Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  Empty
PostSubject: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 4:25 pm

Many of these are just cheap figures found on occassion, usually just Chinamals or models on discount for cheap. I have experimented with remoulding before but chose not to for these first figures since I am not the best at it yet. So they might not be perfect examples, I am well aware, but I am happy with the results.

Up first is my larger white lipped Mountain Tapir. It is a China figure, it was powder blue and white, it is hollow. I wanted to give my small mountain tapir model a big friend so he wasn't so lonely. (Maybe a comparison shoot will come later)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gerenuk. Another chinamal, hollow, softish plastic.

This is another Lea custom like the the Ovcharkas. I was given the remoulded figure and I painted it. This was the New Ray Boston Terrier, given a longer tail and made into a female. I chose a chocolate coloration.

Onager. This is the second generation Schleich donkey jenny. They were discount for cheap and had some scuffs and marker on them from the toy store (grabbed a few). This is a young female in summer coat, maybe even a captive specimen to explain her primed appearance.

And my Kiang, same situation as above, likely a young jenny in summer coat.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:34 am; edited 45 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 4:49 pm

I like much your job with the onager. congratulations Applause Applause Applause

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 4:55 pm

very skilled pain jobs; a good use of 'chinamals' :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 5:12 pm

This is WONDERFUL cheers
If my mouth was big enough, I would smile up to my ears Very Happy

All of them a so great, - you have done a wonderful job Applause

I noticed especially the donkies, because I have one, which has smudged paintwork from the factury, and it irritates me whenever I see it.
Perhaps I should try to repaint her, - perhaps taking hints from you ? I know you don't mind Wink

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words! Though I just realized that I forgot the dorsal stripes for my wild asses... I will have to fix that soon.

Susanne, I have one donkey mare left with minor paint rubs, I can keep her for you if you'd like (PM me if you need photos). And of course I can give you some tips, though I declare now that I am far from an expert.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 11:47 pm

I have very much enjoyed your Ovcharka and these figures! Maybe one day I will have time to do repaints or experiment with altering molds. I've enjoyed the few repaints I've done, and you give me courage.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 7:14 am

Phantastic work

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 8:44 am

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Lovely repaints especially the donkeys and the tapir Applause Applause

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 4:48 pm

I love the way you do repaints, they don't look as realistic as some people do them and look like figures rather than real animals, the donkeys are gorgeous. Just asking could you find another one of these donkeys and repaint it as an onager for me?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Thank you everyone!

Kelly I would love to see more of your repaints in the future. Your boxer still sits on my shelf with his buddies. :)

Adam, I bought these models years ago when they were forst discontinued. But if I ever come up with another spare I will think of you. (My spare now has plans for a repaint someday, unless Susanne wants it as a replacement for her factory mishap model).

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Thank you :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Could it work on the most recent Schleich donkey? Or is it just too domestic donkey ish?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 5:50 pm

Thats not a call for me to make, its up to you.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 2:01 pm

You gave these replicas a second beautiful live! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 4:56 pm

I think the current Schleich donkey will do nicely as a kiang

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 9:55 pm

Bravo Paige, bravo ! Applause
Very nice and clean painted models, with beautiful, bright colours !
I realy like your idea of making the Schleich donkey to Onager and Kiang Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 11:44 pm

Thank you again caracal and costicuba! Perhaps they aren't hyper realistic like some more skilled artists work here, but I was satisfied with the results. Again, everyone's comments are encouraging!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 5:19 pm

Unfortunately I had to make do with my blue background rather than natural lighting and my beautiful summer grass...

I have wanted to this project for some time and just got around to it. Female Schleich zebra into a quagga mare. I don't ever claim to be an expert artist, merely proficient at painting. But with the challenge of stripes and lack of good taxidermy specimens to model coat variations Ithink I did just fine and I am happy with the result.

I chose a darker red coat to show variation with the lighter mojo coat.

The happy family.

And I had one donkey jenny left, what to do what to do... so I did this. Wink an African wild ass jenny, to go wity the collectA model I don't own yet. Rolling Eyes

I have the collectA model as a bootleg, playing at being a domestic donkey, hence why I needed a better size comparison (thank you Susanne for your help!)

And thus the trio is complete

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 5:36 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 5:38 pm

They are all beautiful, including your previous ones that I scrolled back through- you have such talent and I love the way you have given them new colours and transformed chinamals into beauties!! Applause cheers
And every single detail of the stripes- just gorgeous! drunken
I love the New Ray Boston Terrier especially, a wonderful colour and you have painted the fur so well- I can almost imagine that smooth short fur that they have! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 5:49 pm

Amazing! Fabulous skills :) It's curious to have the African wild ass painted as a domestic donkey and the domestic donkey painted as an African wild ass Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:30 pm

I like them very much! Donkeys and strips and quaggas and all. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:59 pm

Do I need to say I am smiling so much it almost hurts Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers

They are beautyful, charming, onderful, extremely well done ...and they are DONKEYS Applause Applause Applause

Paige , I am thoroughly impressed ! cheers drunken

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next