Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23

Go down 
+26
rogerpgvg
Loon
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Joliezac
pipsxlch
75senta75
RtasVadumee
NandO
spacelab
Seeway
lucky luke
Caracal
costicuba
Shanti
Taos
Farm collector
George
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Jill
widukind
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 7:58 pm

So many beautiful models!! cheers cheers The details on those BotB cats are stunning, and how kind of your friend to give you such an amazing rare fox, so perfectly painted and I love the pose, I'm sure you will treasure such a special gift! I love you
Those little butterflies are absolute beauties too, so delicate and intricate, the colours and patterns look so realistic!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 9:21 pm

Those little butterflies are so great! I love that photo with the croc. Congrats with the cats too, and that fox is nearly one of its kind!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm

Stunning new additions! The fox and the cats are amazing. Papercuts are perfect for butterflies.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm

This is a very egocentric comment but I feel like I was in your thoughts while you were posting. Wink Maybe not but let me believe it. Razz
Seriously, those wild felines are superb and of course I love that fox. I see a croc smiley, what does it mean? scratch Wink
Papercuts are perfect for butterflies, I don't like that much pvc butterfly figures, i believe I'd prefer to collect those versions.
The last picture is poetry. cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 10:58 pm

Thanks so much for your comments Bonnie, Paige, Roger and Rogerio Very Happy

Nice to hear you like the butterflies too! They are tiny but very pretty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yes I thought about you when I got the fox model. But because it was a gift I can't give it away.

So I asked if she could print one more for a friend who collects all foxes 😄 She said *maybe, so we will see!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am

Congratulations Ana beautiful addition. Very Happy Applause cheers
the resins are fantastic and I love your butterflies sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:52 am

Thank you Lucky Luke 😄

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:58 am

Ana wrote:
Thanks so much for your comments Bonnie, Paige, Roger and Rogerio Very Happy

Nice to hear you like the butterflies too! They are tiny but very pretty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yes I thought about you when I got the fox model. But because it was a gift I can't give it away.

So I asked if she could print one more for a friend who collects all foxes 😄   She said *maybe, so we will see!

It's very kind of you to ask your friend. Very Happy I surely was not wanting you to give me a figure you received as a gift. I was only trying to figure out the game fox versus crocodile. Laughing I already have wonderful gifts from you, foxes included. flower flower

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Thank you for teh comparison pics Anna Very Happy (I forget to tell Embarassed )

The two BotB wild cats are maginficent and the Fox is really charming. It's too bad Noémi is reducing her collection so drastically but at least these models found a new fantastic collector to enjoy and a very fine place to live.

May I ask for some walkarounds ? Very Happy

The small butterflies are very beautiful too and so tiny.

I love the last pic with Anna's poetric inside. flower drunken
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 4:12 pm

Superb additions,especially the wild cats!!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 7:34 am

Thanks a lot for your comments 😁

Christophe, I'll try to do the job with cats' walkarounds soon 🙂

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 7:40 am

🤗
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 4:45 pm

The walkaround is ready right [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Smile

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 1:28 am

Wow what a line up of incredible figures with amazing paint jobs. Works of art! The unicorn might be my favorite, I love a more traditional looking unicorn.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 9:51 pm

Thanks so much Jill!
It seems I forgot to update this topic again for what? 7 months Laughing  
I have quite a backlog but I think I'll start with my most recent arrivals. Last week I got a long anticipated package from my Finnish friends Lea and Aleksander. It contained custom models and resin horses Very Happy

This one is a micro mini Andalusian horse sculpted by Maggie Bennett and painted by Aleksander. This color is called Pearl. Check this website for examples of Pearl and Perlino Andalusian horses. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another Andalusian, resculpted Nuno (sculpted by J. Vingerling). Resculpting and painting by Aleksander . The color is Perlino or Cremello. Double cream dilutions are difficult to distinguish, in the past I would say Perlino but some Cremellos can look very similar to this phenotype too.

This one is Lea's custom on Peter Stone chips Morgan, now a thoroughbred racing condition two years old filly.

And finally, possibly my favourite from this box, not only because he's the largest, hahaha. This is customized Breyer Adios, resculpting by Lea and Aleksander, painted by Aleksander. The horse is dun and represents a feral horse from Alberta Canada, known as Alberta Mountain Horse. These horses are heavier in type than typical Mustangs, possibly having some draft horse genes.
I just love his face Very Happy

Other than that I visited a model horse show last Saturday and couldn't leave empty handed, oops! I bought two Breyer stablemates

My first decorator (and probably the last as it's not my usual thing but there's something very pleasant about this color combo). This model was a special run for 2021 Breyerfest, his name is Kaleidoscope. The mold is a Lipizzaner sculpted by Kelly Sealey

And cantering Morgan in red dun, a SM Collector's Club model from 2022. I really like this mold and somehow the glossy color looks nice to me. Maybe I needed something shiny, listening to a voice of my inner magpie  Smile Razz

Last edited by Ana on Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 12:44 am

Nice to see you updating this topic. You always bring so beautiful figures and photos.
Thanks also for bringing Lea, I miss her on forum. Very Happy
I love the Canadian horse, it is very charming actually.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 7:29 am

Excellent additions, the micro mini Andalusian horse is very impressive, the paint is so subtle on such a small thing (the link doesn't work for me scratch ).
I'm not a fan of "double cream" cheeses but on the Andalusians it works quite well. Very Happy
These first two models are very inspiring for me.
I have to admit that the Peter Stone chips Morgan is difficult for me to look at, a bit like you when it comes to insect or spider figurines. affraid
Albert the mountain horse, on the other hand, fills me with joy - what class, what a face! cheers
I'm less of a fan of the little Breyers, but then again, that Albert... I love you
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 10:04 am

Thanks Roger and Christophe! Very Happy
I agree the Canadian boy is really special, thanks Very Happy
I'll try to fix the link to the Paco Marti stud website, or just post the picture here in a moment.

Double cream cheeses, haha, that's rather accurate! These colors are hard to get right in painting, you don't want to end up with a pink or light yellow horse but also not completely white. This one looks spot on to me Smile
The two Stablemates were a spontaneous buy but I'm quite happy with them 😃

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 6:18 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 6:49 pm

Ana wrote:
Thanks so much Jill!
It seems I forgot to update this topic again for what? 7 months Laughing  
I have quite a backlog but I think I'll start with my most recent arrivals. Last week I got a long anticipated package from my Finnish friends Lea and Aleksander. It contained custom models and resin horses Very Happy

This one is a micro mini Andalusian horse sculpted by Maggie Bennett and painted by Aleksander. This color is called Pearl. Check this website for examples of Pearl and Perlino Andalusian horses.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

This one is Lea's custom on Peter Stone chips Morgan, now a thoroughbred racing condition two years old filly.

Congratulations on getting such beautiful models Anna!

I went to the website, and I could see horses with very short manes? Do they cut them on purpose?
And some of the tails looked very short, as if they had been trimmed and feathered. Like this foal here, who seems to have a very thin tail?!

I googled chips Morgan thoroughbred but couldn't see any photos of the actual 2yo. That seems to be a very young age to be a race horse? and to be so 'ripped'!! I've never seen a horse in this condition before. Is this unusual Anna?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 9:34 pm

Thanks Annette! Yes they shave the foals' mane and tail. It's supposed to help with growing thick hair later. Traditionally stallions would have long manes and tails, as it's considered beautiful. As for the mares they are usually kept outdoor 24/7  and not used for riding so short mane and tail are easy to maintain and convenient. That's of course not an absolute rule and owners will often do differently. But this is a big stud so it's probably easier this way.

Just for clarification, the mold is Peter Stone Chip Morgan but it was customized to represent a Thoroughbred horse, not a Morgan anymore.  And I think the custom is a bit stylised.

Racing a two-year old is very early, it still happens in some places as far as I'm aware. I didn't look for any real life references yet. I love Lea's style and that's enough for me. I know that the anatomy is very well sculpted too. But the condition of the horse is not what we would want to see on a real racetrack. Would it be allowed to run in this condition, I don't know.

I see some resemblance to this horse, the model is a bit more extreme though. What strikes me is when the horse is sweaty it kind of highlights the anatomy underneath. The custom is showing a sweaty horse too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 5:21 pm

Beautiful additions,especially the Alberta Mountain horse!!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 8:41 am

Thanks so much, Taylor! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6