals, these photos are very helpful for me to decide which ones to get first! The CollectA musk ox would look so nice in the snow, and I love the Safari bighorn sheep, he's been on my wishlist for some time now Laughing

I'm glad you can get settled after a move, its so stressful having your stuff in different places, at least it has for me..

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 am

STUPENDOUS additions! They are all fantastic but the galago is superb (and the circumstances of discovery were so lucky!) and the fossil fishes are wonderful too. BIG congrats on all the beauties!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 am

Impressive comeback! Applause
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 9:47 am

A LOT of good things to watch. A special congratulation for the rare bush baby and the black crested macaque (can't remember why Laughing )
The Colorata set is a big Must Have and I wish you to find the older Mekong giant catfish.
The Yowie Northern Glider seems far better than I thought.
Thank you for hoods comparison pic, unfortunately thats' what I thought, the Mojo king cobra has an Indian cobra hood... Silly thing pale
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:18 am

What a wonderful selection of figures, wow! I really enjoyed looking through them all, and the comparison shots were interesting too.
I do like that CollectA Baird's tapir, I think the nicest I've seen and a pity they're replacing it with a much less appealing version!
Congratulations on that bush baby, isn't it amazing getting your hands on a model you thought you'd never have, especially in such unexpected circumstances!
And your repainted owl is a stunner, beautiful work.

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:23 am

George wrote:

I do like that CollectA Baird's tapir, I think the nicest I've seen and a pity they're replacing it with a much less appealing version!

They are not replacing it, the Malayan is just an addition to their line.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:32 am

Ahh, sorry, I mistook the meaning in one sentence of that post, then, "I am lucky to have gotten this model before the malayan version takes over" I took to mean once all the Baird's paintjob sell out and stockists re-order tapirs, they'll be getting Malayan colours instead. Glad to know the old one's not going away.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 11:00 am

So many additions to enjoy and I wish you all the luck to your move.
When the Yowies fennec is better than the Safari, it is one more confirmation that Safari's fennec was a completely failed project. I have them all and eikoh is even better.
We have better alligators now but for a long time, the old Safari was the best and it is still a respectable figure. King vulture is just a magnificent model.
It is a joy to see Safari polar bear getting atention from another collector, it is a fantastic model and I feel it is somehow despised.
Thanks for remembering me that I still need the S&N Australian magpie.
Two Mojö animals, two figures closely connected with forum members. Tapir is a sculpt by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], best known as Anna Dobrowolska and the macaque is a project that Mojö Fun developed in close connection with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], best known as Crazy French Macaque. Laughing
You give the best description possible for your caracal when you say: "This is a chap mei model." Laughing
Galago is a fantastic find and the way you display it is just perfect. monkey
I don't use normally the word jealeous but you have the Safari Tennessee Aquarium mudpuppy! Shocked How much I wished to have one.
I should get also the Backyard Birds TOOB, sometimes it is not easy to take collecting decision.
I hope you find more time to show again your additions, it was a beautiful journey to follow these two additions parts.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 am

It looks we have a similar taste. Many many must haves you got :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm

Roger wrote:
So many additions to enjoy and I wish you all the luck to your move.
When the Yowies fennec is better than the Safari, it is one more confirmation that Safari's fennec was a completely failed project. I have them all and eikoh is even better.
We have better alligators now but for a long time, the old Safari was the best and it is still a respectable figure. King vulture is just a magnificent model.
It is a joy to see Safari polar bear getting atention from another collector, it is a fantastic model and I feel it is somehow despised.
Thanks for remembering me that I still need the S&N Australian magpie.
Two Mojö animals, two figures closely connected with forum members. Tapir is a sculpt by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], best known as Anna Dobrowolska and the macaque is a project that Mojö Fun developed in close connection with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], best known as Crazy French Macaque. Laughing
You give the best description possible for your caracal when you say: "This is a chap mei model." Laughing
Galago is a fantastic find and the way you display it is just perfect. monkey
I don't use normally the word jealeous but you have the Safari Tennessee Aquarium mudpuppy! Shocked How much I wished to have one.
I should get also the Backyard Birds TOOB, sometimes it is not easy to take collecting decision.
I hope you find more time to show again your additions, it was a beautiful journey to follow these two additions parts.

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments! The mudpuppy was another very lucky flea market find from a few years ago, just $1!! Unfortunately the paint in some places is rather chipped, but aside from that, I am very happy to have that figure. It’s too large for my general collection though! I may have a photo somewhere on hand
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 5:58 pm

George wrote:
Ahh, sorry, I mistook the meaning in one sentence of that post, then, "I am lucky to have gotten this model before the malayan version takes over" I took to mean once all the Baird's paintjob sell out and stockists re-order tapirs, they'll be getting Malayan colours instead. Glad to know the old one's not going away.

I apologize, I was also under the impression that the Malayan tapir was replacing the Baird’s. Good to know that this is not the case!
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 6:07 pm

I found some old photos of the mudpuppy I apologize for the low quality and no set up Razz

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

endogenylove's new arrivals!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next