Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!

Go down 
+15
rogerpgvg
widukind
landrover
HKHollinstone
lucky luke
Taos
A-J
costicuba
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Bonnie
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 10:24

Thank you so much again Kosta, this is so helpful! sunny
I love Papo dogs too, but I sadly only found out about them this year and so have a lot of catching up to do with my collection! But I'll definitely use the TAW, and I also really love the Safari Ltd Great Dane! I'll have a look at my Schleich dogs, thank you so much again for the advice! Very Happy
Sad That's the same with me Susanne, I think about Pebble every day and people say that eventually you'll get over it but I don't think I ever will Sad Losing a dog is certainly one of the worst things that ever happens to dog owners Sad !
Thank you Adam Very Happy , I don't yet have the Papo Husky but here is a photo with the Yorkshire terrier and border collie (They are a bit bigger than Schleich's newer dogs!):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 10:58

Very, very helpful Lilias! Thank you

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 11:00

No problem!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 21:34

Your sculptures are quite big, I didn’t realise. That makes it easier for doing details. Your latest works are lovely, you put a lot of personality into their faces I love you

Wow I’d never seen the Safari Ltd Great Dane, that’s a really nice model. I used to collect dogs, Papo dogs are good, I also liked some of the CollectA ones.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 12:02

Thank you so much Harriet! sunny And I agree, I definitely find the bigger dogs easier because you can include more detail!
And I also agree about all the dogs, there are so many lovely models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 20:00

Bonnie, you are a great sculptor. I like the fact that your dogs aren't just realistic, but you have given them a very friendly personality by putting your own personality into them. It's the hallmark of a great artist that they do more than just showing reality.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 21:14

Thank you so much Roger! sunny
And I'm glad that they have personality, I definitely agree that it is nice to have a model that doesn't just show reality! I still have a long way to go though, so I'm so grateful for all the help I have been given on STS!
Thank you very much for your kind words! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 21:32

If we have another confinement you'll be able to make every single dog breed! Smile

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 21:34

Yes that is certainly a positive about lockdown! Although there are more than 1000 breeds so I will be very busy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 22:07

I am discovering this breed too and I am sure there will be many others! you already have a nice pack! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 00:41

Very nice work, Bonnie!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 02:37

Can't wait to see more- you do have a gift!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 09:22

Thank you so much Caracal, Blaine and Kelly! sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 10:54

I just can't stop looking at your Afghan hound, she is gorgeous drunken

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 11:20

Oh thank you Susanne! I'm glad you like her! Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptySun 01 Nov 2020, 12:56

Next up we have another bulldog- this time the larger Abraxas Bulldog! This breed is a fairly recent one from the USA, and is another attempt to recreate the now extinct Alaunt, by crossing the American Bulldog with the Rafeiro de Alentejo and carefully introducing Amstaff blood.
These dogs have not been sold to pet homes, and are bred solely for a working ability, due to their naturally aggressive nature. Which leads me to the question... should we really breeding overly aggressive dogs? But I made my models a little more friendly looking! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]what is an intermediate goal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]serial experiments lain wallpaper
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This time I experimented with gloss for all the other models, and also a couple of veins on the adult Abraxas Bulldog! Very Happy And this may be the last one for a while as I'm back to school soon!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptySun 01 Nov 2020, 13:05

I love his glossy tongue and nose! Great muscle detail too!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptySun 01 Nov 2020, 15:18

Beautyful models again, - and I like the fur, and - like Harriet - the glossy parts cheers

I totally agree : Why breed more aggressive dogs ?
The kind of people who get them, are not the ones who try to make their dog a nice, kind dog.Rolling Eyes

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptySun 01 Nov 2020, 17:58

Didn’t know the Portuguese Rafeiro Alentejano was being used to breed that bulldog. Again a unusual breed and a great work from you. flower

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptySun 01 Nov 2020, 19:19

I like the look of him!.. and I am impressed by your ability to make open mouth showing teeth and tongue! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptySun 01 Nov 2020, 19:58

Very Happy Applause Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptySun 01 Nov 2020, 22:10

Well done Bonnie !
Like Alain said, it is not easy to make open mouth for animal model and you did it very good.
I see that your texture now look`s much better for a dog like bulldog Applause
If I may give again one - two tips ? :)
It will be even better, if you try to make the scraches for the fur much shorter ... very small.
When you make them longer on some places, again it shows longer fur, so try with very small ones :)
And now it`s time to improve more and more how to work for a better proportions.
How long the legs should be, compared to the body and head... and how massive it should be...
The same for the paws..
How big or small the head should be, compared to the body...
...Thinkgs like that :)
And again, you are showing a dog breed , which is not popular, which makes it even more interesting :)
Well done !

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 12:17

Thank you so so much Harriet, Susanne, Roger, Alain, Luc and Kosta! Very Happy sunny
And thank you so much Kosta for the tips, they are so helpful so please keep giving them- it is a privilege to be given advice by a sculptor like you! Very Happy
And I'll definitely try and make the fur shorter for the next short-haired breed! This time I used a wire sort of brush for the fur, so I'll try and do shorter strokes with that! It seemed to work quite well for a thinner texture- just made it a bit scratchy!
Oh yes and of course the proportions! They are very difficult but I'm sure with practise it will become easier! Maybe I should build up more wire on the armature so that the proportions stay the same? At the moment the armature is usually just one 'line' for the body, head and each leg but laybe it should have more support? Very Happy
Thank you so much again everyone! flower
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 12:40

Another pair of lovely dogs cheers cheers

What might also help with the proportions is by printing out a side view picture of the dog you are going to recreate and measure everything in 'heads'. It might sound a bit strange but you can measure how long the head of said dog is is and measure and write down on the printed paper how many 'head lengths' the back is or the neck or the legs or any other bodypart. This way, if you know how big the head of the sculpture is (going to be) you can check if the length of the body is, for example 2,5 x the length of the head or that the legs are 1x head length (in case of a dachshund). This always helps me to be more conscious of the proportions during sculpting as well as during drawing.

I hope you understand what I mean, otherwise I can draw up a little example

Keep up the good work! I can already see you're improving and it is very interesting to read about the breeds too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 12:53

Thank you so so much A-J too! Very Happy sunny And I'm glad that it is interesting reading about the breeds! Very Happy
That is such a good tip! It really makes sense and I can see how that would be so helpful! The problem with the last breed was that there was only one slightly blurry photo of it online, but definitely for the other breeds that will help so much with the proportions! Very Happy
Thank you ever so much! sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next