Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*

Go down 
+29
sunny
Shanti
Saien
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Duck-Anch-Amun
thebritfarmer
Ana
Gecko08
Jill
Chris Sweetman
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
Loon
SUSANNE
costicuba
Caracal
Pardofelis
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
George
widukind
spacelab
Joliezac
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 7:10 am

Great choice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 7:24 am

Wonderful additions, the cheetah is so dynamic and the Papo seal is one of the best seals in the market with this very "sealish" posture and the open mouth :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Fantastic additions. I enjoy to see a young collector like you so interested in those Bullyland birds. I also have them but they are often ignored in most of the collecting boards. They were very popular when they were released but now with so many good bird figures around, they ended a little forgoten.
Interesting choice about the Papo white-tail. You have a running gazelle from PNSO, I don't have it but it looks a very cool model. Actually, some of the PNSO African set figures have very dynamic poses, cheetah included.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 10:39 am

The seal is really charming, the expression is one of those 'naturally cute so no need to exaggerate it' things, I think!

I've always thought Papo's big cats are let down badly by their paintwork, the sculpts are detailed, accurate in terms of anatomy and resembling species well, and in poses which really typify the animal and it's behaviour.
But the catalogue photos show the artist prototype for each one, with well-applied paintwork which flatters the sculpt and includes a level of detail and shading and accuracy which just doesn't happen when the models reach the factory floor. I mean, I'm not expecting the production line staff to do individual custom-artist quality work, their job is specifically designed to do a quick efficient job to turn out as many as possible, cheaply and with a less delicate finish so they stand up to play. But the unfair part is how the company don't take a photo of a production model to use in their catalogue and promotion, so nobody ever gets one which looks like it was advertised.
So I can understand why you feel a bit disappointed with the cheetah's face, it's not as well done as we were 'promised' by the photo, and I've thought the same about the various different Papo lions and tigers I've seen, too - great sculpts, paintwork not as illustrated! Laughing

And the fish are amazing, I'm going to read through the walkaround topic in a bit!

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2022 5:11 am

After a journey overseas, today a special package of Schleich & Signatus Studios figures arrived! cheers cheers

Big thanks to tonihan24 for selling me these wonderful additions to my collection Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First off is Schleich's charming Przewalski's horse  cheers I really love this model and have been wanting it for quite some time. I'm very happy to now have a small herd of these wild horses. My friend repainted Southlands Replicas brumby foal into a Przewalski's foal, so now I have a nice little group! I'm planning on making a Mongolian steppe/plain diorama for these guys.

Another highly anticipated figure, the European bison or wisent! I don't have this species in my collection and hoped to get the Bullyland & Schleich someday. Now I have the fabulous Schleich model, and he is stunning! I love this model, it tends to get overlooked with more American bisons on the market. So right now he is one of a kind in my collection  Laughing  Laughing I'll soon include him in a nice European forest.

I don't have much farm life, so I thought a domestic goose would be a nice addition. I love the old Schleich charm of this model  I love you

The grouse was very wanted for me since its yet another species I don't have in my collection. I love Schleich's birds, and like the goose this one has that older charm to it that I love. Another species for a European forest.

Then the last Schleich whale I was looking for, the right whale! This figure is painted very nicely and the Schleich whales I have a special attachment to. Here he is joined with a Safari pal.

I love squirrels, especially red ones. I love the sculpt on this model. Its painted very nicely and is just so cute chewing on an acorn. Had to get him to join my other Schleich squirrels.

I really liked how this mallard appeared to be swimming, I added it to my American woods display on top of the glass lake and the effect looks pretty realistic! I'll have to keep an eye out for the male now to join her for a swim on the lake  Laughing

I have a bit of a rabbit obession, so I figured I should get some more hares for some open meadows or forest displays. I love the charm of this one!

I don't have too many Bullyland figures, but I really love many of their models. They are just very hard for me to track down sometimes. I loved this fire salamander so much. Its very cute and I love the pose. Here it is with my Safari!

Iguanas are always a welcome in my collection. I got Schleich's iguana for this year and I have been looking forward to tracking down their older one. It's nice to compare the two and see how styles have changed. Despite me usually liking older Schleich, I actually adore both models. The classic green of the old one, and the new fresh colors of the new one are a nice combination. And of course with my favorite, the Safari green iguana:

The boa constrictor was quite lovely as well. I'm not hugely into snakes but it shouldn't stop me from getting more. It pairs very nicely with Schleich's more recent boa.

Mojo's pangolin was on my list of figures to acquire, and this model was better than I thought it would be! The details and paintwork are very good, one of Mojo's better works. And nice to have an Indian pangolin to differ from my Schleich giant one or Yowie Chinese one.

And Schleich's beautiful older white stork. It's very interesting to see how they have changed over the years, I now have 3 different Schleich storks from different years. They are all quite lovely together.

Then I got 2 more models by Signatus Studio, the female waterbuck and cinereous vulture! After getting the male bharal, I really wanted to get more of his figures. So I was very happy to get the chance to grab these two wonderful species.

The female waterbuck is absolutely gorgeous, I can't say enough about it! She pairs up perfectly with the male from CollectA (if I remember right she was made to go with the CollectA one specifically). Her delicate hooves and legs are incredibly realistic, and she has the cutest face. I'm very happy to have her in my collection. She will soon join the male on my African savanna  cheers  I love you

Then the stunning cinereous vulture! This vulture is so stunning, I love the sculpt work on the feathers around the neck, it looks like they are being blown in the wind. Another species I didn't have in my collection. I love birds of prey and vultures are always fun to have. I also love the size of this model, I placed it on my Himalayas shelf to reside in  Laughing Even the rock it stands on is painted beautifully!

Here it is with some of my other favorite vulture models, the Bullyland lammergeier (one of my favorite bird species), and the Epoch Egyptian vulture  cheers

I loved opening all these wonderful models! Hopefully I will have more time this week to work on some more dioramas. Most of these need a better home than a plain shelf  Wink

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2022 5:37 am

Congratulations! Each one is a lovely stunning piece.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2022 1:27 pm

It is fantastic that you are retrieving some of those old Schleich. Most of them are emblematic models and probably today is not easy to understand why Schleich is so huge when most of the other brands are probably doing better. Those generations of Schleich models were really good with interesting species, an unbeatable finish quality and the most impressive is their design, mixing realism with a subtle toyish attractiveness which worked for most of the animals. I surely love the wisent and you'll enjoy the Bullyland model too since they work nicely together and they're both good on its own way.
European bisons are not that known even among European citizens. Probably they're relatively popular in Poland and contiguous countries but in Portugal when we mention the word bison, we always think about the American beast. So, it is really nice that we can get a few wisents, they're not as impressive as the American counterparts but they're beautiful animals. I believe you don't collect composition figures but the Lineol model also worth a try.
Nice to see the Bullyland fire salamander, it is a nice model, I also have it, though, it is not exactly comparable with the ultra realistic Safari version. Nevertheless, we love it anyway.
As a last note, those figures from Miguel are blessed sculptures. Miguel has the ability of sculpting with precision, his replicas are always very realistic but, he also gives a vibrant and artistic expression to the sculpts and they're pieces of art in its full definitiion.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2022 2:00 pm

This batch is ever so gorgeous cheers

I agree with Roger : It is such a joy to see these older Schleich models again !!!
10 years ago people were falling over each other to get them,but now we have such a huge choice, that it has become rare to see them.
And it is such a shame, because they have all the charm that made parents start collecting when they saw what the children got Laughing

And we sometimes forget that Bullyland has made wonderful collections of birds of pray, and of various cribly-crawlies .Wink

The models from Signatus are, of course , in a completely different league ! WOW affraid

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2022 2:41 pm

Wonderful and real treasures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Many wonderful and beautiful additions! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 5:05 pm

After over a month of waiting, my Eofauna diplodocus & konobeladon arrived! I'm not sure why they took so many weeks to arrive, but it was worth the wait nonetheless!

I also acquired some very wanted Schleich Bayala figures: The grizzly & Cape porcupine! Laughing

Then, as a complete surprise, my uncle got me Nanmu Studio's awesome mosasaurus from Jurassic World affraid

I really love some of the unique Bayala animals in that line. They're always hard to find though since they were only produced for a couple of years. I really wanted the porcupine because it's the only Cape porcupine out there, and by far the best porcupine model in my opinion. Luckily I found an eBay lot which these 2 in it, and I was able to give some of the other things in the lot to my friend.

I just love the details on this grizzly. Probably my favorite grizzly bear model ever. It's also considerably bigger than my other grizzlies so its certainly an intimidating foe  What a Face

Then the absolutely stunning Diplodocus!!  affraid I knew this was going to be a large figure. But it still surprised me when I opened it up! I really can't praise Eofauna enough. Their models are so detailed and realistic, and so reasonably priced! I really hope they continue to make figures for many years to come!

Then the konobeladon! Another gorgeous Proboscidean from Eofauna! I think the diplodocus trumps this model but I really adore both. I can't wait to take some outdoor photos. Although it will be difficult with the diplodocus because of its size.

I have every Eofauna model now and I eagerly await for more, if I can make the space...  Laughing

Then a complete surprise... the Nanmu Studios mosasaurus!

I've always been a huge fan of the Jurassic Park series. I really enjoy collecting both scientific prehistoric models, and JP styled ones. This is my 2nd Nanmu model and I am always amazed by the detail of their figures. I'm so glad to have the infamous mosasaurus in my collection. Its very large too, although still dwarfed by the blue whale  Laughing

I would love it if a company would produce some Prehistoric Planet inspired dinosaurs. Although I would surely run out of space and money if that happened  Shocked

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 5:22 pm

Jolie, what an epic package! I love all of your additions and pictures too! Very Happy
This is also may favorite porcupine figure. This Diplodocus is probably one of the models with the best Price/quality ratio.
Konobelodon is unmissable, one of my two Eofauna models.
I am completely impressed with the Nanmu Studios mosasaurus . It has a terrific design. That crocodile like smile is amazing and the whole aestetic sense of the model is fabulous.

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 5:27 pm

Awesome additions to your collection! I look forward to seeing a Dino related shelf set up :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 5:50 pm

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you so much! There are many high quality prehistoric models out there, but so many are just too expensive. I really hope Eofauna sticks to this price range, their figures are probably the best quality for what you pay.

Dinosaurs will probably be my final display. I’m still trying to think of ideas since I have quite a few of them. I was thinking of doing one massive long display (since they are on top of my bookshelves) and going in order of the time periods with dinosaurs/prehistoric mammals in their respective places.

May run out of room though so I’ll have to wait and see!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 7:18 pm

That sound like a great idea! an evolution timeline :)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 4:15 am

Today a very special figure arrived, my 3rd Nanmu Studios figure, the Lost World inspired bull tyrannosaurus rex!

I've always loved dinosaurs and was introduced to them via Jurassic Park & Walking With Dinosaurs. There are so many different brands and species, and since dinosaurs are typically more expensive, I have to choose which ones I want carefully. I've decided to focus more on quantity rather than quality. This will help me to save more room.

When this rex was announced I was so hyped for it, and now its in my hands cheers Laughing

I was just blown away by the details on this figure, he is gorgeous and the details are impeccable. I'm in dino fever right now with the recent release of Prehistoric Planet and Jurassic World: Dominion Razz

I plan on taking him and some other figures for a photoshoot tomorrow

Here he is with Papo's running green t-rex and juvenile

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 7:10 am

He looks fantastic, what a great addition to your collection!
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 11:51 am

Congratulations on the Nanmu tyrannosaurus. I've always been partial to the TLW design (something about the slime green and the big throat pouch), and I'm happy Nanmu finally gave it a dedicated figure. I got my friend Nick the repaint of the original Tyrannosaurus and it's nice, but not right exactly. This one is such an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 2:44 pm

Since you're getting out of room, it is a wise decision to put your focus in excellent models like this one instead of having many average quality figures of the same animal. When we don't have space, the collecting hobby turns into a problem and it is not as enjoyable as before. Very beautiful model, thanks for sharing.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 5:17 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 4:33 am

Thank you everyone!

I'm glad I didn't get their previous repaint of the rex because this one is much better. I really hope they will make another rex of this quality with a more upright stance and portrayed after "Rexy". I don't know if they have a model of her yet, at least not a spectacular one.

I was very excited when they announced a limited edition Rexy paint scheme, but then saw that it was just a repaint of this figure which didn't seem right considering this one was modeled after the male. Hopefully in the future we will get a classic Rexy.

Extant wildlife is my primary focus in collecting, so I have little room for dinosaurs. Sticking to just the high quality figures for now will help me to not run out of space as quickly. Although there are some more Papo I'd like Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 4:50 am

What a stunner!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 12:05 pm

Joliezac wrote:

Extant wildlife is my primary focus in collecting, so I have little room for dinosaurs. Sticking to just the high quality figures for now will help me to not run out of space as quickly. Although there are some more Papo I'd like Laughing

Laughing It doesn't matter how many new brands join the game, Papo prehistoric figures will always have a special seduction power.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 am

Here is the result of a recent Minizoo order! I grabbed 5 of the new 2022 figures along with some older Mojo I've been meaning to get Laughing

Although the warthog is a bit larger than my Schleich ones, I thought Mojo did an excellent job with this figure and I couldn't resist  Razz Really love the look of this guy, I can't wait to take outdoor photos.

The only gorillas I had were Safari's very old models, so I figured I should get some more realistic ones for my Congo display. I really love these ones from Mojo. I was very pleased with both, especially the female. I will have to get CollectA's baby gorilla to complete the family  Very Happy

I heard lots of praise surrounding Mojo's hyena, so I decided to add a new member to the clan. I can see why most members like this model, its lovely! I have a very fine hyena clan now  Laughing

I didn't have any baby rhinos, I LOVED this little guy. The pose was so unique and its such an adorable and chubby figure.

Then the 2022 figures:
I did some reviews/walkarounds with comparisons [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you are interested  Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th* - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's New Additions: Papo, Schleich & Toymany! *Sept. 4th*
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next