Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+22
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

sunny's collection  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Nice repaints and nice collection Annette. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice repaints and nice collection Annette. Very Happy

thank you Christophe :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 pm

Awesome composition of animals. I love the clash of styles between Chinese Tang Dynasty horse and My Little Pony Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 1:29 am

Ana wrote:
Awesome composition of animals. I love the clash of styles between Chinese Tang Dynasty horse and My Little Pony Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] indeed! thank you Anna
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 2:24 am

I got 2 unusual animals from a thrift shop. They are hollow with very thin, slightly malleable plastic and no marks under them. I really like the pose and shape of the camel and the largeness of the stag. Is it a wapiti ? They sort of remind me of xmas nativity items. I've not come across any other animals like them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

with a 1/32nd Britains zebra for scale
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:35 am

Shocked  never seen either! I like the stocky looking of the stag! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:26 am

They're really unusual, the deer looks like a cross between an elk, a bison, a moose and anything else of a large size in USA. Laughing They're probably Christmas themed and at the end it is just a reindeer. Laughing They are different from anything we know and that's the coolest part.

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 1:03 pm

I know. That really does look like a mountain goat with the head of an elk (wapiti). It probably is a Christmas-themed item representing a reindeer (caribou), and it is kind of a cliche to depict reindeer as something else, although more often they are portrayed as generic small deer instead of something moose- or elk-like.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 2:18 pm

Really good catch.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 2:16 am

Thank you Alain, yes the stag has been busy in the preparation of the coming winter Wink
Caracal wrote:
Shocked  never seen either! I like the stocky looking of the stag! :)

ha ha Roger, you are right ! anything with cloven hooves and antlers (sometimes even horns!) is considered a reindeer at xmas time. Advertising has a lot to answer for Very Happy:D
Roger wrote:
They're really unusual, the deer looks like a cross between an elk, a bison, a moose and anything else of a large size in USA. Laughing They're probably Christmas themed and at the end it is just a reindeer. Laughing They are different from anything we know and that's the coolest part.

indeed Birdsage, there are many variations of 'reindeer' out there at xmas time. Many times I have laughed so much at the variety I see  king  santa
Birdsage wrote:
I know. That really does look like a mountain goat with the head of an elk (wapiti). It probably is a Christmas-themed item representing a reindeer (caribou), and it is kind of a cliche to depict reindeer as something else, although more often they are portrayed as generic small deer instead of something moose- or elk-like.

thank you Andreas!
widukind wrote:
Really good catch.

I've not been on this wonderful sts for long, and I've been astounded by the variety of figures and makes on here, so it's still surprising to me that some figures, like these, are new to many of us here.
I've often thought how wonderful it would be to have a comprehensive collection of every figure ever made, that still exists, in a museum-collection somewhere in the world. People could send in figures that they'd like to live there (either as guests, or permanently). Kind of like the world seed bank at Spitzbergen/Svalbard cheers
and ofcourse visitors would be welcome. They would have to wear mitts though, incase it was too tempting to just look at all the beauty and temptations Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 7:42 am

scratch Could these models have been manufactured by the Ajax company? The manufacturing process (hollow and minimal plastic) and size are very similar. Very Happy

Congratulation Annette cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 10:51 pm

Nice additions!!

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 1:32 am

Kikimalou wrote:
scratch Could these models have been manufactured by the Ajax company? The manufacturing process (hollow and minimal plastic) and size are very similar. Very Happy

Congratulation Annette cheers

thank you Christophe.
I've never heard of the Ajax company before but looking on wiki the dinosaurs seem to be more substantial than these. These are very light indeed and the thickness of the plastic is pretty thin. Maybe they are a Hong Kong copy ?

thank you Taylor
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 1:40 am

I have some beautiful little foxes. They feel rather light and make a clink clink sound when knocked together. Kind of like a brittle acetate ? They are a little shiny and very beautiful. Nothing printed under them.

they are beside a 1/32nd cow for size

and here is a dinosaur that looks very cute, he must be a plant eater or omnivore, but he doesn't seem to have any armour to protect him, I wonder why ?
I got him for £2.50 from a museum shop

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 5:08 am

Great models, but the foxes are too cute!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 5:54 pm

The foxes are so lovely! 😀

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 pm

Nice old foxes

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 7:20 pm

Yes, the foxes are adorable, even better that you have three of them.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 7:30 pm

Lovely little foxes!!I know them from somewhere but can't remember!!Nice little Dino as well

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm

I love the foxes, very sweet and delicate! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 12:04 am

I think this is a 3 pc bone China fox family set. Isn't it the same as this one in my collection?
Is the dinosaur made for that shop? Do you know anything else about it?

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 2:01 am

Roger wrote:
I think this is a 3 pc bone China fox family set. Isn't it the same as this one in my collection?
Is the dinosaur made for that shop? Do you know anything else about it?

thank you Roger, yes it is the same fox! but it's made from a hard plastic. Definitely not bone china. Underneath my fox I can clearly see 'swirls' of where the plastic has pooled before setting and there are also 'seam' lines that can be seen on them as well. I'm a long time porcelain collector and made a few figures in so I know these foxes are a plastic of some sort (acetate / bakelite). I also have a couple of deer in this same material and one has some missing legs. Even though it makes a chink chink noise, it is because of the hardness of the plastic. I think it is a kind of acetate ? which is hard on the outside and yet can be brittle, so the models could break if they fall on a hard surface.

I've seen these types of animals before, many years ago. Perhaps they came in boxed 'family' sets of 3 ?

The dinosaur is a made in China one that the museum shops buys in to sell out of a tub. They have lots of different figures for sale. Before lockdown they had a huge display of figures, dinosaurs and animals from many different brands but when I went a while ago they only had 3 shelves of a limited amount of dinosaur figures and nearly no animal figures. One of their dinosaurs was £31. That's quite alot for just one figure! I'm not sure if the prices have gone up ? or if it's just there?
My dinosaur above was £2.50 and that's not cheap Very Happy for what it is, but I loved the face and the pose so it's living with my herd of cows now.

I took photos of what they had for sale, so I could post those pics somewhere on here ?
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 2:28 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Great models, but the foxes are too cute!

yes they are cute! thank you:)

Bonnie wrote:
I love the foxes, very sweet and delicate! sunny

thanks Bonnie :) but they have very sharp eyes on them Wink I have locked away my hens !

Taos wrote:
Lovely little foxes!!I know them from somewhere but can't remember!!Nice little Dino as well

thank you Taylor. I hope you remember, it would be nice to know where. Yes the dinosaur is lovely, it would be nice to know what species it is.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Yes, the foxes are adorable, even better that you have three of them.

yes Roger I was lucky to get all 3. I think they have spent their life happily together on some adventures:)

funny thing, as I was parking my car tonight, there on the pavement watching me was a fox ! I sent him some blessings  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind wrote:
Nice old foxes

thank you Andreas, yes they must be around at least 50 years old and still not a grey hair on them Wink

Ana wrote:
The foxes are so lovely! 😀

Thank you Anna, they are indeed
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 10:59 am

I love these foxes! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:07 am

thank you Alain !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next