Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)

Go down 
+6
sunny
landrover
Caracal
Roger
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) Empty
PostSubject: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 12:22 am

Not the greatest comparison, it was cooling off this evening and the mosquitos were coming... I am apparently hyper allergic to whatever genetically modified monster variety they have here! But at least you get an idea of size and quality if you were wondering.

Mastodon (Safari), Steppe Mammoth (Eofauna), and Woolly Mammoths (Safari)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paleoloxodon (Eofauna), Asian Ele. (Papo), African Ele. (Papo)

Extinct friends

Big ol probiscidian reunion!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 1:42 am

Beautieful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 6:50 am

I greatly appreciate your effort to share these very useful photographs with us. For me, they are the perfect sizes for a collection of this kind of prehistoric creatures. Are there genetically modified mammoth mosquitoes where you live? affraid elephant

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 1:39 pm

Thank you for these useful pictures! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 2:04 pm

Thank you my friends! Glad these were useful.

Roger, where I lived previously I hadn't gotten bitten in over 10 years. I am not sure if my allergic reactions are just worse and adult onset, or if I am more allergic to the species here but my reactions to them are quite unpleasant. Sad Anyhow, they are mammoth bites! Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 3:40 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you my friends! Glad these were useful.

Roger, where I lived previously I hadn't gotten bitten in over 10 years. I am not sure if my allergic reactions are just worse and adult onset, or if I am more allergic to the species here but my reactions to them are quite unpleasant. Sad Anyhow, they are mammoth bites! Wink

affraid Did you say they bite in the morning? It is highly likely that they belong to a different species, perhaps Asian tiger mosquitoes. These mosquitoes are large, extremely aggressive, and active during daylight hours. If you have unusual allergic reactions, you should consider to describe them to a doctor. Sometimes our himmune system can react agressively to a mosquito bitt and that's not good. Try also to use a repelent and cover your skin with clothes as much as possible.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 3:54 pm

Thank you for your concern Roger! Oh believe me, I have tried every precaution and treatment I can find. They can bite me through layers of clothing, past repellent, etc. Little buggers like my rare O negative blood type. My Mom can be outside for hours and won't have even one bite (she is O positive)! I have a doctor's appt coming up and that is on the list for sure! Typically my bites happen in the evening when the sun is lowering and it starts to cool off. I can walk a short distance of 20 feet and get 3 bites! I have turned unto a paranoid mosquito recluse and stay inside from 6pm til morning.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 8:55 pm

With the mosquitoes bothering you, you got some great photos.

cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 10:48 pm

Thank you Fernando. :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 5:00 pm

ok... ccomparisons extended. :) Groupes roughly by location in time (I realize many of these animals lived on multple continents and alongside each other, while others did NOT. These are just for comparison).

Australia

Asia/Europe

North America

All together now!

Elephant portraits

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 6:29 pm

what a super collection you have Paige! all the elephants look amazing too.
I hope you get a cure for the mossies. In Australia I used to burn citronella candles when I had the doors open and there was no mossie nets on them. They didn't like that smell very much.
Are there native plants around that can repel them? or any local native cures??
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 2:56 pm

Really great comparison pictures. Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 4:25 pm

Thank you so much for the pictures. I always love photo's with different models from different brands put together. It's always very educational size wise.

Tusks and Trunks!
TNT!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 2:37 am

Which species is the black and white australian lizzard and which brand are the Bison latifrons and the giant running cheeta from please?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 12:08 pm

Thank you everyone!

Alaine, all 3 of those are customizations done by myself. The bison latifrons was a schleich texas longhorn bull, the other 2 were chinamals (megalania and American cheetah).

Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Paige, truly fabulous collection and wonderful photos.

I also feel your pain - on Sunday whilst on a walk just about every insect species we have in England took a bite out of me and no doubt some blood.

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 4:47 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone!

Alaine, all 3 of those are customizations done by myself. The bison latifrons was a schleich texas longhorn bull, the other 2 were chinamals (megalania and American cheetah).

Then big congralutations! cheers cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 6:40 pm

Thank you Chris (long time no see! welcome back) amd Alaine. :)

In regards to mosquitos... I have found nothing that works well just yet. Doing more research on it for local populations, there are a few diseases that I won't lie, are concerning. But I try not to fret too much, at least until I contract something. Wink

I mostly just stay inside now. If its hot out or raining the risk is lesser. But in the evenings especially when it starts to cool down I get sucked dry and and my body overreacts like my mind does and I get enormous itchy swellings. The culprit I think is Culex tarsalis. In the evening, I only go out with my dogs before bedtime but I armor up! At least one pair of long thick fleece pajama pants and my thick fleece jacket, usually keeps them off me in those few minutes outside then. Wink

I am so sorry Chris! But misery loves company, no? Palmface

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 4:29 pm

Wonderful models, thank you for your comparison Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 1:48 am

Thank you Michael for asking for the comparison. Wink I probably got a bit overboard with it... I have gotten bitten by a gnarly probiscidian bug and I see no cure in sight... This is probably the last photoshoot until I get some other extinct elephant model.

2 TNG models arrived with a brontothere friend. They are all a bit smaller than I was thinking (I have a hard time envisioning size sometimes for these models) but they more than make up for it in detail.

These two are my favorites... I adore them.

Alongside the Itoy Indricotherium.

And lastly, an update on my plight... this week ALL the dragon flies have shown up. I have seen hundreds if not thousands of them buzzing all over the place. Walking out onto the lawn I disturb dozens of them in every color you can think of! They have been my saviors. My "skeeter" bites have gone down significantly in terms of incidents. We also have noticed a small group of bats flapping about at sunset and one or two have been roosting by my niece's window. Thank heavens for natural predators! My air support has arrived. Very Happy

These are both terrible photos, the dragonflies spot me a mile away and flit off. So these heavily edited in an attempt to make their general form discernible... these are 2 large species.

And here is a link to all the species in my state! I never realized there were soooooooo many. But it explains all the diversity I have been seeing.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 9:15 am

thank you for these useful and so perious pictures!

The TNG models seem a little "too much" to my taste but the Itoy Indricotherium is wonderful! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
lolavichor

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 10:34 am

Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://minizoolife.eu/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 5:24 pm

It is great to see how they work together. I see an infinite tusks pic.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 7:44 pm

These comparisons are splendid and show us different , beautiful models.

Congratulations, cheers cheers

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) EmptyThu Jul 06, 2023 2:07 pm

Thank you very much for your splendid comparison cheers

I hope you get well, soon!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)   EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band) Empty

Back to top Go down

EOFAUNA Elephant Quartet and relatives (TNG has joined the band)
Page 1 of 1