Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!

Go down 
+15
rogerpgvg
widukind
landrover
HKHollinstone
lucky luke
Taos
A-J
costicuba
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Bonnie
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:23 am

So sorry that this has taken so long- I've been a bit more busy recently!
But here is the Abruzzese Sheepdog, with puppy, and so far the adult is the biggest dog I have sculpted. I'm slightly confused as I did it in 1/12 scale but he came out much bigger than any Schleich 1/12 dog... scratch
This breed has so many other names, because there are many disagreements over what is classed as this breed and what is not, and some even consider this dog as non- existent, and instead the same as the Maremma Sheepdog. But after a lot of research, I would call it a breed in its own right. They have guarded flocks of sheep in Italy for as long as 2,000 years, originally from wolves and bears but now from stray dogs and human thieves.
Things got confusing when at one point there was a difference between the looks of the dogs from Abruzzi and those from the Maremma plains of Italy, so Italian canine experts brought them all under one cumbersome name to keep both regions happy: The Cane da Pastore Maremmano- Abruzesse (A breed now more commonly known as the Maremma Sheepdog)! Shocked Very Happy
However, some Italians remained loyal to their original Abruzesse, keeping its working ability which the emerging show lines did not have, and keeping its larger size- some weigh up to 100kg! And because they are still being bred for working ability, they have maintained their naturally aggressive nature crucial for a flock guard. It should also be noted that within this breed there are many subtypes, and although some consider them separate breeds in their own right, I think that slight differences in appearance make them more likely to be simply variations. There are quite a few so I won't list here, but if anyone is interested I could send a link to the complete list! Very Happy
So here is this powerful and majestic breed, at risk of dying out in favour of the smaller Maremma  Sheepdog. I think my main challenge here was covering it completely in paint, as without realising I had done some rather deep fur marks that were tricky to fill in!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]how to upload photos to the internet
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload my photo on internet
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:37 am

Something quite unusual and again a wonderful work.
Love the pose of the pupy too.
I know it is not easy to get right the scale of a model but I have no idea if your figures got too big or if it is Schleich models that are too small. However, only the older Schleich dogs are at 1:12 scale, all recent figures are much smaller.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:12 am

Oh it looks pyrenean Patou (maybe its head is a little more massive) and has exactly the same job to do!..  This job in France had quite disapeared but since the wolf comeback, Patous are now useful again, and like these abbruzeze dogs, can be dangerous for trekkers!..

Big congrats for the sculpting of this so interesting breed! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:28 am

Thank you so much Roger and Alain! Very Happy
Yes I'm not sure if mine are too big or Schleich's are too small- I definitely measured it all to be the right height so it's quite confusing! Laughing
And yes the Pyrenean Patou of course!Very Happy They look very similar and have the same job! Very Happy And how interesting they are now having a comeback in France- and of course- poor trekkers! Laughing I immediately think of the Papo Great Pyrenees from this year!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:43 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Thank you Andreas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Another fab pair of dogs Lillias, you really need to teach me how to make animals, as I made some animals last year but they didn't look very good.

If you don't mind could you try out other animals, and if it goes well, I'll send you some figures I'd like making Smile

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Thank you Adam! Very Happy I would love to teach you but I'm probably not the best teacher, as dogs are the only thing I seem to be able to do! Laughing
But then again I've never tried other animals... maybe I'll give it ago and see what happens! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Great model!!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 5:14 pm

They are gorgeous cheers

And again, a very rare breed , whic I had never heard of Very Happy

The pose of the puppy - like Roger said - is just cool Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:12 pm

Thank you so much Susanne and Taylor! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 7:01 am

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 11:19 am

Thank you Luke! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 2:01 am

They are lovely! You give them motion and life.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:43 am

Two sets of beautiful dogs! Well done.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 8:56 am

Thank you so much Kelly and Paige! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 am

I think you are very good at this Bonnie Applause Applause Very nice dogs indeed cheers cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 10:01 am

Thank you Ivar, I'm so glad you like them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 10:55 am

Lovely doggos! I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 10:57 am

Thank you so much Anna! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 2:28 pm

I just discovered your great talent Bonnie. Even if I don't collect dogs I will follow your work now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 2:55 pm

Oh thank you so much Christophe! Very Happy I'm planning on trying a few other animals and seeing how it goes, so there may be some others in the future! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Oh yes! Try some wild canids too please! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 8:39 pm

Caracal wrote:
Oh yes! Try some wild canids too please! Very Happy
Definitely, this is what I want to try next, as they aren't too different to dogs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Very Happy bounce

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next