Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!

Go down 
+25
Ana
sunny
Chris Sweetman
Mitsukuni
lucky luke
Farm collector
Pardofelis
Duck-Anch-Amun
RtasVadumee
rogerpgvg
Max
Kikimalou
Advicot
bmathison1972
widukind
Megaptera
pipsxlch
Caracal
Roger
costicuba
landrover
SUSANNE
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 10:15 am

Thank you Roger and I'll try and do that today! Very Happy
Thank you Kelly, and yes definitely some weird things there! The one you mentioned was actually passed down from my parents, along with the few other ones similar to it- but thank you as I now know where it was from! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:37 am

The next groups are firstly, my zebras. Two of them are Schleich, a very sweet foal on the far right and one with its head lowered- it came in the Watering Hole set and so not sure whether it was also sold separately? Then there is a little one from Safari and the others I have had since I was very young, not the best models but zebras all the same! Very Happy The two larger ones are Wing Crown, but not sure about the smaller one- possibly Wing Crown too?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And then my giraffe group, with Schleich on the far right and an interesting Toy Major one on the left- I think the mold is actually very good for this one but I wished I knew more about this model! And I'm sure that if it was repainted it would look much better, but I've had it so long I don't want to change how I always knew it as Very Happy The next two largest are Wing Crown and I'm not really sure about the others- the giraffe on the far right I think is from a Japanese company that made breakable rubbers. Any questions about any of them please ask!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:16 pm

First of all, Schleich zebras are really brilliant models and they're surely among the best zebra toys of ever. I think the drinking zebra of the set is the same of the grazing zebra sold separately since 2010. The smaller zebra next to the Wing Crown seems to have a paint finish similar to the Wing Crown so it is likely from the same company.
I surely have a question as usual. Is your Toy Major giraffe solide or hollow? ... and more important, it is surely marked with a year and eventually a letter, if you read it for me, I may be able of finding which other figures were part of the same set of that giraffe.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:22 pm

I definitely agree, Schleich zebras are very good and these two are particular favourites of mine! And the giraffe is marked 1994 (So quite long ago!), is solid and has the letter k on it- I hope this helps! And thank you so much for your help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:09 am

It helps a lot. We know that there is a rhinoceros of the same year with the letter "F". If you check this TAW page you will find which figures are listed for 1994 year. Unfortunately we still miss loads of pictures and the few we have letters were not provided. If you notice, we have in the linked list a giraffe from 1994. Yours looks different but I am not sure, could you check please? The direct link is here. :)
Bonie, you don't have to reply to my questions immediately. You are still very young and I am sure you are busy with your school and other things. Take all the time you need. I am notified anytime you reply. flower

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:09 am

Schleich zebras are beautiful figures. cheers cheers

I like the paint of the schleich giraffe ,too. Applause

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 2:05 am

Splendid models again Bonnie. I like your wooden articulated giraffe.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 am

Thank you so much Roger, and yes that one does look different which is strange- mine doesn't have any obvious painted spots but I think the mold is the same- maybe they are 2 variants? Very Happy
Luckily I am on half term holiday at the moment so have a bit more time to answer messages, but sadly I might not be as active once school starts again as I do get a lot of work!
Thank you Fernando and I definitely agree with you! sunny
And thank you Paige- yes that giraffe is a bit different, when you press on a wooden section underneath it it moves its legs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Wonderful collection Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Thank you so much Roger, and yes that one does look different which is strange- mine doesn't have any obvious painted spots but I think the mold is the same- maybe they are 2 variants? Very Happy
Luckily I am on half term holiday at the moment so have a bit more time to answer messages, but sadly I might not be as active once school starts again as I do get a lot of work!

Since you are on holiday, can I ask you another picture? Laughing Better now then when you're busy with school. I'd like a pic of the Toy Major giraffe, individually, and from the same angle you're showing on your collection picture. Variations are also interesting to be shown at the wiki.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Of course, here it is! And I would be very happy to do any more as I would love to help the TAW as much as I can! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 3:57 pm

Wonderful Bonnie! I am glad you enjoy contributing with pictures to Toy Animal Wiki.
Now your giraffe, older than you, is pairing at the wiki page together with Kost'as variation.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 4:29 pm

Thank you Roger and it is a joy to see it there! Very Happy
And thank you Megaptera for your comment! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 5:48 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Next up lizards and snakes- a whole variety of types and brands and most of them too big for the majority of collectors on this forum! Here are the lizards, certainly not the best part of my collection but some of those bigger ones are quite realistic despite their size! And I took an extra photo of the little pink one as it is a particular favourite of mine, I'm not sure why but I find it so delicate and detailed and lizardy (if that is a word!!)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]seafood buffet asheville nc
And then the snakes, similar in style to my lizards and some very lifelike due to their much larger size, but my favourite has to be the Schleich anaconda, the glossiness of it really sums up the term 'slimy snake' and it came out bigger than I expected, as I am so used to Schleich producing smaller and smaller dogs!
Sorry for the bad photos- it's quite hard taking clear ones when there are lots of models but if anyone wants to see any closer up please say! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:05 pm

I was not expecting these in your collection. You surprised me. I must see it with different eys next time. Rolling Eyes
What's the brand of your iguana? Lots of figures I don't know.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:21 pm

I know I didn't expect to find them! They are mostly from when I was younger and seemed to have a taste for bugs, snakes and lizards but now I'm very different! Very Happy I'm planning on having a sort through my collection too soon as there are any I feel aren't that good anymore! Will try and find the brands tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 2:56 am

Lovely group again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 8:23 am

Nice but little huge

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:44 am

When I was a teen as you are Bonnie, I used to bring back snakes to home -(mostly Natrix maura or coluber) and my mother was not very happy with that, above all when one escaped in the house! :)

So I Could collect beautiful accurate snakes at scale 1/1 but unfortunatly, most of them are just produiced in a frightening purpoose..

About the Schleich anaconda, I agree you, it's a beautiful piece (if you no consider the belly scales!) :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:07 am

Thank you Paige, Widukind and Caracal! Very Happy
I have just checked the iguana Roger and it just says 'Made in China' and then 'Iguana' and a registration number so the brand remains a mystery scratch And I'm also not really sure about the others- they seem to be similar made in China ones! I'm sure my collection will continue to surprise you, there are lots more weird things coming Very Happy !
That is so funny Caracal Laughing and yes I definitely agree about the anaconda! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Thank you Paige, Widukind and Caracal! Very Happy
I have just checked the iguana Roger and it just says 'Made in China' and then 'Iguana' and a registration number so the brand remains a mystery scratch And I'm also not really sure about the others- they seem to be similar made in China ones! I'm sure my collection will continue to surprise you, there are lots more weird things coming Very Happy !
That is so funny Caracal Laughing and yes I definitely agree about the anaconda! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for checking Bonnie! flower I am looking forward to see what more you have to surprise us. bounce bounce

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 pm

Next up a whole load of bugs- there are many brands here so I won't list them all, although I don't know what a lot of them are- all I remember was that when I was younger I got tubes and tubes of them! Very Happy I actually quite like the two larger models: the tarantula and ladybird, they may be to big for some but I think they have nice detail! And I also really like the Schleich tarantula, so realistic Very Happy
They are mostly organised into piles of similar types, although in some cases to even piles out I have mixed species round a bit. And to surprise you even more Roger, here they all are: Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]image hosting free for forums
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Hidden among those 'Chinabugs' you have a few real gems! A CE tarantula, Schleich tarantula, and a K&M mini Carabus, probably others that don't immediately jump out at me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 1:40 am

Really surprising. You are a bug girl! Laughing Well, if there are ladybugs why not bug girls?
Blaine is our bug expert and he immeidiately identified a few of them. If K&M is relatively common in Europe once they have a branch based in Denmark, I am not aware that CE (Club Eart) sold animal figures outside USA. Maybe it is another brand using the same moulds.
You can find the Club Earth spiders here and I'd love to know what can you find marked on yours if you have time, of course.
I know I am boring with these markings but they are often the key to our toy animal knowledge.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next