Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany reptiles set!

Go down 
+3
widukind
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Toymany reptiles set!  Empty
PostSubject: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 04:24

Finally got this one! Its not all reptiles as you can see, but this set is nicely done.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The brand must have 2 or more sculptors as far as I can tell. Overall there are some models that are a bit odd in proportions, some that have incredible details (like this one) and another person who makes phenomenal sculpts! Now let's get into it!

The belly scutes and scales are what impressed me the most on these guys! Consistent and small round scales on each lizard.

I mean look at these!

Tiny little teeth!

An unevenly opened frill adds some realism

not sure what that leg is doing though. Laughing

A handsome caiman

Not the best hinge feature I have seen but a good first try for the company.

A couple of low hanging heads with tongues sticking out (the beardie has a separately sculpted head and you can see a seam)

When I went to look at the front of the hood I noticed they even got the epiglottis sculpted on this guy!

My komodo messed up her lipstick a little but again, other details are amazing. The skin folds, the muscle and skeletal bulges in all the right places...

These are probably the best of the set IMO though.

Lookit these faces! Those gill filaments!

The only drawback on this set is that my black widow(?) got tangled up in her baggie and now her legs are all over the place. Sort of makes her look like one that has passed on... besides, I am no expert on inverts but these two impress even me!

They did a great job on this set.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 04:37

Thank you for photos of this set! I'm not sure if I will get it or not. I pretty much only want the beardie, axolotl, and frog. The beardie's tongue looks very weird and the colors are a bit lacking, but the details are very nice and it could be a good sculpt for a repaint. Honestly to me it looks like one of the most accurate bearded dragons out there.

I like that axolotl more than CollectA & Safari's I think.

Nothing else really jumps out to me for some reason, although I love the folds on the komodo and the caiman's articulated jaw.

How big are these approximately? Does the bearded dragon scale closer to Safari's or CollectA's?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 04:59

I will post some comparison pics tomorrow. For me, the axolotl is great but I don't have the others yet. BUT the details seem better in this one. I only have one other beardie besides the tiny Schleich (the CollectA) but I will show a comparison tomorrow for you. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 08:10

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 20:45

Did you check the spider's pulse? affraid I love the frog, The frog seems to be looking at the photographer lady as if to see if it can swallow her. Laughing
Some of these figures are really great, thanks for sharing with us. Very Happy

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 20:55

I have debated about this set, it's pretty impressive how realistic they went with it! In the end I didn't get it because I feel like they are too big for me, but I still remain very impressed. I agree that the amphibians are the stars but I also love the Komodo, leopard gecko, frilled lizard, and caiman. Thank you for the in hand pictures and congrats on another great Toy Many set!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 22:42

Fine set! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptyMon 04 Mar 2024, 00:18

That Axolotl is nice. ^^

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptyMon 04 Mar 2024, 05:11

A few more details I wanted to share. :)

The Toymany is longer but smaller built.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptyMon 04 Mar 2024, 11:50

Thank you for the extra photos! I don’t know why I was thinking these were bigger..

I quite like the size though. And the Toymany is more accurate

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  EmptyMon 04 Mar 2024, 23:24

Thanks for these extra pictures and details. I like them. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Toymany reptiles set!    Toymany reptiles set!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany reptiles set!
Page 1 of 1