Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!

Go down 
+15
rogerpgvg
widukind
landrover
HKHollinstone
lucky luke
Taos
A-J
costicuba
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Bonnie
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Thank you Taos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 4:31 pm

One very nice video of an veeeeery tallented sculptor.
It is on spanish, but we can learn a lot watching it Wink
Here it is :

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 5:45 pm

WOW! That is incredible! Shocked affraid !
When she put on those veins! Shocked It looks alive! Thank you so much for sharing Kosta, there is a lot to learn from that!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 6:32 pm

It is really marvellous. cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 1:06 am

I love that you introduced an Asian breed. Most we see are European or American. Both models are lovely and they have beautiful faces.
It is also a big joy to see Harriet here and you 're surely lucky of having Harriet and other talented members to give you some good tips. You deserve it because you are clearly motivated and your talent is unquestionable. I only have a suggestion and it is not based in my inexistent talent but through my experience following emerging talents as yours. It is really impressive what you did in such a short time but something you will find among more experient collectors is that they always give a lot of time to their figures. In this stage you are surely anxious to see your results and it is good to keep a good ratio to develop your learning process but later you'll find what I mean.
I used the chance to subscribe Miguel's Youtube channel. Video Kosta is suggesting is really good and of another very talented member on forum.
If there is any part of the video you're interested to know what is Miguel saying, just tell me and I translate it for you. :)

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 9:47 am

Roger wrote:

It is also a big joy to see Harriet here. :)
Thanks Roger, it’s good to get back on here a bit cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 10:25 am

Thank you so much Roger Very Happy ! And yes I am very lucky to have all these amazing sculptors giving me tips! And thank you for the advice, I think I'm getting a lot done at the moment because I work on them all day every day, but I am definitely noticing that for each model I am taking a bit longer because I try and get it even more perfect than the last! I am sure once I'm busy at school it will take me much longer to do each figure!
And thank you so much for subscribing, and I will definitely ask you if I need any help with translation! And another talented sculptor on this forum! Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:29 am

I love Miguel's work, he’s so inspiring

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:11 pm

I missed the Afghan  affraid Sleep
Ohh, Bonnie, it is a wonderful model, I am truely impressed , and I love gazehounds, as you know cheers

A reason I would never consider an Afghan ( and the fact that it is an extremely strong dog, with a rather hard temperament ) is that the show-and-pedigree-world has completely deformed this athletic, strong and elegant breed of hunting dogs into a haystack Sad

I am the happy owner of 835 pages thick book from 1985, a reprint of the original book from 1930 - 1032, about gazehounds.
It shows how the "best" dogs looked back then

Here are two of the top-winning show Afhan dogs :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see they were still DOGS and not huge stacks of fur, that you can not let live a natural life !  Rolling Eyes

But of course this does not make your model less wonderful, - you surely have lots of talent.
And as Roger writes, - with people like Harriet and Kosta to support you, you may go very far Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Thank you so much Susanne sunny !
And I completely agree, they have turned them into haystacks- how could they possibly run with all that fur? Sad And thank you so much for sharing those pictures of those Afghans, they were so much more athletic then and it just shows how much they have changed! I just love dog encyclopedias and have a growing collection of them, but I particularly love the older versions as you can see how all the dogs were before they were ruined by the show world Sad I was actually considering making the original type- but it was quite hard to find good photos on the internet! Very Happy
Luckily salukis like your Fidda have managed to stay relatively unchanged by the show world and still have their original elegance and speed! Very Happy
And I am so grateful to everyone who has helped me so far! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Great pictures Susanne!I too have a set of dog encyclopedia from the 1930s(Hutchinsons dog encyclopedias)and it shows the huge change in so many dog breeds and generally for the worse! Sad Sad Sad

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 4:32 pm

I have been searching for the Hutchinsons Dog Encyclopedias but they are quite hard to find! Combined, they are supposed to be the longest written book on dog breeds! Very Happy Shocked
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 5:57 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 pm

Going back a few places in the alphabet as I missed a couple of dogs- the Able Bulldog! A modern breed unknown by many, this is an attempt to create a more 'able' version of the current English bulldog, by only breeding from dogs tested for their working ability. The name 'Able' also comes from its two founding breeds- the American Bulldog (AB) and Leavitt Bulldog (LE). Mike May the founder hopes to produce a dog similar to the original type, by breeding for intelligence, drive and also a stable temperament to go with it, it is hoped this breed will be able to work and be a family companion.
This was a different sort of model as I had to try and show the muscles underneath, being a dog with short fur. Not only this, but I spent a very long time going over the entire body of each dog with tiny fur strokes! Very Happy Annoyingly some of this detail seemed to get lost after it had been in the oven- maybe because it expanded? Here they are, father and son Very Happy :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]homestyle cooking restaurants
Some pink paws!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 3:04 am

Lovely bull dogs! Your puppies are so cute.

@Susanne, that's the problem with lots of purebred dogs these days. They are bred for looks rather function. Thats why with my one purebred dog I am happy with him as his breed is rather undiscovered yet and so he should be very healthy over his lifespan since he hasn't become linebred or over refined for aesthetic.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 3:36 am

And your third couple of homemade dogs , is ready to puts smiles on our faces sunny
These two, looks very nice and you are getting better and better Applause
Able Bulldog is a breed , for sure unknown by many ( including me ) .. I tried to find some info and photos on the net, and there is not so much.
I like how you did the fur details , for sure you got the advices from Hrriet and I am sure, with the next models, the texture you are creating, will be better and better.
But now, the fur looks a bit longer.
My advice is, when you are making a dog with very short fur, almost smooth ..like these bulldogs are,
to try even smaller scales of fur details ... and even not everywere on the body...
For such small models, when you want to present an animal , with very short and smooth fur, you have to be careful , because you know : the size of real hair is very small... and beeing presented on such small model, it has to be veeeeeeeery small Very Happy
So, that being said, for the sculptors is not possible to make the hair so small to look accurate on scale with the model.. That`s why they skip it ... and showing it just on some places, but with very thin texture.
I don`t know if you understand what I mean... my English is not perfect, so I hope you got the idea :)

I also see, that you are good with the brushes.
And you will be better and better.
Painting of the model also can help to the sculpture, to look even better. Sometimes, when such small fur, can`t be sculpted, the way you paint the model, can help for that, to look more realistic :)
I like to repaint models, STS friends knows me with that :)
I also repainted some dog models in the past . If you would like to see them, here are some links :

The Papo Husky , repainted for Susanne. She call it Misty  Very Happy
The same model Papo Husky , with other colours . repainted for Yvette :)
The Papo Greyhound , made in memory of the beloved Futte of Susanne.  Sad
You can see how the fur look`s of this model, beeing very smooth and short.
And last to show, which is not a dog...it is a cat model, but just to see again how the fur it is sculpted and how it look`s with painting :  The Papo Siamese cat , made again for Susanne :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am

I never heard of that breed before !!!Shocked
A great idea to make a bulldog which is not so deformed as the the present day's English bulldog, which is another example of wrong standards for a lovely dog.Suspect

Beauuutyful and charming models of the dad and son cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:55 am

Thank you so much Paige, Kosta and Susanne! sunny And I agree, very little information on it!
And Kosta thank you SO much for so much help and advice, and such a good idea to do much smaller strokes, and even not to do them at all, because I realise now that to scale the fur would have to be really short! Which areas would you recommend to not even do any strokes of fur?
And WOW your repaints are stunning!! In each of them, it really looks as though the models have fur! How do you do it? It's so so good! And I see how you did it on the greyhound, making it have slightly jagged edges to the brown patches to look like strokes of fur. So much inspiration there, thank you! Very Happy Very Happy Applause cheers
It makes me realise that models from the major brands could look so much better if they had people like Kosta painting them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:58 am

And your repaint of Susanne's Futte was just so beautiful and it made me want to cry Sad
Such a realistic repaint that I'm sure it looked identical and will be a very special memory of what was a very special dog I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 4:23 pm

I didn't know the breed either and I like that your personal style promotes a certain level of appealingness to your models.flower If you wish, you can edit your first post and add the name of the breed anytime a new model is added.It will help us to know that you updated the topic.
I couldn't also resist to revisit the topic about the Memorial to Futte. Sometimes it is good to revive these moments on forum and see that the stars we see in the sky do really exist.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Thank you Roger sunny !
And great tip, I'll update the title now- learning new things about the forum every day! Very Happy
And I definitely agree, although I wasn't part of the forum then, it was so nice but so sad to see the memorial to Futte Sad
But I'm sure that the beautiful replica will be a wonderful memory of dear Futte I love you
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 3:57 am

Thank you Bonnie and Roger for your nice words  sunny

Bonnie wrote:

And Kosta thank you SO much for so much help and advice, and such a good idea to do much smaller strokes, and even not to do them at all, because I realise now that to scale the fur would have to be really short! Which areas would you recommend to not even do any strokes of fur?

Hmm, maybe I can give you some examples with models, which we have...
I am big fan of the Papo dogs. They are my favorite from all major brands.
I don`t know if you have some of them in your collection, but for example this French bulldog , is very good example, how some parts has some very thin fur texture.. and some parts doesn`t. The parts, were the skin is flat it does not have any fur. And parts were are some muscules more vissible or were the skin has more folds , has some texture.
Other good example is the Bull Terrier . It has very thin texture too.
I don`t know if you have the new Safari Great Dane , which came this year... it is one of my favorite dog models.
It is a great example of a very thin texture.
This texture , can be done when you make very thin scraches with the tool and then using a brush with water, to make it more smooth.
So, my advice is, to watch some dog models, which you have ... it can be also from Schleich ( also not only dogs), which have smooth and short fur, to see how they look , and try to play with a thin tool on the clay, to find different ways of making the same texture :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:37 am

Bonnie wrote:
But I'm sure that the beautiful replica will be a wonderful memory of dear Futte I love you

You are so right !!!!
I still miss Futte almost every day, and that model is ever so dear to me Sad

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 10:44 am

Really nice set of a lovely looking breed! Very Happy

Could you put them next to the following: Papo Husky, Schleich border collie (2016) and Schleich Yorkshire Terrier, thanks

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next