Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*

Go down 
+29
sunny
Shanti
Saien
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Duck-Anch-Amun
thebritfarmer
Ana
Gecko08
Jill
Chris Sweetman
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
Loon
SUSANNE
costicuba
Caracal
Pardofelis
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
George
widukind
spacelab
Joliezac
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 2:14 pm

Amazing set and gorgeous photos cheers

I have it also, and love it very much.

Laughing Did the old ones stand in the sun ?

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Really nice triggerfish, but made all the more so by how much you hoped to get hold of it one day! Those most-wanted additions are always the most satisfying.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 3:43 pm

Congratulations on the set! And that ray is gorgeous too. Really great newcomers!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 10:06 pm

Last night a very special package arrived from Germany: 3 salamanders from Safari's Tennessee Aquarium Collection!

I've been trying to complete the whole set for a couple of years because I love these salamanders so much. They are really unique and perfectly capture Safari's older style. I already had the crested newt, red salamander, and marbled salamander, and a few weeks ago I was able to get these 3!

The fire salamander, Yonahlossee salamander, and green salamander!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The biggest salamander in the set is this wonderful fire salamander! I absolutely adore this model it looks so realistic with its shiny skin and textured folds. These salamanders have the cutest faces.

The green salamander is the thinnest and most delicate but has such a beautiful pattern along the back and I love the brightly colored eyes!

The Yonahlossee salamander is also very cute and I like the coloration.

Now I just need the large mudpuppy to complete the set and I'm so happy to have found these so far. I think my favorites are the fire salamander & crested newt, they're such amazing sculpts!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 10:21 pm

Amazing!!! What a beautiful set!! Congratulations on getting so close to finishing them. They are really incredible!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 11:07 pm

You achieved the traditional stage, most collectors can get those and then there is a torture to get the mudpupy. I still miss half of them but I really love this series and I should put more effort to try to find the missing ones.
I suggest the red-cheeked salamander - it is not from the same series but it is the same design and lifesized scale.
Curiously, I also love the fire salamander, I have it and I also find this figure extremly realistic and quite impressive. I have the larger and smaller Bullyland but the Safari model is much nicer.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 11:13 pm

Roger wrote:
You achieved the traditional stage, most collectors can get those and then there is a torture to get the mudpupy. I still miss half of them but I really love this series and I should put more effort to try to find the missing ones.
I suggest the red-cheeked salamander - it is not from the same series but it is the same design and lifesized scale.
Curiously, I also love the fire salamander, I have it and I also find this figure extremly realistic and quite impressive. I have the larger and smaller Bullyland but the Safari model is much nicer.

I don't think I've ever seen the mudpuppy on eBay or anywhere else so it will probably take me a very long time to find one, but I'm always on the lookout! I actually have the red-cheeked salamander and its a great model!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 11:20 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Roger wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen the mudpuppy on eBay or anywhere else so it will probably take me a very long time to find one, but I'm always on the lookout! I actually have the red-cheeked salamander and its a great model!

I don't know why the mudpuppy is such a rare model, theorically it should be as common as all others . I hope you're lucky. I'm glad to know you have the other salamander.

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 11:41 pm

Congratulations on the find, salamanders are rare in toy form from companies like Safari.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 12:02 am

My favourite is The Yonahlossee salamander. Applause Applause

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 8:59 am

Big congratulations Jolie Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 9:34 am

These salamanders are among the monuments of Safari's production cheers

An big congratulations with your wonderful flock flower

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 10:16 am

They're spectacular, lovely detail and such great paintwork compared to a lot of figures, they really are something special and I can see why you wanted them so much. Best of luck completing the set!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 12:03 pm

A rare catch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 11:03 pm

Thank you so much everyone!

Huge thank you to Stecal for selling me two very wanted figures made by Anna, the terrific takin and unbelievable bongo!!

Like many of the forum members I'm a huge fan of Anna's work but I unfortunately missed out on her figures since I was just a kid when she was selling copies. So when I saw these available for sale I just had to get them!

My friend always talked about Anna's takin and always wanted one so I sent her the takin as a surprise gift, but of course I took some photos first Wink

A beautifully detailed figure!! I waited until she received the takin before posting this topic because I didn't want her to see it by some slim chance, so finally I can post some pictures Very Happy

Then of course the gorgeous bongo that I kept for myself  I love you I now know why everyone was so excited for this model its really beautiful! I have a small bongo family now and I can't wait to add them to a Congo forest display in the future. Most of you have already seen extensive photos of this figure so here is just a few, I couldn't resist  I love you  I love you

I'm really grateful to have these in my collection after all these years so again thank you Stecal so much!! My friend and I loved these  Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 11:33 pm

I am so glad that you could find those for your collection and also for your friend's collection. These figures are emblematic. They represent the huge talent of a sculptor that started this hobby as a forum collector and member and now is the author of several figures from a toy company.
Oh, it is a very generous gesture from you sending the takin to your friend and preserving it as a surprise until the last minute.
It is always sad when a collector like Steve with so many years in this hobby decides to sell his models but those things happen, it is natural, Willy also sold his figures and it could happen with any of us. Though, when they find the joy of another collector, it is not sad anymore. Steve enjoyed them, took good care of these beautiful figures and now you and your friend herited this joy.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 6:03 am

That's extremely kind from your side! Your friend will be irradiating happiness now! :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 7:23 am

Wonderful figures you got. The Anna Takin was the first homemade figure that i have ever see. Here on STS. And i was lucky to get one kf the masterpiece.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 4:29 pm

Yay, I'm happy to see you were able to find them! And how amazing that takin will be a gift Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 11:06 pm

I missed the salamanders, a little treasure! cheers cheers and now these two wonderful models, a big treasure!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 11:29 pm

Thank you so much everyone! My friend almost cried from happiness when she opened up her takin in the mail so I'm very glad I was able to get it for her. As for me I can't wait to take some outdoor photos with the bongo this spring/summer Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 1:27 am

Wow those are absolutely stunning sculptures!! Congrats and I am glad your friend loved the takin so much! I can see why she would.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 3:27 am

Splendid figures Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 8:12 am

Two stars in your and your friend's homes cheers

Imagine, that I, who have been interested in animals all my life, did not know of either species before Anna made these two affraid Embarassed

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 5:13 am

Lots of wonderful figures arrived in my collection today!

I got the Colorata Reef Fish set, some Papo figures, a few old Bullyland models, and a wonderful repaint from my friend!

Checked off a few more Papo off my list, I was really excited to get these figures Laughing bounce

I had a hard time choosing between Safari & Papo's white-tailed deer, but I ultimately chose Papo's because I liked the darker brown coloration and thought the trio would fit well with my CollectA buck. I already have lots of "orange" Schleich deer but maybe I'll eventually get Safari's  Razz

Sadly the doe was out of stock but I adore the buck and fawn! He's a bit larger than CollectA's but they look good together as I hoped.

Of course I had to grab another reptile, I love Texas horned lizards and this one is wonderful! It looks great with my Safari IC one  I love you

Then the running cheetah came back in stock so I had to grab it. I'm not a huge fan of the face but I really love the pose, we just need a running gazelle now  Laughing

Then Papo's young Nile crocodile. This model was much better looking than I thought it would be, I love it! I placed him with the adult in my African watering hole shelf

I adored the pose of the seal and I really love the model overall. I think it looks great with my other pinnipeds!

I really enjoyed the idea of a small bendable snake, so I got Papo's bendable rattlesnake! I think it looks great and I can't wait to add it to my Sonoran Desert display I have planned. Here it is with Schleich's rattlesnake and Safari's gila monster  Laughing  

Papo's crustaceans have blown me away lately so I had to go back and grab their crab! Its a lovely model

For some reason I thought Papo's piranha was large, when I found out otherwise I had to get it for my Amazon display! A little pal for Safari's IC piranha to hang with

I was very happy to find Bullyland's old raven! I had been looking for this model and I think it looks great with my Safari & Schleich one, I have the perfect trio now  Laughing I also like how the wings are outstretched a bit for a more unique pose.

The same seller had some Bullyland fish and I couldn't resist, I especially love the longhorn cowfish  I love you  I love you

Here they are with one of my favorite fish models: CollectA's yellow boxfish

Lastly the seller also had the Safari lop rabbit that I used to own so I grabbed this little guy and I'm happy to have him back in my collection with all my other rabbits!

My friend repainted Southlands' Brumbies for me and I received the mare today! Now I have Spirit & his mother, Esperanza  I love you She just did a few touch-ups but I love her nonetheless!

Before:

After:

I did a big walkaround for the Colorata fish so if you are interested in seeing those you can here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next