Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the unpainted Starlux wild animals

Go down 
+3
Stripedhyena
widukind
Caracal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

the unpainted Starlux wild animals Empty
PostSubject: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 12:06 am

here a mammoth (1rst version)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here with a painted (and tusked  Laughing ) model:

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 7:43 am

Very cool :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 9:29 am

I love the unpainted Starlux figures.... And there happen to be a lot of them! I don't know if they were sold for painting or if they are factory remains or prototypes? Some time ago I bought a lot with many models in white, ochre and gray.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 9:47 am

Many thanks to you both Andreas and Ricardo! Very Happy

Ricardo, could you post yours here too please?.. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 2:45 pm

Are those rohlings? I mean, true Starlux before being painted or were they used as premium figures or something like that?
Great sculpts always look so nice even unpainted.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 5:59 pm

Here is the final Starlux catalogue before they closed down, which mentions unpainted animal figures (non décoré): Final Starlux catalogue (pp. 14-17)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 7:02 pm

Yes, at the end of the production, figurines were also available unpainted and cheaper and I ordered some but this one had not yet received its tuskes so I think it is rather an unfinished model.
Thank you Rogério and Roger! and for the link.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 9:26 pm

Caracal wrote:
Many thanks to you both Andreas and Ricardo! Very Happy

Ricardo, could you post yours here too please?.. :)

I have the figures stored in one of the many boxes I have, I don't know right now which one, sorry. The day they appear, I will upload pictures Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 11:58 pm

OK thank you Ricardo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 12:01 am

Amazing topic, I didn't know they weren't rhollings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 1:46 am

Thanks roger and Alain! Now I have the impression I've read about it before but wandering through so many brands on TAW, I get lost sometimes. Laughing

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 2:34 pm

I wonder whether Starlux had the intention to paint them but because they went bankrupt, they were left unfinished. Or did Starlux intentionally leave them unpainted even before they went bankrupt? Do you know Alain? From what you said, it sounded as if Starlux intentionally left them unpainted even before they bankrupcy.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 6:45 pm

Thank you Christophe, Rogério and Roger! Very Happy

Roger, what is sure is that starlux sold cheap unpainted models before they went bankrupt. It was a way to keep the production in spite of hard competition with chinese cheap productions.
About this mammoth, we cannot know if it was to be painted or not but what is sure is that it is unfinished (tuskesless), so, surely because of the bankrupt.

This model has been given to me by my french friend Lionel who had bought it on ebay in a batch of some, so I think it belonged to an unfinished factory stock which has been dispatched and sold then..

Here a beaver I had orderer in 1993 or 1994 and that I had never painted because I had not noticed it was a GM (grand modèle) before it arrived at home!

here with a schleich one:

.. and how!..  What means "rhollings " please?..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 3:13 am

Rohling is a german word which means blank. Like empty (vide) not printed, not painted, not filled, etc.
It is used for figures that were supposed to be painted but ended unpainted.
On the other hand, monochrome figures are unpainted figures that are not supposed to be painted. Monochrome comes from the single color given by the plastic they're made with.
Nice beaver. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 8:47 am

Yes Rohling and not rholling... Stipad mucaque geek
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 5:03 pm

OK thank you both! :)

here the black rhino:

.. and with 2 coloured versions for comparison:

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 5:24 pm

Nice Rhinos, I like the dark version very much . cheers cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 7:11 pm

landrover wrote:
Nice Rhinos, I like the dark version very much . cheers cheers cheers

Yes, nice rhinos

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Interesting comparisons! That long horn pointed forwards give a very agressive look to the model but, those are the details that make each figure unique.

PostSubject: Re: the unpainted Starlux wild animals   the unpainted Starlux wild animals Empty

Back to top Go down

the unpainted Starlux wild animals
Page 1 of 1