Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
What is a collector to do when the big brands ignore speciation in their ranges? I suppose we have to make our own! 

I am an amateur painter/artist but I got bitten by the bug again recently. I have about 15-20 projects in the pipeline that I will share as they finish. Here are the first few.

I am also rubbish and remembering to take "before" pics but I am going to try hard to remember this round. Here is my first batch (not all are finished yet). (These models either had flaws or are 3rd and 4th level duplicates I couldn't trade off or are "chinamals" quality. Now they have a new life. Very Happy)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First up is a salmon shark repainted from the Discovery Sharks set white shark.

This NewRay into a Dall sheep.

Very Happy Applause cheers sunny

And I joined the bandwagon on the lady ostrich hype. Rolling Eyes

Again I am far from being any good but I am happy with the results here.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:39 am

You are amazing at repainting, these models now look sooo much better! cheers cheers
You have given the shark such delicate, detailed markings- wonderful! Very Happy And the sheep!! The horns now look so realistic, with all the different shades of brown- you have changed it from a chinamal to something I'm sure any collector would just love to have in their collection! Very Happy And the soft, beautiful, blended colours of the the ostrich, this model has also become a beauty! Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 3:40 pm

that Dall sheep is particularly nice, they all are, but the sheep especially. Makes me long for a company to make one. Looks like a good choice for Safari's NAW line
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 4:45 pm

Thank you everyone! It surprises me that the Dall sheep is the most popular as it was the simplest to do. It is not flat white, I did add some shading to it that isn't appearing on the photos but it is all one coat color essentially, easy to do with no pattern. The horns I am proud of the shading. Thanks again everyone!

I will share 3 more tonight. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Ha, early upload as something has come up. 
Didn't get a before pic of this one but here it is on TAW.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Painted into a juvenile form (not infant) Chinese alligator.

A dwarf cave crocodile from the model in the blue group photo, Safari toob figure.

Over time the bat guano they crawl through acidifies their hide and begins to bleach it.

Made a military macaw friend for my old repaint. I will post them together soon. 

From the papo red belly piranha into a black piranha.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And lastly, the Safari coyote into a red wolf.
The crocodilians were difficult given their size and natural colors. Not my best work but again, it'll work for now. The rest I am quite proud of overall.  sunny

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Beautiful repaints once again, I love the Red Wolf- so many interesting colours in the coat, and so realistically painted! cheers sunny Applause
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 7:28 pm

Beautiful macaw.... Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 9:40 pm

So many wonderful repainted models. I think we need a Dall's sheep in this hobby. Wink

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 2:59 am

These are all very nice repaint Paige, well done ! Applause
I also like very much the choice of species you made . cheers

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Very, very good I love you cheers cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Wonderful repaints and great ideas! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 6:06 pm

Wonderful,wonderful repaints Applause Applause Applause

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 3:31 am

These are great! I didn't even know the salmon shark, this is such a good place for learning things.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 5:58 am

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate your comments. I am taking a small weekend break but should have some more models done this week to show. Very Happy Thanks again.

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 8:11 am

What a great way to add new species to your collection. Taking existing models, seeing their potential and painting them as unique species cheers great job on these too! Applause

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 10:17 pm

Thank you very much Anne-Joke.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 11:21 pm

These are all fantastic, can't get over the glow up for the macaw.
The crocodilians are also brilliant and the red wolf is so pretty.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 11:27 pm

Thank you so much!  sunny

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:37 am

A quick intermediary update. I found these models years ago and they lay either on their sides or propped up by friends. The last year they lived on my desk because I wanted to find a way to make new stands. All that time passed and now here they are. Made with aquarium gravel and glue and some decorative moss. My new mold system didn't work like the old one used to but... it got the job done in the end. New Ray rodeo horses, an unknown bucking bay horse, and New Ray pronghorn now can stand proudly.

And here are my recent customs with their relatives and friends. Wink

Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:26 am

These are so great. I didn't know female donkeys were called Jenny's. Also, I love how much better those cheap figures look with some good paint.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 10:05 am

A lot of love and dedication in your collecting hobby. Everything looks really beautiful! flower

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 11:00 am

Really clever how you made the first models now stand up, that's fantastic and it means they can really show off their lively poses!! cheers
And really interesting to see the comparisons- it just shows how beautiful they have now become! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 1:51 pm

The models looking stunning with their new bases! Applause Applause Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 6:29 pm

Yes, great bases for the horses and pronghorn. Did you repaint them too? They look great.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Thank you very much Loon, Roger, Bonnie, Taos, and Roger!

I did not repaint the models with bases, just made them new stands so they can live life upright. Wink Thanks again everyone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next