Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*

Go down 
+26
Bloodrayne
thebritfarmer
FlaffyRaptors
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Loon
Ana
jarda
landrover
sunny
George
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Birdsage
Caracal
Pardofelis
widukind
Seeway
lucky luke
spacelab
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Taos
Roger
Joliezac
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 7:58 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I actually didn't know scimitar oryx were extinct in the wild Crying or Very sad

My last desert shelf was all over the place so I'm glad to have narrowed this one down to African Fauna, I really like this one too Susanne! Thanks Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:40 pm

Just stumbled upon this thread, and wow Jolie those are some very impressive thematic displays!
I wish my collection was half as photogenic as yours!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 3:37 am

Just completed: Borneo/Malaysia!

I am most unfamiliar by far with Asian fauna I'll admit. I tried to research where species I had lived but its often confusing because some species live in so many places pale I finally came to the conclusion that I could do the Island of Borneo but then I found out that Malayan tapirs aren't currently living there, so this shelf is a mixture of the Malayan Peninsula/Borneo. Hopefully it isn't too inaccurate!

I really wanted to add some birds but I somehow don't have a single model that would fit in this region  scratch I may have to work harder to find some great hornbills.

I like how it looks though and it was my first display of this region. So here it is!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 7:10 am

Very nice pictures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 7:46 am

Wonderful as always! You recreated very well the rainforest appareance :) and I love the groups of same animal in different brands matching so well together: gibbons, clouded leopards... Yes, bird tend to be neglected in toy form as compared to mammals so diversity is much lower. A solution would be doing homemades, for Sumatra/Borneo I have a Bulwer's pheasant, a helmeted hornbill and a red-headed partridge Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm

Very Happy Wonderful rain-forest background and diplay! cheers cheers how did you made that river stream?  drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 4:06 pm

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy Wonderful rain-forest background and diplay! cheers cheers how did you made that river stream?  drunken

Thank you! For the stream I printed out a picture of a stream from an above view then taped it to the bottom of the shelf then placed rocks on top along the sides.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 7:48 pm

Thank you Jolie and big congratulations for this so realistic result! cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 9:30 pm

This is perhaps the one I love most cheers
The elephants comming crshing out from the dense trees, and all the otheranimals look like they have been living their secret lives there for ever Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 8:17 pm

I love them all, all your displays are pieces of poetry, I would love to live in each of them. Your work is really inspiring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 11:20 pm

Thank you so much Kikimalou!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 2:28 am

It has been a busy few weeks for me but I finally had some time to construct 2 displays of Oceania: The Australian Outback & Tasmania!

Previously I just had 1 "Australian" shelf and it had lots of animals in Oceania jumbled together. Since I now have more room I can do different regions.

Original from a few years ago:

New Australian Outback!

I took the reptile cave from my old prehistoric shelf and painted it to match the rocks in the background, then I painted some slate to match a few orange rocks I had that I got from a trip to Arizona to match the theme sunny Then my friend sent out some orange sand for me to use because I had run out. I think I did a much better job matching the sand to the rocks and painting the rocks. I'm really happy with how it looks. I added some budgies to the display because I thought they would fit nicely. I also learned that there are feral Dromedary camels in Australia, so I added few that didn't fit on my Saharan shelf  Very Happy

Next is Tasmania!

For this display I had a bit of trouble deciding on the biome. I decided to go with a more tropical forest with a pond in the center. I used an acrylic sheet over the top of the "pond" so that it would have a cooler effect. Underneath I placed some swimming platypuses & a giant Tasmanian freshwater crab. I really like the effect it gave and I plan on doing this on a much larger scale in some future shelves. My favorite would have to be the thylacine pair  I love you

I think its a big improvement from my original, I'll have another Australian display with a forest for my koalas and some wombats eventually.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 2:56 am

Great displays! Tasmania looks so lush and wonderful there.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 8:28 am

So incredibly wonderful, the arid desert from one hand and the luxurious forest from the other. Nice inclusion of the Papo kingfisher here, usually collectors would display it in Europe forgoting that they're also present in whole Asia, Australia and north Africa! The platypus river is marvelous and it's a great idea since Tasmania populations of platypus are much more numerous than the mainland ones. I admire a lot the Southlands red kangaroo male, is sooooo perfect!
But, there is also horned lizards in your display??? These are North American...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 10:07 am

These both look brilliant, how great that you've got enough animals to have region-specific displays now, in just a few years there's so much more out there to collect, companies filling gaps with new species, or issuing improved versions. Southlands helped a lot in this respect, I'm sure!

I can't decide which I like best, the colour-matched sand and rocks and backdrop being so evocative of the landscape, or the water with a surface layer to create an underwater habitat option within the display.

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 1:24 pm

Wonderful background for the australian outback and delightful surprise!! some thylacines survived in Tasmania! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 3:16 pm

These displays are also wonderful cheers

Very interesting that you include feral dromedaries Shocked Applause Applause

But most of all I adore your flock of budgies. Very Happy
Some people only know this charming, fun, and beautyful little parakeet from much-much too small cages
They forget that they are acrobatic flyers, and tough survivers, and that they have survived for millions of years in the harsh inland of Australia due to their nomadic lifestyle.
You could not get them a life further from that in a shoebox-size cage with a metal bell to have "fun" with  Suspect  Sad

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 7:03 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I had a lot of fun making these. I think the outback is my favorite Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oops it looks like I accidentally mistook the horned lizards for thorny devils… guess I’ll have to relocate them!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember seeing a documentary about wild budgies and I was amazed when I found out they lived in the harsh conditions in Australia. It was the perfect place for my little flock to reside cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 8:57 pm

What an awesome way to display your figures. I may have to steal some of your ideas :)
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 5:22 pm

You are so good at making these dioramas! Really wonderful! They all are excellent.

Funny thing when I saw your first picture of Australia.
At first glance I thought the cassowary was wearing fluffy slippers!:  Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
At first glance I thought the cassowary was wearing fluffy slippers!:  Laughing

cheers lol!

Froffy slippers tongue

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 5:47 pm

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 1:49 am

Today I completed the last empty shelf on my first bookcase: The Sonoran Desert!

I was really excited to do this area because I didn't have an old display of this region. I took some inspiration from a postage stamp I found:

Also I'm not sure if California condors are/were found in the Sonoran Desert area exactly but this is the only spot I have for them and they are some of my favorites so I added them anyways. Hopefully its not too inaccurate.

Now I have finally completed my first bookcase! I really love how it turned out. I can't choose which one is my favorite  Laughing I have 3 more bookcases in my room so soon I'll start a brand new one!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 1:57 am

Oh wow what an incredible display! You did an amazing job on everyone of them! That is SUCH a cool way to exhibit species and also showcase your talents. Marvelous!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:47 pm

New Jersey... New Jersey... So far alas... I would love to visit your room and discover those wonderful displays in real. It is a real kind of magic Jolie cheers

I must visit New Jersey one day LaughingWink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next