Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB

Go down 
+32
thebritfarmer
burton70
Concavenator
Taos
Bloodrayne
FlaffyRaptors
Leyster
Shanti
Kikimalou
sphyrna18
Stripedhyena
Deanmo19
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
Roger
rogerpgvg
aschuck
George
endogenylove
Gecko08
LukaLeon085
lucky luke
widukind
Loon
Burgerenby
MansoBoricua
bmathison1972
Joliezac
shadoweon
Saarlooswolfhound
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 11:45 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Has anybody the size of the Patagotitan in centimeters?

You can see it on this video shared here, though, the length of the figure is 41 cm.

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 4:19 pm

Hopefully Safari will release the Crested Gecko, as I have a couple of other items from their site I’d like to buy, but don’t want to make several back to back orders.

Meanwhile, here’s a comparison shot of the Patagotitan from DTF
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 4:46 pm

I'm really excited to get the crestie so hopefully they release that soon. I also can't wait to see photos of the salmon shark and possibly other figures that haven't been announced. We will have to wait and see!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 10:20 pm

Thank you.
Seems to be not really bigger than the Malawisaurus. Where are the big dinosaurs from earlier times?

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 10:48 pm

Well, a dinosaur figure that’s big (which that in itself depends on your perspective. for ex. I’ve seen people refer to a 12 in figure as “big”) would take a lot of money to manufacture and would sell for a larger amount than a “smaller” figure. I assume you’re mentioning the large sauropods of the Carnegie Collection, but Safari just endured a worldwide pandemic and isn’t in the same financial state that it was in any year pre-2020. Also because there’s less of a demand for an entire line of dinosaurs to be in the same scale.

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: More news for Safari 2022   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 9:47 pm

Hey guys,

I heard from safari the other day that they're doing a re-vamped halloween and christmas toobs. Just wanted to let you all know because for some people, that's so cool. For me, not so much. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 11:10 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
Well, a dinosaur figure that’s big (which that in itself depends on your perspective. for ex. I’ve seen people refer to a 12 in figure as “big”) would take a lot of money to manufacture and would sell for a larger amount than a “smaller” figure. I assume you’re mentioning the large sauropods of the Carnegie Collection, but Safari just endured a worldwide pandemic and isn’t in the same financial state that it was in any year pre-2020. Also because there’s less of a demand for an entire line of dinosaurs to be in the same scale.

Better a big expensive dinosaur, than a SMALL AND EXPENSIVE dinosaur. Wink

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 3:20 pm

Safari announces 4 new figures!

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 3:22 pm

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 3:32 pm

This alligator is very cute. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 4:01 pm

Awww what an adorable baby gator!! I assume its part of their Incredible Creatures line? I wonder if the other 3 figures they will be announcing are ones we already know such as the salmon shark & Asia toob. I wonder what the 3rd one could be scratch

Can't wait to see! I hope they release the crested gecko soon too bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 4:04 pm

I believe it is possible that they announced the figures we knew were coming from the Spielzeug Günstig article because from what I’ve heard from Safari employees on other forums, that article was a leak. If I’m right then the other 3 are the Twilight Unicorn, Salmon Shark, and New Feathered rex repaint. But we didn’t know about the Baby Alligator from the leaked article, so take that as you will.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
I believe it is possible that they announced the figures we knew were coming from the Spielzeug Günstig article because from what I’ve heard from Safari employees on other forums, that article was a leak. If I’m right then the other 3 are the Twilight Unicorn, Salmon Shark, and New Feathered rex repaint. But we didn’t know about the Baby Alligator from the leaked article, so take that as you will.

I forgot about the twilight unicorn!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 5:50 pm

bounce Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 6:27 pm

What a lovely baby I love you

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 8:45 pm

I am glad Safari keeps updating the North American fauna series.
Some information from the official website.

The Alligator Baby figure is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection.
Size: This gator baby toy measures approximately 4 1/2 inches long and just under 2 1/2 inches wide.
Scientific Name: Alligator mississippiensis

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 11:38 pm

Oh its smaller than I originally thought! I'm glad they are updating their North America wildlife too, thanks for the info cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 2:58 am

You're welcome Jolie, part of the update represents also a few retirements to the North American series. Namely:

American badger

Gila Monster

Peccary

Pronghorn (again) Wink

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:17 am

A shame to see these figures go, they're great! I didn't know the peccary and badger were now discontinued. Luckily I have all these Very Happy Is there a way to find out if anything else is now discontinued from other series? Usually I could tell by seeing if it was on sale but it seems that they don't do that anymore. I still have a handful of Safari figures I need and I don't wanna miss out on any.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 2:27 pm

Joliezac wrote:
A shame to see these figures go, they're great! I didn't know the peccary and badger were now discontinued. Luckily I have all these Very Happy Is there a way to find out if anything else is now discontinued from other series? Usually I could tell by seeing if it was on sale but it seems that they don't do that anymore. I still have a handful of Safari figures I need and I don't wanna miss out on any.

The range is too long to check all figures retired but you can find the 2022 catalogue here.
Remember Safari was not providing a new catalogue since 2019.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:24 pm

Thank you Roger! I'm glad to see they have a catalogue this year sunny

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 4:33 pm

I suspect that catalogue is not the final version and it will be updated as more 2022 items are announced.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 4:38 pm

I went through the 2019 catalogue and compared it with the new 2022 one. I will make a post with all the discontinued figures

Animal Ark Website

Last edited by Joliezac on Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 4:59 pm

I am quite lost regarding Safari... Along with Papo is one of my favorite brands in terms of contemporary big companies... I see that they have been releasing only a handful of somewhat random figures....
Is a new catalog expected for this year? No information?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 pm

I don't think we will have another catalogue for 2022 even if the alligator baby is not in this one. Brands always release new figures in several different moments of the year but they usually announce all of them together. That is what I think that changed in Safari's approach, we will have the figures being announced during the rest of the year but probably they will only enter the 2023 catalogue considering it will be released. It will put our focus on Safari official website that is also an online shop. @Jolie, thanks for providing the list of retired figures. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next