Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 11:22 am

Really wonderful figures here, and it would definitely be amazing to complete them one day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 5:52 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you! Do you mean this one?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy Yes now I see it well, it's a Safari one I think, thank you Paige!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 11:31 pm

There is a lot of realism in these figures.

Nice colors too. Congrats sunny sunny

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 am

Thank you so much everyone! 

The last group! My other childhood interest was fantasy of course, and their bayala series is (in my opinion) not what it was from then. On occasion I still grab a new fantasy model but for the most part my budget goes to more modern species these days.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just like with the knights, I LOVE the fairy horses... not so much the riders...

And a pair of carousel horses from my grandmother's collection.

I need to rearrange some of these model's displays and I don't think I will have the time or energy to do it and post them here before Christmas... so stay tuned. I may have new additions to post soon though!! So check that topic out when I get around to it.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 10:32 am

I love Schleich's fantasy models too, especially the older ones because they feel more realistic to what a fantasy animal/ creature should be- more natural! I adore all those beautiful dragons, especially the white one! Very Happy
I've really enjoyed this topic and sad that it's over, but will really look forward to watching your collection develop even more over the next few years! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 10:43 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Roger, that is an old Schleich Mini marmot (I think?...).

Thanks, yes, it looks like a marmot.

Of the latest figures you have posted here, I think the Schleich Wild West series is particularly beautiful. The knights too.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 3:58 am

What an enjoyable journey it's been! cheers

Like Lilias, some of the older Schleich fantasy (dragons for me)were beautiful pieces with a realism (if that can be said of a fantasy creature) that was delightful. The original Antylar, Faraun and hatchling Nugur were masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 9:04 am

Thanks for the ride Paige, I think it was the 3rd time for me, always exciting!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 11:43 am

The last batches aren't my kind of stuff but this part of your collection is not less impressive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 9:48 pm

So many cool models! I love your North American small mammals especially. The skunks, the wolverines, the weasels, the armadillos!! I feel like these are critters I personally just haven't seen as much in plastic, it's very cool to see how many there really are. Your collection really does span such a broad scope, you've got a little of everything, and it's amazing to "walk" through it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 4:39 am

Thank you so much all! 

Here are my displays finally finished and moved. Most of the last batch live in storage, so just a few of the odds and ends still see daylight.

And then I also forgot to photograph my fossils/skulls group but here they are!

I will be presenting my entire collection displays as a whole on New Year's Eve.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:32 am

Cool stuff again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 pm

You win more space with the shelves on the wall.

Very nice , congrats. sunny

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 8:38 am

Smile Applause Applause Applause cheers sunny Cool
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 3:17 pm

Thank you Andreas, Fernando, and Luke!

Lastly, as promised, here is a turn about the room to see all my bookcases together. The room they are in is in the basement hence why lighting can be a problem. These displays run the back wall and one shorter side and simply fit wherever I could get them to. :) A few models are missing as I was taking photos or because I haven't taken my nativity set down but this is generally what they all look like.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 3:30 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 6:07 pm

Your collection is really fascinating.... Applause Applause

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 7:06 pm

Fantastic, and how lucky to have a room to house your collection without having to share space with cupboards or wardrobes or beds (I wish houses had basements here! Laughing ). Really nice to see the entire layout, and how good the various parts of your collection all look on their shelves.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 7:10 pm

Great way to finish the year seeing your fabulous collection in its entirety.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 8:36 pm

Thank you everyone! This room is our "family room" with couches and an entertainment center etc., I just moved them for my photos. Wink The room doesn't get much use anymore besides by me, and its cool down there and a larger room so my shelves have space to slowly encircle it. Only downside would be the odd few insects who hide on the lower shelves. I use cotton balls with a few drops of peppermint oil on them around the room to try to keep the critters away. When I stay up on it it works well. :)

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 11:27 pm

It all looks incredible together! Applause What an ecosystem! I really love that skulls displays as well, what an interesting addition to a collection of animal figures. It really does feel like a museum in that way.
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 10:01 am

I´m a little bit late to the party, but I can just repeat: What an amazing collection Very Happy And thank you for this amazing journey :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm

Absolutely stunning, all those dogs! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:11 pm

Thank you for the visit Paige, it is great Very Happy

unfortunately for me, my cats would love to play in such open displays affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next