Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+22
Megaptera
jarda
Paleochris
George
Joliezac
rogerpgvg
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
lucky luke
costicuba
spacelab
endogenylove
Caracal
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Taos
bmathison1972
Advicot
landrover
Pardofelis
Tiermann
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Thank you, everyone cheers
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Thanks to Christmas I've got two newcomers. Because of its shape, I think that the CollectA White-tailed Deer could be a Key White-tailed Deer. And the other one is the Right Whale from Safari. It's such a astonishing model, but also very huge. Right Whales very difficult to distinguish. I only know, that the Atlantic one could be more bluish. So, the Maia&Borges one (from Roger:D) is in my case the Atlantic Right Whale and the one from Safari is my Pacific species. I'm still waiting for a Southern one sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Wonderful and so realistic- excellent newcomers! cheers Applause Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Congratulations for your Christmas presents. For those you like big ones, a whale is surely a good option. Laughing I have the Mojo and Schleich white-tailed deer bucks, I know the CollectA and Safari are better and I may get this one someday. Colors are just too contrasting, perhaps but the sculpt looks really good.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:39 pm

Two truely wonderful additions !!!! Congratulations cheers Applause santa

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:50 pm

The CollectA white-tail is definitely not a Key deer; those are quite small and a different color also. No, this looks like a typical nominate white-tail in winter coat (I saw a lot of these when I live in the southeastern US).

With regards to the right whale, color will not separate them. The nice thing about this figure is you can call it whatever you want for this reason. I made mine the Atlantic, because Safari is unlikely to get daring with species (unless they specifically state it as such) and the Atlantic species occurs off the coast of Florida where Safari is headquartered :-).
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Great additions, and I also acquired the right whale this Christmas, I'll show photos soon :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Beautiful additions I love you

The CollectA deer is awesome and I wish CollectA will make more deer species like an hog deer by example.
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 4:43 pm

Oh yes, living in an area where I see at least five whitetail every day, this is a typical whitetail in it’s winter coloring, and certainly not a key deer. The Safari buck, although a very different color, is also accurate, as they become quite light and bright in the summer. One could have both figures to represent different times of year.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 7:04 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 9:12 pm

Thank you very much, everyone Very Happy

Good to know about the deer. Is there a model, which represents a key deer? I've only knew that key deers are much smaller than other white-tailed ones. I didn't know that they have another colouration.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Nice christmas gifts :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 6:43 pm

I think your whitetail could pass as a key deer if you wanted it to. There is no real significant difference between "standard" whitetail across the contiguous states vs the island deer besides size and they don't usually get SO gray in the winter time since they are of a warmer climate. If you wanted it to pass as a key deer, then I'd say a key deer it is for you. Wink With that being said, I think it was intended to be a "standard" whitetail buck in winter coat, but to each their own. Very Happy Lovely additions, I have the Right whale and it is a truly wonderful model. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Thank you very much, Saarlooswolfhound cheers

Thanks to friend, I've got the Southlands Emu. The last Southlands model I needed for my collection Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 9:10 pm

Big congrats! Such a great model.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 pm

How amazing to now have them all! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 11:22 pm

Congratulations Michael! I suppose you are very satisfied with this model. At least I have it and I love it!

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 11:40 am

Great choice for your final Southlands figure

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 2:22 pm

Good catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 5:04 pm

Thank you, everyone cheers
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 4:46 pm

As I said, I want to show you at the end of the year2020 or at the beginning of 2021 my whole collection.
I here go with part 1:

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 pm

So many figures in your collection- and all of them are wonderful models! I love the Southlands dingo! cheers cheers drunken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 5:16 pm

Fabulous collection of animals - and cars-! I recognize a lot of figures that I have and others that I wish. But I don't recognize the beautiful pika that is screaming something to the mother giant panda.... I think this pika could be more or less in the adequate scale for my collection... Which brand is it please?

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Thank you very much, Bonnie Very Happy

Tomorrow, I will start the second part!
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 5:20 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Fabulous collection of animals - and cars-! I recognize a lot of figures that I have and others that I wish. But I don't recognize the beautiful pika that is screaming something to the mother giant panda.... I think this pika could be more or less in the adequate scale for my collection... Which brand is it please?

Thank you very much. cheers

The Pika is from Kaiyodo ChocoQ. I've got it from Sauroid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 8 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next