Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?

Go down 
+4
George
WhiteLightning Wolf
Taos
Bonnie
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 1:23 am

Thanks guys, I think the mystery combined with the nostalgia is why they are so fun for me to look for! Even though I don't think they are actually particularly "rare" (I've been able to almost complete both sets in a couple months after all). I think they just aren't recognized/well known/of much interest to most people.

I looked back on this thread and realized WhiteLightning Wolf said that not only did she get the complete set of cats together with their minis, but she still has the complete set (pictured there), confirming the Birman is indeed in the set and the yellow Farm Cat is not. So another mystery solved! Sort of, though I wonder if any of those yellow Farm Cats were ever made.

It does look like her #3 is much darker than any of mine, matching the picture better. scratch Maybe all three of mine are from the other set, or some other set altogether. Maybe that dark one she has actually has a breed specified.

Roger wrote:

About the Abysinian, I haven't listed it yet and I surely don't have an opinion about it. Laughing
The Abyssinian on WhiteLightning Wolf's thread also helped me here! I would say you have them in the right place currently. I bet my new one, the weird ginger colored one, is just a variation of the "Club Earth."

Quote :
The fact you've found the unmarked is #3 gives to me the perception that it is really from these sets. Why is it not marked with a breed I don't know.
I listed it as a British Shorthair but the green eyes are consistent with the Russian blue so I will fix it and put a note they're not identified.
Please could you check if I placed these #3 cats correctly?
They look good as far as I was thinking of them, but now that I've seen how dark the one in the old thread is, I am not sure! Maybe someone will have the dark one or I will find it and can confirm if there's a difference to the stamps someday.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 3:08 pm

Thanks for checking them all, Jill! :) Your contribution here surely increases the collectability of these models. Instead of just random cats that just pop up in a lot, they now have a family and there's a way to group them. Giving an identity to these forgoten figures, is actually a fun task.
I think we can now think about how to sort the superminis. We are used to sort them as Club Earth but if they match the PV set how should we do then?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 1:23 am

Thank you, I've having fun with it, too. :)

Based on what Whitelightning Wolf's post says, and the fact that they match both the dog and cat sets in paint job, I would assume that those two sets at least must be made by Play Visions as well. The farm set, not so sure about. I've seen those molds painted multiple different ways now, so until I can compare them to the actual set or see more micro minis, I don't know how to guess.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 12:15 am

Thanks again to Paige also for helping me complete this set! I have to say, it's wild to have them all after starting my (adult) collecting simply by trying to figure out what the ones I had were.

From the Play Visions set: Here are #5 Siamese and #6 Manx as well as a better version of #8 Birman, since the other one has dog teeth marks all over it. I also noticed the Birman says it is not pictured on the 1998 catalogue page, but I believe it is! I think they all are.  

Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 269794828_458367499181266_1818517410776635294_n
Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 268805173_283687550447516_1644151779892434454_n
Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 266993891_1094074674744474_5462282076426731869_n
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 12:34 am

Congratulations for getting those through our dear Paige. I added them on Play Visions Mini Cats page on TAW.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Wonderful new additions to this mysterious set! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 4:59 pm

The last cat for the Cats to Go set, #10 Somali cheers

Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 343177529_2196020790588948_1235625352512116820_n
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 7:20 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 7:27 pm

BIG congrats Jill!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 12:46 am

Thanks to Jill's perseverance, one more series is complete on TAW
https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Club_Earth_Cats_to_Go
More important than it is that Jill completed her series. cheers

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 2:15 am

Thank you guys, this was one of the most exciting finds I've had recently, haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?    Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Earth? - Cats | Know anything about them?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3