Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou

Go down 
+3
rogerpgvg
Roger
widukind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 9:26 am

If the 20th century saw the long reign of Britains LTd in the United Kingdom, in Germany the throne was disputed by two giants: Hausser Elastolin born in 1904 and Lineol born in 1905.
Both brands offered toys that are still references today for those who are interested in the beautiful and great history of our passion.
Reflecting this "fight" of titans, I want to present you today a (friendly  Laughing ) meeting between two American Bisons.

First of all, here is Hausser's champion, born during the 30s.  Applause
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And its "young" rival, the Lineol born in 1940.  cheers

The meeting   affraid

Perhaps more than any other major brand, the history of the two enemy sisters has been shaped by the history of men. After the end of WWII, Hausser found itself in the FRG and Lineol in the GDR. After the abandonment of composition materials for plastic, after the absorption of Lineol by VEB Plaho, our two bisons saw their descendants continue their adventures each in their own way.

Neither Hausser nor Lineol will see the fall of the Berlin Wall but the two bisons will continue their life, one in 70mm at Preiser and the other at Marolin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 5:19 pm

Nice old buffalo

And after the WW2, Lineol was for a short period in my hometown Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 5:36 pm

I didn’t know that. 😃 I thought Dresden was very very destroyed at the WWII end ☹
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 9:53 pm

Wonderful topic, Christophe! I think even among modern brands, American bisons are often very well replicated. I wished some other known animals had so many good representatives has American bisons.
I have the Lineol IV. I've always loved it since you or Willy posted it on forum a long time ago although at the time I was far from knowing that one would join my collection much later.
The Lineol guy is one of the few Americans which lived during the Soviet occupied Germany and that's the reason he had to lower is head. Laughing Well, just a silly joke, no policy here.
After the massive bombing of Dresden, I've read the city recovered quite fast, for example, the Frauenkirche was destroyed in 1945 and in 2005, just 60 years later, it was already completely restored. Laughing Well, another silly joke but it is a miracle how the whole Germany recovered so quicly. I hope that was the last WW, we surely don't need more wars or stupid fights. Unless those wonderful ones like this fight between these two pieces of art.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 10:03 pm

Beautiful bisons. It's fantastic that you have both the original versions and the later smaller versions.

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 12:59 am

A cool story with the typical "Christophe-photos".drunken
It's certainly your photographic talent, good lighting, probably a good camera - all right, all important prerequisites for good photos, but you photographs with " the eyes of your heart" too.I love you  

Roger wrote:
...we surely don't need more wars or stupid fights. Unless those wonderful ones like this fight between these two pieces of art.

Can not be said better...

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 am

Such magnificent and beautiful old models these are, and to read about their history is fascinating!
I really like the photo with the 2 small ones included! I really love how beautiful and charming they are.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 2:52 am

These guys really have presence, what extraordinary poses and energy!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 10:28 am

@Roger Thank you Rogério  Very Happy , there are some very well reproduced American buffalos among the modern brands, there are also those that frankly leave something to be desired like the Battat and the early Papo and CollectA.  What a Face
It was Willy or Torben who had it before me, at the time I was content with the VEB Plaho.
I know that your collection is very different from the one you imagined when you arrived on STS... Just a kind of Magic !  cheers
It's the same for me  Laughing
The guy from Lineol puts his head down, that's true, but the guy from Hausser who was raised in West Germany puts his head down even more...  Laughing  The "stupid jokes" go better in pairs.  Palmface
I hope like all of us that this was the last world war, unfortunately I fear that we will not be asked our opinion for the next one. I prefer to come back to bisons, I am not very optimistic unfortunately.

@rogerpgvg Thank you Roger, I had no trouble finding the two plastic bison, the VEB Plaho was sold in lots with the other zoo animals, much like the Britains in England. As for the Hausser, I played with his brother in the early 70s when the arrival of Elastolin in France was a big shock and wonderful news for me, as for Alain. It took me a lot more patience to get both composition models in good condition at reasonable prices. The Hausser had just arrived from Marseilles this week. Very Happy

@75senta75 Thank you Yvette for your compliments, it matters  Embarassed  It matters even more to read you again on STS.  cheers  When I prepared this topic, I hoped that the trap would work to be able to catch you  Wink

@sunny and @Jill I'm really happy you like them, they deserve it  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 11:16 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Yvette for your compliments, It matters even more to read you again on STS. When I prepared this topic, I hoped that the trap would work to be able to catch you

Well, the trap has snapped shut at exactly the right moment,Wink  I really like your topics about composition animals and I'm very glad I didn't miss the meeting of the giants. drunken
Do you have any other composition bisons in your collection?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 10:13 am

Yessssss, that's a competitive trap  Laughing

I also own the Hausser walking, the miniature Pfeiffer, some "Kienel" and also a 1914 Pfeiffer that needs a little repair.
I plan to get my hands on the different Lisanto's sooner or later drunken

Oh, I also have the small Trico Bison.
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 12:08 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I also own the Hausser walking, the miniature Pfeiffer, some "Kienel" and also a 1914 Pfeiffer that needs a little repair.I plan to get my hands on the different Lisanto's sooner or later
That's quite an impressive herd. I also like the Lisanto bison and this model would fit in well with your herd. U.Raue offers some Lisanto bisons on his homepage.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 8:05 am

75senta75 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
I also own the Hausser walking, the miniature Pfeiffer, some "Kienel" and also a 1914 Pfeiffer that needs a little repair.I plan to get my hands on the different Lisanto's sooner or later
That's quite an impressive herd. I also like the Lisanto bison and this model would fit in well with your herd. U.Raue offers some Lisanto bisons on his homepage.

Yes I know, Ulrich's Lisanto page is a place I like to visit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 3:16 pm

Y
Kikimalou wrote:
es I know, Ulrich's Lisanto page is a place I like to visit
The best homepage for composition animals. The site has the quality of an online version for a toy museum.I love you

Today I finally have the time to rearrange a showcase of composition animals in my living room.
So while I am rearranging my figures, the question comes to my mind, how does Christophe keep his composition animals? Do you have extra display cases or shelves for your composition animals ?
Are they together with the modern figures or have they their own places ? Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 10:56 pm

My composition animals have their own display in my living room, the "modern collection by scales" is in my office. The vintage metal and plastic animals are waiting to have their own display in the office too. I hope to have my entire collection on shelves by early 2024.

For the composition models, my display case is now far too crowded and I will have to find a solution to enlarge it.

Do you have any information about the animal series produced by Lisanto? I'm trying to sort out TAW and my collection and I lack knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou   Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Hausser and Lineol: An American bison meeting by kikimalou
Page 1 of 1