Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 What are really rare Major brand figures?

Go down 
+5
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Tiermann
SUSANNE
widukind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 37931

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 10:04 am

You know i prefer species and so i dont have so much Major brand figures. For me it is also not important if that is a rare figur or not. I prefer more smaller brands.
I also only collect wildlife.

But sometimes you can find here older Major brand figures. So my question, what are really rare figures (like Schleich WWF) ?

Especially for Schleich? The most "rare" old figures are not hard to find on ebay.de, but are there really rare figures?

I know old Bullyland is hard to find, especially the good figures.

Many thanks

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 68
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 36788

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 10:23 am

I know from my home page that the "medium-old" Schleich forest animals are hard for people to find : Roe deer family, badgers, mountain goat, chamoix, pheasant etc . The ones from the 2000 s .

There are many people here asking on my home page if I want to sell.
And they are very beautyful, I agree Wink

Then ( also Schleich) the black poodle, brown/white boxer, brown/white St. Bernard, and the "super-beagle".

The larger Künsterlerpferde ( Artist's horses), esp the rearing one, and the super-pinto, and the heavy horse with mane sticking up, and the first Arabian foal.




_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 37931

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 10:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I know from my home page that the "medium-old" Schleich forest animals are hard for people to find : Roe deer family, badgers, mountain goat, chamoix, pheasant etc . The ones from the  2000 s .

There are many people here asking on my home page if I want to sell.
And they are very beautyful, I agree Wink

Then ( also Schleich) the black poodle, brown/white boxer, brown/white St. Bernard, and the "super-beagle".

The larger Künsterlerpferde ( Artist's horses), esp the rearing one, and the super-pinto, and the heavy horse with mane sticking up, and the first Arabian foal.




Thank you

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA
Age : 54
Joined : 2012-01-03
Posts : 1270

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 7:18 pm

I have a black colt that is rare - 13103 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also the old exclusives like the brown pelican [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Things can change, the old Kudu used to be very in demand but they came out with a better one more recently and demand for the old one dropped to just completists.

I am pretty sure the old housecats series and the tropical fish series are also still in high demand for Schleich. That's the only brand I know really well.

_________________
Tim  :)
ToyAnimal.info - The Toy Animal Collecting Wiki
Animoblog
Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Universe 11
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-11-11
Posts : 1175

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 9:44 pm

For Papo: The grey colored giant orc.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States
Age : 21
Joined : 2020-04-20
Posts : 193

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 7:41 am

The Safari LTD opossum with babies, mountain goat, desert bighorn sheep, Malayan tapir, brown pelican, and most of the Carnegie collection (I believe) are very rare figures :)

_________________
Always looking for new species
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT
Age : 49
Joined : 2010-04-12
Posts : 3837

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 11:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Safari LTD opossum with babies, mountain goat, desert bighorn sheep, Malayan tapir, brown pelican, and most of the Carnegie collection (I believe) are very rare figures :)

Ha! When I started building my Synoptic Collection, these (not including the Carnegie, since I don't collect those) were the hardest for me. I eventually found the opossum, mountain goat, and bighorn sheep with frequent (nearly weekly) eBay searches. Still need the brown pelican, and thanks to Roger, I have a different, but equally nice, Malayan tapir (Papo).

Asking about rarity in major brands is a loaded question, and can vary based on where you are (for example on eBay, Safari might be less rare in the US than in Europe, whereas Bullyland is nearly impossible to find here in the US).

Other 'rare' Safari figures are any Incredible Creatures from the 1990s (gila monster, horned frog, other various reptiles and amphibians, plus the Marsh Education fish collection).
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-10-03
Posts : 4370

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 11:20 am

I think this is one of my rarest Schleichs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT
Age : 49
Joined : 2010-04-12
Posts : 3837

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 11:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Safari LTD opossum with babies, mountain goat, desert bighorn sheep, Malayan tapir, brown pelican, and most of the Carnegie collection (I believe) are very rare figures :)

Ha! When I started building my Synoptic Collection, these (not including the Carnegie, since I don't collect those) were the hardest for me. I eventually found the opossum, mountain goat, and bighorn sheep with frequent (nearly weekly) eBay searches. Still need the brown pelican, and thanks to Roger, I have a different, but equally nice, Malayan tapir (Papo).

Asking about rarity in major brands is a loaded question, and can vary based on where you are (for example on eBay, Safari might be less rare in the US than in Europe, whereas Bullyland is nearly impossible to find here in the US).

Other 'rare' Safari figures are any Incredible Creatures from the 1990s (gila monster, horned frog, other various reptiles and amphibians, plus the Marsh Education fish collection).

Nevermind...just went to eBay and scored the brown pelican! lol!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 37931

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Thanks all

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK
Age : 16
Joined : 2020-10-14
Posts : 4142

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 5:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think this is one of my rarest Schleichs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A very interesting topic- thank you! cheers cheers
And wow Taylor you have the Beagle!! cheers Applause Shocked Very Happy I love you
What a wonderful beauty, and I am so glad it is in the safe hands of your collection! cheers I would love to know how/where you found this rarity, I know that this model goes for very high prices! pale
Just amazing that you have him though, such a special model! sunny

Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Moderator
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA
Age : 25
Joined : 2012-06-15
Posts : 8000

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 12:58 pm

As said above I think theres a lot of factors that play into rarity and it depends on the consumers. Region, age, production rates of the model etc.

For US buyers Bullyland anything is hard to find unless you have a friend willing to help. Old Schleich is the same, though the market isn't quite as insane as it once was. CollectA for me isn't "rare" per say but usually more expensive to get. 

Schleich golden age models are usually harder to locate, cape buffalo, the oldest otter, cobra, old smaller scale dinosaurs are what I have had trouble finding. Old Safari get pricey too, I have been looking for their rattlesnake for years and have had no luck even seeing one, I have seen their oldest line of horses go for a lot of money. The Barb horse and Lusitano used to be a small fortune but I have seen reasonable, some even cheap, prices lately. Not sure if the market for those has dropped off or if the sellers didn't realize what they had.

_________________
-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
What are really rare Major brand figures?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: