Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*

Go down 
+38
jarda
Nasreddin
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 12:19 pm

Safari fennec is really beautiful, much nicer than the standard version and even the size may work better with other standard sized figures. I hope to get it someday.
I also enjoy the subject of this tube. Safari had released a new world desert tube before and now an African one to avoid being repetitive. I'm hoping someday they release an Asian desert TOOB too. When you have time, please provide pictures for TAW, I'd be glad of opening one more blue gallery. Very Happy

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 8:04 pm

I like a lot these Safari anaconda and Scutosaurus and most fof the desert toob models (fennec, african dog, cheeta, addax) cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 9:59 pm

Great additions,congrats-like the Safari Tube animals,the 2 Huskies,the Breyer foal and Reindeer!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 10:16 pm

Great to see the Safari toobs. The ostrich looks interesting with his wings half open, or do I see that wrong?

Always annoying when a figure is scratched. I'd go back to the seller and ask for a replacement, it isn't fair if you have to buy a replacement.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 7:10 pm

Thank you everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 4:19 am

Those are some fantastic additions, especially the TOOBS. They've really come into their own these past few years; the detail and paint for the size and price rivals some of the gashapon stuff.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 6:35 am

Thank you! And I agree, with better manufacturing they are getting more and more detailed every year.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 5:59 pm

I don't know what to think of the latest toobs, I'm always tempted by a few models but the price of the lot always makes me move back.
On the other hand, the Anaconda entered into direct competition with the new Mojo and the Salmon shark is really nice.
Congratulations Paige Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 1:50 am

What nice tube creatures, I need to look into all the tubes I'm missing! I love that painted dog!

And beautiful anaconda, who made it?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 5:31 am

Thanks kiki and Jill! The anaconda is another Safari from their IC line. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 10:43 pm

Just a handful of new additions, mostly from thrift stores while my Mom visited Idaho and Utah a while back.
The VW Gray wolf is the closest match so far to the one my older brother broke the ear off as a child... but still not quite the same (I plan on doing a comparison photoshoot sometime). A strangely wonderful eland/kudu hybrid antelope, a AAA walking bear cub, and unknown small rhino, then some Safari Ltd. finds from my Petco adventure. I was super excited about the sarchosuchus as its been out of stock any time I was ready to snag it. I also got a very realistic AAA coral snake at thrift and then found the Schleich helicopter set with the lion for 50% off at a local store. Exciting as I have wanted this model for some time too!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then my Mom found a bunch of Safari Authentics! I already have several and some will be up for trade eventually so PM me if you need. It was just fun to see 3 nearly complete sets at the thrift store.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 11:36 pm

A wonderful group of additions! cheers cheers
I love those wolves especially and the charm of the Safari Authentics fox! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 5:35 am

Great finds! I really enjoy my baby alligator; nice model isn't it?
If the squid is an extra, I'd love to trade if I have anything you'd like. It's fun finding such old models.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 7:41 am

Nice additions again. Especially the old Safari Authentics

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 10:24 pm

Thank you everyone. :)

A few Amazon finds... the Toymany arctic set and a set of dogs. I had to get the dogs as it had the first deerhound model I have ever seen in plastic. Comparisoms with major brands will come soon (hopefully).

Inserts inside the dog box set.

the box

some of the breed names are spot on and others... are not.  Laughing

And the toymany arctic set box.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 10:31 pm

Both very nice; that Arctic set is relatively complete for the area and habitat lol

Looking at other Toymany sets on Amazon, a lot of them look like knockoffs. Can't tell if these are, unless many of them are from Safari TOOBs?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 10:57 pm

I don't like toymany because they typically are just cheap knockoffs but I really like that lemming! I don't recognize it

Congrats!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 11:43 pm

Many Toymany are obvious copies but NONE of the puppies nor these arctic animals are copies. And they are relatively nicely made. Similar plastic to "big" brands. The dogs are lighter, possibly hollow. There is a seam around the base of the neck/chest, but otherwise are all unique sculpts too.

I like the lemming for the species it is. Many species of them are common tan/brown, but this Norwegian(?) species is a fun calico type of coat coloring.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 11:57 pm

Undoubtfully some ToyMany are copies and we don't know if these are copies too but they show some quality, not cheap looking at all. I would buy that polar set for my collection, They should have avoided to include the penguin, I guess. The glaucous gull and the lemming are very unusual species in toy shape.
I am very curious to see the dogs in comparison to other known models. Some look very good, some might be misidentified but the sculpt quality seems quite decent.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 1:41 am

I need to stop checking your updates lol. First the Toymany puppies, now these Stargo dogs tempt me. Actually, I'd like a second set of the pups for some custom bait. Laughing They really are nice.
Is the neck seam on these as obvious as on the Nayab figures?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 4:00 am

These are so cool, I really like those dogs! They look like really great and detailed representatives of the breeds, with some unusual ones thrown in. German Border Collie indeed. Laughing Absolutely need that wolfhound!! Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 4:11 am

Thank you my friends! I do not recognize the sculpts of the arctic figures from anywhere, but they could by copies of something I am not familiar with... but I am confident they are unique. Like I said, I will do higher detailed photos and group shots of the dogs especially sometime. They remind me a bit of Nayab in that they are a sort of 2nd tier quality figure. Nicely detailed, the seams on the smooth coated dogs are noticeable than the longer coated ones. But all nice representatives save 2.

A few things to note on the dogs, the golden shown on the box is not the model included. A shame as the pictured one looks more like a golden. I will likely customize this one. The lab is nice as a more AKC/English style version, we can ask Bonnie on her thoughts. But its got a deeper chest and squarer head than you see in American labs and many toys (IMO). The Akita and spaniel are easily recognizable but not the best toy representatives of the breeds. The rest are great figures, but for me the best ones are the schnauzer, malinois, greyhound, weimaraner, and wolfhound (not really scruffy enough to be a wolfhound truly, looks more like a deer hound to me but very unique nonetheless!).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 3:54 pm

Nice additions, the Polar set is a must have and i like catches like the dog set. Small unknown brands with nice figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 6:49 pm

Amazing newcomers cheers Applause

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 7:03 pm

Interesting, not very well-known sets. They look well painted and most sculpts are pretty good too. Are the Arctic animals toob sized?

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!* - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 7/25!*
Page 16 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next