Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions

Go down 
+17
Pardofelis
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
landrover
costicuba
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Caracal
Taos
pipsxlch
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Tiermann
widukind
Gecko08
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Today’s dinosaur is the massive Barosaurus lentus. The current and only barosaurus I have is a figure made by lontic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Barosaurus lived during the late Jurassic of North America. It is know by a few partial skeletons. Barosaurus is 88 feet long and it weighed 12 tons. It is known for an extremely long neck, but a proportionally shorter tail than that of diplodocus. I mention Diplodocus because they are in the same family. Some have theorized from a few partial bones that it was bigger than Argentinosaurus, but since the bones they are referencing were only partial, we can’t declare Barosaurus to be the bigger of the two because of the lack of evidence.
This figure is 1:125 scale based off the 88 foot measurements, meaning I have no human figure that is appropriately scaled, but I do have a few miniature dinosaurs of similar scale. I used the Tarbosarus from Kaiyodo and the Sachania mini from Schliech. But both of those never encountered Barosaurus.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Very Happy Interesting! a species I didn't know.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 12:07 pm

I am always finding wonderful models in this topic. The sea scorpion is really cool. For a Christmas picture, everything that looks like a crocodylian works nicely. About the Lontic figure you’re asking for an identification I can’t be of help but aren’t Loontic figures marked with the animal name?

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Wonderful dinosaur- it looks very big! Shocked And I'm learning all the time as I'm afraid my dinosaur knowledge isn't amazing- so thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 6:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] not this one. This may be part of a Kid Galaxy pack of dinosaurs like this one. I have the stegosaurus and the ceratopsians, with the T. rex waiting for Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 6:57 pm

Also here is my entire Dinocarid collection. You can read more about dinocarids here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But here is my collection
Ascending order: Opabinia regalis (Favorite Co & ROM), Anomalocaris canadensis (Favorite Co), Peytoia nathorsti (ROM), Anomalocaris unknown species (Safari Ltd)
I said unknown species for the safari Anomalocaris because there was no indication on which species it was (Favorite Co specified that their figure was based off A. canadensis).

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Very unusual collection! cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 8:05 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Now for today’s creature. Today’s creature is a very interesting prehistoric shark: Edestus giganteus
Edestus giganteus is a prehistoric shark that lived from the Late Devonian period to the Early Carboniferous period. There are several different species, but Edestus giganteus is the largest, reaching 20 feet in length and weighting 2 tons. This creature is as long as a great white shark, and it weighed twice as much. Edestus means “to devour” as a reference to the creature’s weirdest feature. This shark grew its teeth in curved brackets facing outwards. This shark did not shed its teeth when they were worn like modern day sharks.
This figure was made by safari Ltd in the prehistoric sharks toob and is about 4 inches, making it 1:60 scale.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 am

I have GOT to get that Tarbosaurus set lol.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Today’s creature is the Megarachne servinei.
Megarachne lived in the Late Carboniferous of Brazil. It was 21 inches long. Megarachne was a eurypterid, but when it was once thought to be a giant spider (hence the appearance of the figure). This figure is from the Character Options Primeval series. It is rather annoying that I don’t have another species to classify this creature as. Megarachne appeared in spider form in the second episode of Walking with Monsters. Megarachne was known as a spider until late in production, so they reclassified it as a “Mesothelae spider”. This figure is 2.5 inches long, making it 1:8 scale.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Your collection is really interesting! Very Happy

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 12:06 am

Here is an update on my Favorite co Cambrian diorama. I had the safari Ltd Charniodiscus concentricus in my Cambrian diorama as a stand in for Thaumaptilon walcotti. But a few weeks ago I purchased an aquarium decoration from Petsmart that resembles Charniodiscus. I decided to remove the safari Charniodiscus and save it for an Ediacaran themed diorama (if I find enough Ediacaran figures). Instead, I placed the orange aquarium decoration as my new stand in for Thaumaptilon.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 8:37 am

Wonderful feathers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 1:52 pm

So much variety in your collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Today’s creature is the Schleich Dinogorgon.
Dinogorgon rubidgei was a gorgonopsid that lived in the Late Permian of Africa. It was 6.6 feet long. Its name means “terrible gorgon”. It was one of the smaller members of the rubidgeinae subfamily. The gorgonopsids were one of the first animals to have saber teeth.
This Dinogorgon figure is 1:15 scale, putting it close to the 1:18 Mattel humans.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 4:15 pm

I have this figure- it's wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 pm

I am searching for a Haikouicthys toy. I showed my substitute on my favorite figures thread, but as one member point out, it looks nothing like the real thing. In hindsight, the toy collecting community deserved a Haikouicthys in the safari Ltd Cambrian toob.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 pm

Today is the last day in my advent calendar. It was very fun showing you all these dinosaurs. Merry Christmas my friends. Today’s creature is quite the rare piece: the Safari Ltd Scutosaurus karpinskii.
Scutosaurus karpinskii was a Pareiasaur that lived in Russia during the Late Permian. Scutosaurus was 11 feet long and weighed half a ton. It was a docile herbivore and a possible ancestor to turtles and tortoises. Scutosaurus means “shield lizard”.
The Safari Ltd Scutosaurus is a very rare piece. When I got it in the mail many years ago, I was surprised at how small it was. I always thought to could be bigger. But this figure is actually around 1:40 scale, so it works with the Schleich mini human.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 6:03 pm

What a fantastic way to finish your callendar! Merry Christmas to you too, Haidn! santa

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Thank you roger! Expect many many many Christmas posts. I have reason to believe that I will be getting more dinosaurs than usual this year......

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 7:12 pm

I have quietly been enjoying your daily December advent, and you finished with a beautiful and charming looking beast.

Merry Christmas! santa

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 7:32 pm

Thank you. santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa  arrow arrow arrow Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile also I messaged Patrick May of the Paleocasts Etsy shop (he does custom orders) and requested him to make a Haikouicthys figure. He hasn’t responded yet, but he may respond soon.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 4:16 am

Congratulations! I've been looking for the Scutosaurus for awhile. I've seen it and, like you, was surprised at the small size.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 11:21 am

Guys. The claus came.
I don’t know why he stacked those dinosaurs so high. But I’m glad to final have them. Pictures will be coming soon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next