Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB

Go down 
+32
thebritfarmer
burton70
Concavenator
Taos
Bloodrayne
FlaffyRaptors
Leyster
Shanti
Kikimalou
sphyrna18
Stripedhyena
Deanmo19
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
Roger
rogerpgvg
aschuck
George
endogenylove
Gecko08
LukaLeon085
lucky luke
widukind
Loon
Burgerenby
MansoBoricua
bmathison1972
Joliezac
shadoweon
Saarlooswolfhound
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 12:07 am

The Crested Gecko is wonderful, though it looks to be a Red Patternless (captive bred morph) Crested Gecko as opposed to a wild crested gecko.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And here is a wild crested gecko.
It’s going to be $13.99 and be 5.5 inches long. I’m still buying it. But it’s a shame that the agama is a repaint of the bearded dragon.

And here’s the Patagotitan

Cost: $29.99
Size: 16 inches
Scale: ~1:60

I think the head is a bit blocky, but I’d rather have it be like this than shrink-rapped. Also for me the cost and size is perfect. Very excited.

Here is the chalk photo from earlier, meaning that the chalks were bigger than previously thought.

Resembles this reconstruction, so there's that.

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 12:22 am

The Mwanza Flat-Headed Rock Agama[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 12:33 am

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 5:45 pm

The only bad thing about the Agama is that it’s a repaint of the Bearded Dragon, but it still looks like the real thing,

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 5:47 pm

I like the lizards

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 5:53 pm

This is certainly going to be a fun year for my collection. Also is the op going to add the new images of the figures to the first post?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 7:23 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
This is certainly going to be a fun year for my collection. Also is the op going to add the new images of the figures to the first post?

Pictures are added to the first post but as far as I know we don't have them all.
It was good if the starters of this kind of topics updated the first post.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 10:56 pm

Apparently more reveals will happen throughout the year, so I don’t believe we have everything that’s going to be released this year, but we should have images for the figures that we have images for.

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 11:56 pm

Roger wrote:
Gecko08 wrote:

Pictures are added to the first post but as far as I know we don't have them all.

Feel free to add my post. Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 11:57 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Gecko08 wrote:

Feel free to add my post. Wink

Laughing

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 12:49 am

Gecko08 wrote:
The Crested Gecko is wonderful, though it looks to be a Red Patternless (captive bred morph) Crested Gecko as opposed to a wild crested gecko.

That gecko is really nicely done, look how the eyes are beautifully painted!
But much like some CollectA's new horse releases, I can't help but worry it's too good to be true : is this the artist's prototype model photographed, rather than a piece from the production run? It'll be very interesting to see more photos, from retailers or collectors, once the stock arrives in-hand.

Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 1:21 am

Oftentimes Safari figures look better in person than in the white background images but I don’t know how it could be much better than this, as it looks like the real thing.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 1:25 am

I agree with Haydn, often Safari's figures look almost exactly like the stock photo or sometimes even better.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 1:39 am

Joliezac wrote:
I agree with Haydn, often Safari's figures look almost exactly like the stock photo or sometimes even better.

That's because Safari actually shares photos of the finished toy, and not a prototype or doctored image!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 3:18 am

New image dropped.

Is it just me, or does the skull look better from the back angle from the outside shot than it does from a close up or side view?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 3:54 am

I think this is just the angle it is at Haydn. But who knows? Hopedully we can get some new models in hand soon enough.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 8:07 pm

Also an employee from Safari on a separate forum confirmed that there will be more releases throughout the year, so we have a lot to look forward too.

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Sounds good. I hope for an amored Stegosaurus. ^^

Country/State : United States/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:39 pm

I understand. Plus, I do hope for XL models of a red kangaroo, ostrich, and snow leopard.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 8:48 pm

A major controversy on the Safari Patagotitan is its neck, and while big titanosaurs probably held their necks at a higher posture, that's not to say the Patagotitan didn't or never position its neck like the figure shows. I will do the wise thing and save my final judgment until I have it in hand.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 4:08 pm

Andy has released a wonderful review of the Patagotitan that he received early from Safari.

Here it is if anyone is interested! I won't be getting this model but I think it is very well done Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 4:39 pm

Thanks Jolie, what a weird feeling. I watched a video about a beautiful Patagotitan and ended with the impression that I should have bought that Safari Diplodocus when it was easily available. Laughing

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 8:38 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Jolie, what a weird feeling. I watched a video about a beautiful Patagotitan and ended with the impression that I should have bought that Safari Diplodocus when it was easily available. Laughing

After watching the video I thought the same thing! That diplodocus really is huge and beautiful, but now its hard to find/expensive. I can't wait to get Eofauna's though Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 8:45 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Roger wrote:

After watching the video I thought the same thing! That diplodocus really is huge and beautiful, but now its hard to find/expensive. I can't wait to get Eofauna's though Very Happy

Yes, the Eofauna is really beautiful and we already know that it is excellent since it is an Eofauna. It is also easy to see a connection between both models, more than a simple Carnegie thing.

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 10:57 pm

Has anybody the size of the Patagotitan in centimeters?

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next