Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+22
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

sunny's collection  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:45 pm

So the figures are marked differently? I did not know that. Interesting!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 8:38 pm

The Nine Products appears to have made very good animal figures, despite not really being an animal figure brand. Does anyone have a photo of the kudu?

Sunny/Birdsage, is it OK to put your oryx photos on TAW?

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 8:41 pm

Please do put the photos up.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:21 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
The Nine Products appears to have made very good animal figures, despite not really being an animal figure brand. Does anyone have a photo of the kudu?

yes ofcourse Roger. Do you need a clearer pic ?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 9:53 am

sunny wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Thanks both. The pictures aren't bad, but if it isn't too much bother to take even better photos, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 am

thank you Roger, I will take them next time and see if they are better

rogerpgvg wrote:
sunny wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Thanks both. The pictures aren't bad, but if it isn't too much bother to take even better photos, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:50 am

these are photos of antelope and deer that I painted many years ago. I made up the patterns. Some are quite 'ancient' with dorsal stripes and shoulder stripes, probably like the early deer that once roamed Earth. It would be interesting to see what they actually did look like, with their stripes and markings. The early spotted horses for example.

I love how antelope and deer are so beautiful and diverse. The nyala is particularly striking, with the males completely different to the females, and impalas have such delicate detailing around their faces and hocks. And the upright mane on gnus is impressive, and manes can be seen on kudu and nyala as well. Waterbuck have very long coats and heart shaped noses, and every antelope species has a different shaped tail. They also all 'carry' their tails differently as well. The impala keeps their tail tucked up and in to their body at all times, especially when grazing and drinking. The bushbuck has a wide longish flat fluffy tail that just hangs down nonchalantly. Oryx have long whiskers that collect the water after they have been drinking. It is fascinating to observe each animal in detail.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this was a cheap Hong Kong deer that I turned into a sort of mule deer

an old Britains red deer
and an unpainted one and also a Hong Kong version

a Timpo antelope (before I knew it was a Timpo antelope:)

and an ibex ?

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 9:47 am

Wonderful repaints, it was so interesting to read the start and I love how each one is different! cheers That mule had an amazing transformation, Hong Kong models definitely lend themselves well for repainting! I love all the detail you have included with each one! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:11 pm

Nice repaints. And the Timpo antelope is a rare catch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 1:41 pm

Lovely repaints!

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 1:42 pm

Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 9:26 am

I love your repaints! They bring a second life to these models: quaggas, okapis, cows, antelopes and deers. Your repaint of the modest "Singapore" deer leaks the high potentiality of its sculpting and gives me the desire to imitate you! Your pictures are also very beautiful and give more value yet, to your work.  cheers cheers drunken

I think this wonderful ibex is from Timpo too.. :)

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 9:40 am

The mention of quaggas had me searching back to the start of the topic to meet them - that was before I'd joined the forum! They're so lovely, with their soft colour and fading-out stripes, and I really like that you did three different patterns to reflect that variety in the real animals.

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Lovely work, I really like the imagination behind the ancient deer markings. That Timpo's face is so elegantly done and so detailed. And those okapi a page back are brilliant, what a burst of color!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 pm

The last 2 batches are great. :) That repainted mule deer of yours is wonderful! Great job on it.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 11:19 pm

thank you Andreas. I have seen/come across quite a few Timpo antelopes (on ebay). Perhaps in Britain they are more common ?

thank you Taylor :)

thank you Bonnie, I'm glad you liked all the detail! and yes the Hong Kong models tend to do well as repaints.

Bonnie wrote:
Wonderful repaints, it was so interesting to read the start and I love how each one is different! cheers That mule had an amazing transformation, Hong Kong models definitely lend themselves well for repainting! I love all the detail you have included with each one! sunny

thank you Birdsage:)

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 11:31 pm

thank you Alain for your lovely words about my repaints and photos!
I agree about these models, they have rather good lines and shape when they are painted over. It surprises me at times!

I would love to see your repaints of these ones too.

ah, and thanks for letting me know about the ibex. It's a really beautiful model.

Caracal wrote:
I love your repaints! They bring a second life to these models: quaggas, okapis, cows, antelopes and deers. Your repaint of the modest "Singapore" deer leaks the high potentiality of its sculpting and gives me the desire to imitate you! Your pictures are also very beautiful and give more value yet, to your work.  cheers cheers drunken

I think this wonderful ibex is from Timpo too.. :)

Thank you very much about my quaggas George. I think I have started to repaint some of them again as I was wanting a more brown coat colour. I really love quaggas.

Thank you Jill! I am glad you liked them!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 11:33 pm

thank you very much!
I painted it so long ago that I can't remember when I did it, only that I wanted to paint it 'my way' Very Happy!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The last 2 batches are great. :) That repainted mule deer of yours is wonderful! Great job on it.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 12:21 am

I welcomed a little sulphur crested cockatoo all the way from France;) into my collection the other day, and I was lucky to come across a tiny Breyer? swan at the same time. I got a Breyer border collie too but he's not part of this display that I have, just the 2 white birds. The cockatoo is swinging from his perch on the Chinese Tang Dynasty horse.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 1:53 am

Very cute! I love that horse's expression.  Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Congrats for the Starlux cockatoo and this beautiful fluttering wings swan Annette! cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 4:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Great cuckatoo! Magnificent horse too, I don't suppose it's an original, is it?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 8:03 pm

Really lovely additions! cheers Especially the Breyer collie, how wonderful, it's beautifully made! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 1:21 am

thank you Saarlooswolfhound, it is typical for this model of horse Very Happy

thank you Alain, yes I am impressed by both of them, real treasures to my collection

thank you Andreas!

thank you Roger, no not an original but it is old (30+ years)

thank you Bonnie, yes the border collie is exceptionally well made! I remember seeing it in a thread here looking impressive and well detailed, and with it being 1/32nd scale, so I kept my eyes open for it, to add to my collection :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next