Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions

Go down 
+17
Pardofelis
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
landrover
costicuba
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Caracal
Taos
pipsxlch
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Tiermann
widukind
Gecko08
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 5:09 pm

This photo is from Sean bell, but I would like any information I can get about this little imaginext sea scorpion figure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 2:45 am

I have one I found in a thrift store bag. There's a little information about it in this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but not much, most from Sean.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 3:50 am

It is a nice figure. Could you provide some pictures of your Paleozoic sea scene because I am interested in seeing your paleozoic creatures. It would help me form a wish list.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 3:51 am

Also have a veryveryveryvery happy new year my friends!!!
Now we can be looking forward to a bright new year with many new dinosaur toys!
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball sunny sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 3:05 pm

Also my dinosaurs on my top shelf mostly fell down today. I am very very angry about this. I got them all back up and none of them were broken, but my third Cambrian diorama suffered a severe loss. None of the figure were broken, but the diorama scenery was completely blown away.
But I was considering not using diorama because of how much space they took up, so this was the last straw.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 9:25 pm

Fortunatly, it's not a mass extinction! :)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 3:16 am

They wouldn’t have walked away from that. Maybe swam would be more accurate.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 9:49 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 2:27 am

I've already packed and sent away some of my favorite figures, including most of my Paleozoic figures. I still have a couple out, but I doubt I have much you don't. Only things I can think of are some Aussie Lost Kingdom/Forgotten Friends Yowies, and some Pokemon I thought looked kinda sorta like creatures from that era. The Yowies are in the Wiki (that's how I found them), and the Pokemon I stumble across. I don't know that line, so I don't know what the names of my figures are or which others might work. Only other thing I can think of is an old new store stock set available at Dinosaur Store, it's magnets of an icthyosaur, urchin, and.... I don't remember. The urchin can be Paleozoic.
Edit it's an ammonite. The set was made by Geoworld around 2001.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Even though I will search far and wide for my dinosaurs, I haven’t found any Cadbury yowies yet (and it is an autocorrect nightmare trying to type “yowie” but that’s just in these messages). I have found some but they are very expensive and I’m looking for an inexpensive way to expand my ediacaran collection. Also I should be getting a Paleozoic shelf sometime soon.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 4:56 pm

For a long time I have wanted Jurassic Park 3 toys. But now I finally got them.
I was able to find a Brachiosaurus with a Velociraptor (and a lost world triceratops) in a Jurassic park eBay listing. I found the green T. rex separately.
I also took another trip to the flea market to expand my Lontic collection. It is typical of Lontic to retool and repaint previously made figures. Here they have repainted a Jurassic Park 3 T. rex toy.
I will be getting some more figures this month.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 7:12 pm

Also I finally figured out what carnosaur these Lontic figure was.
Roger said that Lontic figures have names written on them. When I was feeling around the jaw of the creature, I discovered some words. I’ll let you see for yourself
[/url][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now we know for sure that this is a carcharodontosaurus.
This figure is about 9 inches, making it 1:45 scale.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 7:15 pm

Very strange place to put its name

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 8:58 pm

I have to agree, but this gets even weirder. On the belly where the name was supposed to be written, I find that the name was covered up. But if you look closely, you might be able to see the phrase “Giganoto”
This tells us that the figure was originally a Giganotosaurus, but the toy maker scratched that out and wrote Carcharodontosaurus on the bottom jaw.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:02 pm

Very weird and interesting

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 2:45 am

So I have provided this topic with many dinosaur facts and I thought it would be cool to show you all behind the scenes. This is my usual reference book: The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs written by Gregory S. Paul. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Each page is packed fully of many species and useful articles.
This book is the perfect reference guide to most of the dinosaurs in my collection. The reason why I say “most” is the start of my only problem with the book. It’s not because non dinosaurs are omitted (after all, this is a dinosaur field guide so I expect there to be dinosaurs and just that). It’s the fact that several of the species in my collection (like Acheroraptor and Sinoceratops) were discovered during or after the book was written (it was released in 2010). This means these few species cannot be featured. I suppose this is just a product of a constantly changing scientific field.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 5:02 am

Congrats on the JP3 figures! I got the triceratops, brachiosaurus, t rex, and spinosaurus as a child. My favorite toys for some time! My batteries finally ran out on mine a few years ago so I took them out before they degraded and ruined the toys. Haven't gotten around to replacing them as each takes several to work but they really are still some of my favorite childhood toys. 

Excellent book too. Has there been any revised editions you know of? They might have the updated info you crave.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 am

Very very interesting posts- some fabulous dinosaurs, and a wonderful book! cheers cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

As it turns out they did produce a revised edition released in 2016. I will have to get it sometime this year.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 8:44 pm

Since I showed you my references book on dinosaurs, I thought it would be interesting to show you another book that just arrived in my collection. Dinosaurs Rediscovered by Michael Benton. This is a very up to date book, being released in 2020.
It even has an entry for Hyperodapedon.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Today I got a new addition to my toy collection. My posts on books can’t replace posts on dinosaurs in this topic. But this new Addition is a very welcome one.

The Collecta Hydrotherosaurus (water beast lizard).
This figure is about 1:65 scale. This figure represents Hydrotherosaurus Alexandrae, a plesiosaur from the Elasmosauridae family. It lived in California of the Late Cretaceous period (to be more precise 70-65 million years ago). Hydrotherosaurus was about 25 feet long.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Wonderful figure- after your amazing Christmas, how amazing to have another model for your collection! drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 7:31 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 9:39 pm

I’m glad to get new additions year round. I ordered a few creatures for Christmas, but they will arrive early this year. I also have some spring additions planned. I just preordered 4 Ediacaran creatures from this website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (but they won’t ship until April) I am very lucky that I was able to find room for an extra shelf coming soon.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 9:44 pm

Also I am working very hard on a book with all my prehistoric species.
Here is a sample to what I am producing with my Acheroraptor.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next