Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

endogenylove's new arrivals!

Go down 
+14
Tiermann
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
Pardofelis
costicuba
Caracal
Roger
Taos
widukind
Advicot
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
landrover
endogenylove
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am

Fantastic choices- they are beautiful models! drunken
I love the Black-Backed Jackal- many wonderful additions to your collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Beautiful and useful pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 7:32 pm

Waiting on some interesting new additions- a Kaiyodo small mammals lot and the full Kaiyodo Deep Sea Odyssey Set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (I got both from the same seller for under $50 combined with shipping!!)

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Well, international shipping delays have meant that the aforementioned Japanese models have yet to arrive at my house. In the meantime, I have some other additions to show off for the month of February. Nothing particularly special or unusual, but just some figures that I have been missing. I apologize for the setting, I did not have access to my ususal black set up for this photo shoot, so the lighting and angles are all off.

Starting off with Artiodactyla:
1. Guar (Bos gaurus) - Mojo Fun - The beauty of this figure can not be understated. It really is as nice as all of the reviews on here state :)
2. Greater Kudu (Tragelaphus strepsiceros)
3. Alpaca (Vicugna pacos) - Another wonderfully detailed and beautiful figure, this model replaces a Schleich figure in my collection.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the mojo Guar with the Papo B. mutus:

Here is the papo Kudu with the Safari T. imberbus. The papo is a bit too dark in color in my opinion, while the safari is a bit too light. The sculpts on both models are incredible though. Unlike many of you, the large size of the Papo does not bother me at all Wink

Here is the papo Alpaca with the Schleich that formerly held it's place. I think that there is no question over which model is better. The fur texture on the Papo is so much more lifelike and realistic than the ugly grain on the Schleich. However, I do like the fact that Schleich chose to make an animal that was not solid-colored.

Next up, some canids. I realized after taking the picture that I'd already shown the jackal, so just take it's inclusion as a comparison Wink
1. Dingo (Canis lupus dingo) - Southlands Replicas - One of the two last Southlands figures I purchased. Unfortunately my figure is top heavy and I have had to prop a small rock under it's foot to have it stand up for this picture Sad
2. Golden Jackal (Canis aureus) - Papo - I like this model. I know it has been a hot point of debate on the forum, but the eyes on mine are not overly obtrusive, and despite the fact that the bland paint job leaves a bit to be desired, I think that the model has a certain charm that I can not deny.

Next up, Marsupials, including my first Science and Nature:
1. Thylacine (Thylacinus cynocephalus) - CollectA - I am a firm believer in the continued existence of the thylacine Wink
2. Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo (Dendrolagus lumholtzi) - The last of the Southlands replicas figures I purchased. Although I still lack the koala, platypus, thylacine, and Tasmanian devil, I am satisfied with other representations of them. I still crave the beautiful Red Kangaroo male, but he is out of stock everywhere I look.
3. Greater Bilby (Macrotis lagotis) - Science and Nature - Think of this purchase as a proof-of-concept for this brand. I like it, and will be getting more. I wish it was more detailed and less "cute", but the uniqueness of the species makes it worthwhile.
4. Peremelemorphia spp. - I ordered this figure from aliexpress as the Eastern Barred Bandicoot was out of stock on Minizoo. However, this figure is obviously an off brand fake. It was cheap, so I am not overly peturbed, but still a disappointment. For now I will keep it, I was thinking with this rather drab painting it could represent a Long-nosed Bandicoot (Peremeles nausata)? Let me know your thoughts!

Here is the southlands kangaroo with the Safari D. matschei:

And here is the CollectA thylacine with my only other marsupial carnivore, the southlands Tiger quoll (Dasyurus maculatus):

And one more mammal addition before I move on, the Papo Black and White Ruffed Lemur (Varecia variegata):

Now, for the non-mammals:
1. King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) - Mojo Fun
2. Long Eared Owl (Asio otus) - Safari LTD - I purchased this figure mostly for it's convenience over the Kaiyodo figure. The colors are a bit too much for me though, so I may purchase the kaiyodo down the line, but it is not a priority.
3. Domestic Turkey, Bronze Breed (Meleagris gallopavo domesticus) - My favorite figure of the entire batch, such a work of art. Unfortunately, my figure leans backwards and sits on it's tail instead of the (free standing!!) legs. I will give it a hot water bath to hopefully fix this issue.
4. Kagu (Rhynochetos jubatus) - Yowie USA
5. 'I'iwi (Drepanis coccinea) - Yowie USA
6. Golden Mantella (Mantella aurantiaca) - Yowie USA - This is a fine figure, but the bright red color disturbs me a bit. I know the frogs can sometimes be this color, but it is atypical. If an opportunity to purchase the Yujin figure ever presents itself, I will take it, but this is an okay representative for now.

Here is the long eared owl with two other Safari owls, Bubo virginianus and a repainted Tyto alba.

Here is the mojo King Cobra with a true cobra, the Papo Indian Cobra (Naja naja).

And here is a direct comparison between the CollectA turkey and the Schleich turkey:

And that is all for now! Hopefully my Japanese packages can get through shipping soon to share with you all. Thanks for reading!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm

Great additions, mostly must haves again

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:10 pm

So many wonderful additions, you have picked some excellent choices! cheers cheers
I loved scrolling through all these photos of beautiful animals- the Papo Alpaca especially, wow this model is stunning! Shocked The texture of the fur, I can almost feel that wooliness, when Papo do a model really well they do it to perfection! cheers cheers
And the row of canines, I loved this photo! Very Happy The Papo Jackal is wonderful, and the Southlands Dingo gorgeous too, it's a shame he had to be propped up!
I can imagine how happy you must feel to have all these animals now in your collection, there is nothing more fun than introducing new models to the others! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Lovely batch!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 6:21 pm

Excellent additions Very Happy

Please could you show pics of the Mojo king cobra hood ?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Many interesting species and useful pictures! cheers cheers thanks for sharing! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 7:48 pm

I really love all your additions. Most were or are part of my collection too. Before Southlands, these lovely Science and Nature models were a kind of fresh air in this hobby once Australian animal figures were really rare. I got most of them, the small ones, despite their cuteness and simplicity. They were unexpensive and most of these species we were not expecting to see other renditions. Brands like Southlands are rare and it is a stroke of luck to these that collected during the availability of their models. I am also curious to see if Mojo got the king cobra markings correctly and I like it together with the Papo Indian cobra, you couldn't provide me a better comparison picture once I have and love the French model.
Turkeys comparison is also very eloquent but extremly cruel to the Schleich model. Sometimes I even think it is not a turkey. It is impressive the amount of detail the sculptor of its counterpart devoted to that figure. I must get it.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 8:03 pm

Despite this quality gap between both turkeys, I actually think they fit greatly together with the Schleich as a younger male. Even though it does not make a perfect juvenile because of the tail's shape, it still can work nicely in my opinion.

Thank you for those useful comparison pics, I now know I made a good choice by skipping the Safari Matschie.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: endogenylove's new arrivals!   endogenylove's new arrivals! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

endogenylove's new arrivals!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: General additions-
Jump to: