Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*

Go down 
+26
Bloodrayne
thebritfarmer
FlaffyRaptors
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Loon
Ana
jarda
landrover
sunny
George
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Birdsage
Caracal
Pardofelis
widukind
Seeway
lucky luke
spacelab
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Taos
Roger
Joliezac
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:50 pm

My favorite; I grew up in the Sonoran Desert.

California condors are in the Mohave Desert and Great Basin Desert
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 6:11 pm

Joliezac wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WOW! I've enjoyed having a world tour as you've gone through the various habitat shelves one at a time, but seeing them all together is even more impressive. Love it!

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 8:12 pm

Thank you so much everyone! Hopefully I'll find time to start the next bookcase soon Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 8:42 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 9:02 pm

A lot of creativity in this job, congrats. cheers cheers

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 4:36 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 5:19 am

It's been awhile since I've had time to complete another display. Since I finished the last of my college exams yesterday, I thought today would be a great day to start another shelf.

I originally was going to make the theme a typical green American forest. However, while searching for backgrounds I came across a beautiful Autumn scene and it inspired me to change it up Laughing

I used a plastic sheet to make another "pond" with aquatic life below. Then I painted some more fur for grass & painted some dried leaves and crushed them to make smaller ones.

So here is an "American Autumn"! cheers

I particularly liked the flying owls. The Safari great-horned is one of my favorite figures, I was happy to have him flying through the air!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 5:20 am

Very very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 8:19 am

Visiting your wonderful dios is a delightful way to start the day! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 9:10 am

Really beautiful and cleverly created, as always! The switch to autumn was a great idea, it makes the scene stand out from others with a similar habitat, and looks very natural and pretty. The flying owls are my favourite aspect of it, too, but the close-ups down on the ground with the leaves also look effective.

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 6:25 pm

Thank you so much!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 1:36 am

Today I completed another display: The Congo Rainforest! Very Happy

My old Congo display was quite small and cramped, I was never happy with it.

Now I have more room to make a much larger and nicer looking one, and I'm very happy with how it turned out!

Okapis are one of my favorite animals and I love seeing them on this shelf. I also recently got CollectA's bongos and Anna's amazing bongo, so I'm very happy to see them with a home!

I know pygmy hippos aren't found in the Congo but I don't have another shelf to display them in, so I relocated them here

Old display  No

New one! cheers

My Safari gorillas are a bit outdated, so I'm planning on getting Mojo & CollectA's new gorillas. I like them a lot and think they would be great in this display cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 2:34 am

Your displays are awesome! such creativity.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 7:09 am

You could include the red riverhog

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 5:17 pm

Thank you so much!

I have the CollectA red river hog next to the log Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2022 7:50 am

Today I completed 2 new smaller displays, China & Newfoundland!

First up is China.

I needed a display for my giant and red pandas, then I added some other species that also live in the country.

I really like how it turned out and I really like the driftwood "tree" for the red pandas to climb in  Laughing

Next I did a brand new region I hadn't done before, Newfoundland!

I really like puffins, so I needed somewhere for my little Atlantic puffin colony to reside. I decided to make a Newfoundland display along the cliffs and add some other coastal species. Then I added land on both sides and kept the middle open for some orcas to swim through Very Happy

I really love this one, especially since it was a new type of landscape for me to create. The puffins are of course the highlight I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2022 10:01 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2022 4:49 pm

Excellent, I love those puffins!!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:59 am

Thank you so much!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 5:10 am

Today's display was a challenging one, but I was looking forward to trying it out!

I recently completed a jigsaw puzzle that had a beautiful Florida scene with manatees, fish, and a variety of birds. I decided that I was going to use that image as my background. Since the image was half water and half land/sky, I wanted to divide this display into 2 sections accordingly: Above & below the water.

So I purchased 3 glass sheets to place together to separate the top of the water from below. Then I added driftwood to mimic roots & waterlogged trees.

I added my manatee family along with a small pod of bottlenose dolphins & some bull sharks below the water. Of course I had to add some seagrass for the hungry manatees Laughing Then above are a variety of birds and some alligators skimming the surface of the water. I included some invasive species as well that are often seen in Florida.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 10:49 am

Very nice

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 1:54 pm

I'm amazed with your displays. You even show the most famous feature of Florida: invasive species from the Old World like the veiled chameleons Very Happy tough these didn't arrived yet when ivory-bills were still alive!

(But, hedgehogs invaded North America too?)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 2:15 pm

these are very nice; are they all 'permanent' displays, or do you disassemble them and make new ones for each set of pics? Or, are they permanent displays in your home?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:18 pm

Thank you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have four bookcases in my room, so each diorama is on a different shelf. So they are all permanent Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:25 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have four bookcases in my room, so each diorama is on a different shelf. So they are all permanent Very Happy

Wow, that must look lovely as an entire presentation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next