Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions

Go down 
+17
Pardofelis
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
landrover
costicuba
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Caracal
Taos
pipsxlch
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Tiermann
widukind
Gecko08
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 12:00 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 6:40 pm

The Hasbro 2015 Jurassic World collection (despite all its downsides) is very important to me. But one thing that I just noticed was that the artwork on the blind bags was never used in any of the promotional images for the movie.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So I have been wondering where did they get the bling bag artwork? Also I’m pretty sure that’s an Allosaurus running under the tyrannosaur and beside the raptor.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 2:26 am

So here is my entire primeval collection. Primeval was a bbc series that was centered over professor Nick Cutter and his research team who discovered rifts in time called anomalies that allowed extinct species to cross over into the present day. I got the Creature Incursion Playset off Amazon many years ago. This was a large set with 3 humans from the show and many creatures. Let’s start off with the humans.
(Left to right) Stephen Hart (Cutter’s lab technician), Tom Ryan (military captain), and Helen Cutter (she is Nick’s wife and first discovered the anomalies and then disappeared into the past for 8 years.
This is the anomaly. Now the creatures in this set are centered off the first season of the show (6 episodes)
Carboniferous Spider (second episode)
Hesperornis (third episode. It also appeared with a rather crocodilian looking mosasaur)
Dodo (fourth episode)
Anurognathus (fifth episode)
Now the set also contained a parasite seen in the fourth episode with the Dodos, but I was very little when I first got the set and the parasite is a very small figure and I’m pretty sure i lost it years ago. But if I find it, that would make quite a post. Also I am constantly looking for more creatures from the primeval set, but they are hard to find, and most of them are from the UK (meaning high shipping cost). But I’m certain i will find some eventually.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 2:46 am

I have the same (non human and anomaly) figures you do! I may have a spare parasite also, my collection one is packed away somewhere. I'd like to find the raptors and wind scorpion. Edit Haydn I found the spare parasite

Really too bad they didn't make the gorgonopsid, terror birds, and scutosaurs. I'd love those.
I do have 2 humans (Dr. Cutter and Abby Maitland) but I'll be selling them when I get around to it.  Got them to get the coelurosauravus 'Rex' figure.

I got almost all of mine via the help of a UK Forum member. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Great info. I might be interested in the Cutter and Abby figures, as I have been trying to assemble the team. And the parasite would be great. How much do you want to sell them for?

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Unfortunately the Series 3 creatures were never made into action figures (I would have only gotten the Danny, Sarah, and Becker figures from the human line). One thing I have noticed is that the primeval line tended to stay away from the large creatures (like how they didn’t make a gorgonopsid, Scutosaurus, or Mosasaurus). But in season 2 they made the medium sized creatures (like the raptor, Smilodon, and Mer Creature) that were bigger than the small creatures from the first series. They wouldn’t have touched the mammoth with a 10 foot pole, but they could have made the fog worms from the second episode of the second series. That would’ve been interesting.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 8:26 pm

lol!  lol! Today I got the Mattel Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Dino Escape Danger Pack. Mouthful.
The human in the set is Kenji Kon, one of the kids from Camp Cretaceous. He is a rich kid who’s parents own several condos on Isla Nublar. He comes with a gyro sphere.
But the dinosaur in the set is no other than the Scorpios (or Scorpius) rex.
The Scorpios rex is around 20-26 feet into length, and it was the first hybrid made by Wu, coming before the Indominus Rex. It was extremely aggressive and was ordered to be destroyed by Simon Masrani, but Wu didn’t listen to him. After Wu himself was attacked by the Scorpios rex, Wu and his lab assistants froze in in a chamber. After Kenji short circuited the chamber  Laughing  Laughing the Scorpios rex was released to wreak havoc on the island, killing dinosaur after dinosaur. The figure looks strange to me with its mouth open, but unnatural was probably what Mattel was aiming for.
Hmmm….. A hybrid dinosaur attacking a gyro sphere with a kid inside of it… I don’t remember this scene from the show, but it seems oddly familiar.
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Who do you think would win? My bets are on the Indoraptor because the Indoraptor is smarter.
ROAR!!!
Both: WHAT WAS THAT…….
Both: AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 10:29 am

Wonderful new models and great story, that other dinosaur must be huge! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 5:22 pm

I just wondered something. Can hybrid dinosaurs be put on toy animal wiki?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 8:54 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
I just wondered something. Can hybrid dinosaurs be put on toy animal wiki?

Alternative lines are acceptable even if not prioritairy. However, it is recommended that these kind of lines have dedicated editors.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 4:42 am

Hybrids and imaginary ones may still end up in the hands of people who don't know what they are and would like to know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 7:11 pm

Before any work on the hybrids is done for TAW, we should make sure that any extinct species in my collection that need to be added to TAW are added. Also this is quite a busy week for my dinosaurs.

Collecta Neovenator salerii
Neovenator lived in England (Isle of Wight) around the Barremian epoch of the early Cretaceous (130 mya).
It weighed one ton and was a top predator in its environment, preying on sauropods and Ankylosaurs. And there is a scene in Dinosaur Britain where it hunts a Mantellisaurus. It was a slender dinosaur. Neovenator means “new hunter” because it was part of the Neovenatorid family (which was a new family in the early Cretaceous). That family includes the Chiliantaisaurus of China and the Siats of North America.
This figure is around 1:40 scale.
Here is a Barremian Europe assemblage (right to left)
Neovenator salerri (Collecta), Iguanodon bernistartensiss (Toyway WWD), Baryonyx walkeri (Safari)
To be fair, the Baryonyx in all actuality wasn’t much larger than the Neovenator, just that the Baryonyx is 1:30 and the Neovenator is 1:40.
Neovenatoridae Family Photo! (This wasn’t meant to showcase size, just point out similarities in a family of dinosaurs)
Siats meekerorum (Mattel, 39 feet, 1:30 scale), Chiliantaisaurus (Vitae, 36-43 feet, 1:50 scale), Neovenator (Collecta, 23 feet, 1:40 scale) Until I get the Geoworld Megaraptor (unless somebody else makes one), that is the entire Neovenatorid family’s representation in my collection.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 8:12 pm

Beautiful Neovenator, it is in my list now. cheers

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 7:42 am

I was on the fence with this Neovenator but your in hand photos really convinced me to get one, I really like those throat spikes.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Okay people this isn’t my usual post, but I wanted quick help so I posted on my most popular topic.
My Leopard Gecko has been biting his tail today. After I learned it might be stuck shed, I tried to treat the shed and I got some of it off, but he kept biting his tail, and the strangest thing was that he was rarely biting where the small pieces of shed actually were. Before he did a bite, I saw the end of his tail wiggle, which is a behavior that I saw when my other Leopard Gecko Gizmo was attacking food, so he might be mistaking his tail for food. Any help?

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 9:42 pm

UPDATE: frank stopped biting his tail.
Also I would like to thank [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for sending me the Primeval Figures.
Abby Mailtland and Nick Cutter
Hesperornis and Anurognathus
And the Parasite from Season 1 Episode 4. This parasite lived in the dodos.
Hello there.
Ryan:…..
Stephen: WHAT IS THAT?
Abby: AAAAAAA
Cutter: Connor, what era is it from? Connor?!

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 4:03 am

Glad I could help and that they arrived safely! They look much happier with you.
Poor Connor was the lunch guest...
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 3:10 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Glad I could help and that they arrived safely! They look much happier with you.
Poor Connor was the lunch guest...
Hopefully he just got stuck in traffic.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 5:16 am

Ok so frank is currently undergoing antibiotic treatment for his tail injury, and it’s hard to say where things will go until the treatment is finished. I’m just hoping for the best and keeping the doctor posted on what’s going on.

Here is my primeval wishlist just to put it out there:
Primeval Character Options wishlist:
Raptor
Smilodon
Mer Creature
Scorpion
Coelurosauravus

Humans:
Claudia
Lester
Connor
Jenny

And I’m not too big a fan of the outrageous shipping prices on eBay.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 3:37 am

This is just a speculation post using what I know from the previous primeval series 1 and 2 toy lines and this photo of the unreleased series 3 first lineup.
These are the unreleased series 3 primeval toys. If these were released, I know I would have tried to get Danny Quinn (top left), Sarah Page (middle left), Captain Becker (middle right), and the Future Fungus (bottom right). Since Characters options tended to stay away from the large creatures in series 1 and 2, I decided to speculate on which creatures they would have made had they were allowed to progress this line. This is all speculation, none of the figures in the picture were released. I have no idea whether or not these creatures would be made into toys, this is just my best speculation.
3.1: Pristichampsus was a maybe. If they were going to made, it would have probably been the largest creature in the entire series made into a toy. Maybe.
3.2 Camo Beast: they were probably going to make this creature into a figure if they had been allowed to keep making primeval toys.
3.3 Diictodon would have been made into a small figure like the series 1 giant spiders or rex.
They definitely wouldn’t have made the Giganotosaurus because it was too large, and we already know they were going to release a future fungus.
3.6 they were probably going to release a Terror Bird (like the Smilodon or Raptor from series 2)
3.7 Dracorex was one of the creatures that would have probably made the line.
3.8 The Megopteran would have made the line and maybe the maggot creature too. They would have also made their own Series 3 Future Predator like they did for the past 2 series.
3.9 I don’t think embolotherium wouldn’t have made the line because it was too big.
3.10 I think they would have made the Australopithecus into a poseable figure.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 8:07 pm

Today the miniatures I ordered from Life: Evolution of Life on Earth series have arrived! Since it was just a test run, I ordered 6 from the Ediacaran. Also the centimeter length is the length of the creature, not the length of the figure.

Kimberella quadrata,
Australia
558-555 mya
15 cm (1:7 scale)
Mawsonites spriggi
Australia
558-555 mya
13 cm (1:4 scale)
Obamus coronatus
Australia
555 mya
2cm (2x life size)
Spriggina floundersi
Australia
555 mya
2 in (1:2 scale)
Here is Spriggina with its eventual descendant: the trilobite.
Fractofusus misrai
Canada
558-555 mya
8 in (1:8 scale)
Dickinsonia rex
Australia, India, China, Russia, Ukraine
558-555 mya
1 meter (1:35 scale)
Here is my entire Ediacaran collection (with the 1:10 Charniodiscus from Safari)
I will released group images based off scale once I paint them (don’t expect anything really good).

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 12:23 am

I wonder in which part of the galaxy was our planet when these creatures existed. Some models are a time machine and they generate the impression that our stay in this place is really too short.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 12:15 pm

Wow, these are really interesting models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Interestingly enough, while yesterday’s creatures were from the distant past, today’s creatures are of the Far future. Primeval’s Future Predator
The head sculpt is as creepy as the creature was in the show.
While Primeval often exaggerated certain features of the prehistoric beasts they showcased, the Future Predator (first appearing in Series 1, Episode 6) was the first ever fictional creature that the producers created for the show. Nobody knows how the future predators evolved or when, but in 1.6, the team speculated that future predators were evolved bats. They were around 6 feet long and incredibly dangerous, using echolocation to hone in on prey.
Here it is with an anomaly.
It scaled well with Character Option’s other 1:12 humans. Here it is with Nick Cutter.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 12:50 am

I have gotten a set of very interesting books from eBay and Amazon.

The first one being After Man: A Zoology of the Future by Douglas Dixon. In this book, he takes you 50 million years in the future, to an era long after man’s extinction where many weird and wild species of animals thrive and evolve. Here is my personal favorite: The Rabbon.
The Rabboon is directly descended from the Baboon and roams the African plains 50 million years in the future. It’s stance is much like that of a carnivorous dinosaur (more like tyrannosaur with the short arms). Of course they were much smaller than tyrannosaur itself, being 2.3 meters at the shoulder. The idea of Baboons evolving into a tyrannosaurus like creature is just very interesting to me, considering that tyrannosaurs also descended from small predators that weren’t at the top of the food chain.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url
This nightmarish beast is called the night stalker. It evolved from bats according to Dixon. The writers of Primeval said that this creature actually inspired the Future Predator!
Speaking of Primeval, I have collected all 4 of the primeval novels. Since I don’t want to give away too many details of the storyline, I’m just using the brief trailer text. Also there is a bit of mild swearing present in the novels.

Shadow of the Jaguar (Between 2.3 and 2.4 Before The Lost Island)
“A delirious backpacker crawls out of the dense Peruvian jungle muttering about the impossible things he has seen... A local ranger reports seeing extraordinary animal tracks and bones - fresh ones - that he cannot explain. Cutter and the team are plunged into the hostile environment of the Peruvian rainforest, where they endure a perilous journey leading them to something more terrifying than they could possible imagined...”
The Lost Island (between 2.3 and 2.4, After Shadow of the Jaguar)
“A trawler is torn to pieces by an enormous sea creature off the Irish coast. Meanwhile, Connor's anomaly detector goes off the charts: half a dozen rifts in time have appeared, all on one deserted - yet political contentious - island. While Lester struggles to hold on to his career as the story edges ever closer to the front page. Cutter and the team battle through a deadly storm to reach the island, only to find themselves fighting to survive amidst the terrifying creatures roaming the harsh landscape...”
Extinction Event (after series 2 finale, before series 3 finale) and yes there is a Tyrannosaur on the front cover
“When an Entelodont goes on the rampage down Oxford Street in London, causing untold damage and loss of life, Cutter decides a new approach to tackling the anomalies is needed. However, his investigations expose him and the team to a violent encounter with a mysterious Russian scientist and a situation more catastrophic and frightening than they've ever faced before. When Cutter, Abby and Connor disappeared without a trace, Lester and Jenny must use every trick in the book to track them down.”
Fire and Water (after 3.5, before 3.6) Danny Quinn is team leader.
“At a safari park in South Africa, rangers are inexplicably disappearing and strange creatures have been seen battling with wild animals. Danny and Lester fly in to investigate and are drawn into a dark and dangerous conspiracy which could have terrible consequences. Back in London, Connor Abby and Sarah have been left to cope on their own. As torrential rain pours down over the city, an enormous anomaly opens up in East London.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next