Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+24
George
Jill
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

sunny's collection  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyWed 31 Jul - 16:17

I found some rare Australian Series 1 Yowies cyclops cyclops

Some in particular are very beautiful and fun!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyWed 31 Jul - 19:41

Great Yowie find! The hedgehog, squirrel and frog next to the mouse in the first photo look similar in style and size. No idea what set they are from though.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyWed 31 Jul - 19:54

Great finds,congrats!!!!I have a few of these models and they are really nice.I hope to try and get some more in the future. Smile

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyWed 31 Jul - 23:53

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great Yowie find!

The hedgehog, squirrel and frog next to the mouse in the first photo look similar in style and size. No idea what set they are from though.

Thank you Roger.
Yes I think they could be from a set.

Taos wrote:
Great finds,congrats!!!!I have a few of these models and they are really nice.I hope to try and get some more in the future. Smile

Thank you Taylor, yes they are very nice. I hope you manage to get some more! I saw the ones from this 1st Series that you have in your collection.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyThu 1 Aug - 16:15

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptySat 3 Aug - 0:28

Oh I love them! I haven't committed to collecting the Yowies with multiple pieces (except the dingo), but some of them are so cute. Especially the little frogs! Congrats on this find!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptySat 3 Aug - 1:22

widukind wrote:
Congratulations

Thank you Andreas

Jill wrote:
Oh I love them! I haven't committed to collecting the Yowies with multiple pieces (except the dingo), but some of them are so cute. Especially the little frogs! Congrats on this find!

Thank you Jill. I think a few people are the same as you - not all Yowie collectors go for this 1st series, and I think it's because they are so lightweight and clip together. Kind of like the Japanese gashapon figures.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptySat 3 Aug - 7:15

I don't collect Yowies, but I have to admit they're very cute when they're all together as a tribe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyThu 22 Aug - 23:56

Kikimalou wrote:
I don't collect Yowies, but I have to admit they're very cute when they're all together as a tribe. Very Happy

I thought that too Christophe!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 1:03

I've been repainting some old Cherilea figures. Most of them are quite badly sculpted with non existent hooves and ears and large seams all over the bodies. They always have very little paint on them as the plastic is like a polythene - just soft and shiny.
I originally repainted this cow as an English Longhorn but the thin legs with hardly any hooves and the tiny ears just didn't look good, so I made some nice hooves, a new tail and a new head, horns and ears, and face with some beautiful big cow eyes Very Happy

I have yet to repaint her, but I think I may turn her into a Jersey cow.

Here she is with a couple of family members yet to be resculpted and painted. I had already painted the soft pink on their noses and underparts Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 2:13

Over the last year I have been gathering some more of my favourite hollow cute animals! I managed to find 2 giraffes, another fat white bear to join my existing one and also another rhino with only 1 ear.
One of the giraffes has a broken leg, and it was hard to glue together so sellotape is holding it together for the time being. It also doesn't have any ears or ossicones.
My deer only has one set of antlers. And I got my first hollow Zebra. Curiously it is a similar mould to the old Britains zebra. Who copies who in the toy animal world?
I also got my first elephant and a very beautiful tiger in this style.
My other bear and rhino are packed away so they can't meet their family yet, but I really look forward to adding more of these very fragile and very beautiful animals to my collection!
I really do love this style very much! It has to be one of my favourite animal model styles. Each animal has so much personality with a very pretty face.
I love them all!

their size compared to the Dinamizacao zebra

and the oryx I painted with her unpainted sister and zebra friends

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 5:08

The "Tri-ang without wheels" series is fantastic, I envy you cheers and of course the Dinamizacao have so much class Cool

Pics for TAW please bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 7:39

I reallly like to see this old less known stuff.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 12:20

This sort of collecting is like non main stream music. There is always someting different and refreshing to enjoy. I like especially the deer with black doots, so unusual but it is pretty.
However, when you show your repainted Dinamização, it sounds like classical music to me where everything is perfect. cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 19:20

These animals have a magical expression on their faces. Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 19:23

The hollow models are very interesting. Do you know anything about their history?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 23 Aug - 19:35

Love seeing all these older models.The deer is especially nice!

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptySat 24 Aug - 22:50

Kikimalou wrote:
The "Tri-ang without wheels" series is fantastic, I envy you cheers and of course the Dinamizacao have so much class Cool

Pics for TAW please bounce bounce bounce

Thank you Christophe! yes it is the Triang make. I will try to do some research on this brand.

I will take some pics for taw :)

widukind wrote:
I reallly like to see this old less known stuff.

Thank you Andreas, me too!

Roger wrote:
This sort of collecting is like non main stream music. There is always someting different and refreshing to enjoy. I like especially the deer with black doots, so unusual but it is pretty.
However, when you show your repainted Dinamização, it sounds like classical music to me where everything is perfect. cheers

Thank you Roger. The deer really is a beauty, and I love the frilled ruffles on his neck. And thanks, that is a lovely compliment! Nothing can compare to classical music:)

landrover wrote:
These animals have a magical expression on their faces. Applause Applause

They do Fernando! Thank you

rogerpgvg wrote:
The hollow models are very interesting. Do you know anything about their history?

Thank you Roger, no I don't know anything about them. But Christophe has identified them as the Triang style of model, but without the wheels.
The Triang models are real beauties and the wheeled ones have solidified legs, so these 4 legged ones just look more beautiful than them.
I will try and research somehow.

Taos wrote:
Love seeing all these older models.The deer is especially nice!

Thank you Taylor, I agree.

It seems that the deer is the biggest hit!
I love his ruffled frilled neck, spots on his back and his wonderful expression!
These models are just filled with personality, and they are around 1/32nd scale, so I am very happy to have them!
I can't imagine any children ever playing with them because they are rather fragile - very light and hollow. But they are so touchable and I love looking at them.

Did any other countries produce hollow cute figures like these?
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 30 Aug - 16:41

Finally after a very long time I have finished painting the pronghorn figures I had.
They are a soft bendy type plastic with over exaggerated fur impressions all over them. If they didn't have the fur impressions I would have been able to paint them so much easier, and faster! But the lines and grooves were a real pain for applying the paint.
I made a couple of the males into females by removing the horns.
They are very unbalanced due to the raised front right leg and it's impossible to make them stand evenly, so I will try and fix this by altering the tip of the hoof.

The 2 larger pronghorn are from a different brand, not sure which one.

They were being inspected by the smaller sized pronghorns from a distance, before being allowed to join the herd.

This illustration that was done by Ernest Thompson Seton and he gives some exciting accounts of being with pronghorns in this article.

It is easy to see the many variations in the pronghorns coats, and all the photos I looked at showed many differences in them, with pattern shapes and placements. Very interesting!
I've always loved the pronghorn! And I've always loved the American Indians and their relationship with animals and nature. I grew up with that deep respect for nature and all animals.

making their way along a ravine

first sighting of the intruders

inspection!

hmm they look familiar

accepted into the group - they were older siblings who had been separated a few months earlier!

family again

females

males

in progress at the artist's table (me:)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 30 Aug - 16:53

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 30 Aug - 17:12

Nice tribe Annette, very good job Applause It lets me think I have to cross the apth of my brushes one day. Sleep
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 30 Aug - 20:53

Stunning repaints. I especially love the females. Could the larger pronghorns be Action Products?

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyFri 30 Aug - 22:47

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers

thank you Andreas!

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice tribe Annette, very good job Applause  It lets me think I have to cross the apth of my brushes one day. Sleep

Thank you Christophe, yes indeed, I hope to see your repaints again one day!

rogerpgvg wrote:
Stunning repaints. I especially love the females. Could the larger pronghorns be Action Products?

Thank you Roger!
I'm not sure, it's very confusing for me, all these copies and brands and same models. They look to be the Action Products but I think it is also the same as the Nayab one? or am I mistaken?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptySun 1 Sep - 16:31

Lovely repaints and beautiful new additions! So much detail on such small figures. And wonderful resculpting work on the cow, I look forward to seeing her finished.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep - 21:00

Jill wrote:
Lovely repaints and beautiful new additions! So much detail on such small figures. And wonderful resculpting work on the cow, I look forward to seeing her finished.

thank you very much Jill!
I enjoy this small size work, though it is best done in the daylight. I will post updated pics of the cow when I finish her:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next