Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+3
rogerpgvg
Roger
Joliezac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 4:25 am

After a long wait (over a month) my eagle set from Naturalism arrived yesterday!

I don't own any figures from this brand, but since birds of prey are some of my favorite to collect, I just had to order these when I saw them.

I got all 6 eagles and they each came in their own display box with an art card.

I was very impressed with the quality, these are really stunning and probably some of the nicest birds of prey I own.

Here they are!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First up is my favorite species of bird, the harpy eagle!  cheers

I remember being so excited in 2017 when Safari released their harpy eagle. At the time I didn't know of any other harpy eagles so that was my first figure of that species. Now I have a few and I love all of them, although this one may top them all.

I really love the paintwork and details on this figure. My biggest issue with Chinese/Japanese brands is that they seem to smooth and have visible seams, but it is hardly noticeable on these eagles.

It compares very nicely with Safari's. I think if you were looking to pair them up Safari's TOOB version goes perfectly with Colorata's and Naturalism is perfect with Safari. Not sure on the scales though.

Left to right: Safari, Naturalism, Safari, Colorata

Next the gorgeous Philippine eagle! I was most excited for this one after the harpy. I didn't have any Philippine eagles but now I have Safari's Toob version and now Naturalism. I hope Safari will make a larger one soon so I can have a more appropriately sized pair. I think there are only 3 of these eagles on TAW, I was so happy to finally get this species as a figure.

With this series the eagles seem to come in 3 main poses. The harpy & Philippine eagle with the same pose.

The details are beautiful again and I love the feathering on the back of the head and the thick beak.

With Safari's

The next eagle, the Steller's sea eagle!

I don't think a major brand has made this species, so I didn't have any in my collection until recently. I found this crouched walking poses to be the most interesting of all the poses. I was originally going to skip on the Steller's & bald eagle because I already had a few and didn't want them too badly, but the poses won me over and I'm glad I got them.

Mine leans to the side a bit, I'm not sure if it was intentional or if the feet are bent. The feet are a little fragile and the talons are actually very sharp. I almost cut myself on accident that's how sharp they are  Laughing

Left to right: Epoch, Naturalism, Colorata

The bald eagle! Now I told myself I wouldn't get anymore bald eagles because I think I have 15 now..  Razz But I just really loved this pose so I had to get it and complete the set. I'd love to get some photos of it walking on a sheet of ice Laughing

This one seems to stand better than the Steller's sea eagle although he is angled more upwards. Again I'm not sure if it was intentional or not.

I just photographed the eagle with my 2 favorites from Papo (left) & Safari (right) It's pretty much the same size as Safari's. If anyone wants other comparisons let me know  Very Happy

Now for the 3rd pose, the hawk eagles!

Ornate hawk eagle:

This was a brand new species for my collection so I was very excited for this figure. Again the detailing is really great and I love the patterns on the stomach and legs especially.

I wasn't sure what to compare it with so I didn't take group shots for this or the black-and-white hawk eagle. But let me know if you want to see it with anything else. Its the same size as the other eagles in this set.

Black-and-white hawk eagle:

Another new species for my collection, I don't think there are any listed on TAW actually... To be honest I didn't even know what bird this was when I saw the online listing, I googled "black and white hawk eagle" as a guess and it turned out that is what it is actually called lol!

Really lovely detailing again, I love the black mask.

I can't wait to take some outdoor photos with these beautiful eagles. If anyone wants more photos or comparisons let me know cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Many thanks for this wonderful topic. My first impact with these figures was like, they're nice but they have that Pokemon concept. I was wrong, figures are much nicer than I thought and they only look like Pokemons in their official picture. Laughing
I also noticed their poses being paired, clearly one of the moulds served as base to the other similarly posed. They did it correctly because there's a close connection between the paired species.
The assortment is also very interesting, mixing unusual species with the most famous eagle, the bald eagle.
It is like building a set of dinosaurs without triceratops, stegosaurus, spinosaurus and so but including several unusual species with a T-rex among them.
It is very clever, you keep a commercially popular figure and at the same time you provide a highly interesting set for collectors.
They work nicely with our tradtional brands as we can see through the comparison with the Safari Harpy eagle which I still miss. Schleich is releasing one for 2023, about 6 cm high.
There are 4 Philippine eagles on TAW since I added your Naturalism one. Wink
All Steller's sea eagles were from Japanese brands before this Chinese one.
I like the fact those talons are so sharp, I think it contributes to the realism of the model.
Weirdly, I don't have a bald eagle with folded wings. I've never found the old Schleich for a reasonable price and I considered sometimes to get the Safari model but a bald eagle falls easily from our priorities. I tend to forget the Papo model exists and it reminds me a lot the old Schleich.
I'll try to see if I can afford this set, I don't even know where to buy it, though, if I fails, which one would you recomend, the Safari or the Papo bald eagle?
It is the first black and white hawk eagle uploaded on TAW and I really don't remember seeing one being released before.
I like the name of the figure, it is like an old television. You're 20 years old, have you ever watched tv on a black and white one? If you did, it was in a museum. Laughing

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 2:28 pm

Very attractive birds, beautiful photos! It's great to see another company making high-quality animal figures. Where did you find them?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 2:42 pm

Great walkarounds and comparison pics Jolie. Very Happy

I am waiting for a few of them and now I regret I didn't ask for the whole set.

I hope we will see more things from this company
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 3:05 pm

The only species I need is the black-and-white hawk eagle; I am content with my other examples of the other species. Not sure how to go about getting these. Maybe they'll start to show up on eBay.
If I was just starting the synoptic non-arthropod part of my collection, I could see myself getting the entire set :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 5:07 pm

Much better than major brands

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 5:35 pm

Excellent photography skills and these models are indeed exquisite, congratulations!

Any chance you can post some close ups of the box itself? I am interested in reading the texts on the packaging, specifically company info where they include a website etc. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 9:48 pm

To anyone interested in this set, I purchased it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was my first time ordering from this website and it took almost a month to get here from China. If you do order the birds, you have to pay for the birds themselves, and then they ship it to yoybuy's warehouse. Once they arrive there you then have to pay for shipping and enter your address for it to get to you. I didn't realize this so they sat in the warehouse for a week Embarassed So just pay attention to when they arrive at the warehouse then pay for shipping. I believe there is a calculator on the site so you can estimate shipping.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was skeptical about these eagles too at first, but I'm really glad I got them. If you don't purchase the set I would recommend the Safari one. I think both Papo & Safari models are equal however I like the size of the Safari one more and I prefer it stand alone (not on a branch). Also keep in mind my Safari one was played with a lot when I was younger so mine is scratched and faded by the sun sunny

@rogerpgvp

I'm very pleased with this set! I bought them on the yoybuy website linked above.

the black-and-white hawk eagle is really beautiful! I purchased it from the link above but like I said it takes awhile and could be a bit pricey. I think I had to pay $25 shipping to get them to me in the U.S. However, I did order the complete set and since they come in display boxes, it was in a decent sized box. If you were only ordering one bird I would image it to be much cheaper. There should be a shipping calculator on the site you can use if interested. Just beware it might take a month to get to you and you have to pay attention to when it arrives at the warehouse.

Thank you so much! The box themselves just have the Chinese logo and then the scientific names of the eagles in English. The art cards have lots of text on the back but again it's all in Chinese. I can take a photo for you when I am able to though if you like Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 10:46 pm

[quote="Joliezac"

I was skeptical about these eagles too at first, but I'm really glad I got them. If you don't purchase the set I would recommend the Safari one. I think both Papo & Safari models are equal however I like the size of the Safari one more and I prefer it stand alone (not on a branch). Also keep in mind my Safari one was played with a lot when I was younger so mine is scratched and faded by the sun sunny [/quote]

Thanks for providing the link. It is worth the price but it is surely out of my reach but that's something I'm used to live with. Laughing
Thanks also for your suggestion about the Safari eagle, I will keep in mind that your eagle is bald, scratched and faded by the sun. It always happens when we get older. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons   Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Naturalism Eagles Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1