Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest

Go down 
+15
lucky luke
Ana
Tupolew Tu-154
Katy Leven
rogerpgvg
Roger
Dutch Bear
Shanti
Caracal
Hanno
bmathison1972
molla.nasreddin
widukind
Joliezac
Kikimalou
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

STS 2023 Animal toy of the year
Mojo Aardvark
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 9 ]
Bullyland Blue Sea Dragon
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 6 ]
Papo Giant panda
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 15 ]
CollectA Goblin Shark
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
CollectA Jersey Cow
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
CollectA Mustang Stallion Bay Pintoloosa
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Papo Pigeon
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Safari Ltd Puma
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
CollectA Rough Collie 
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
TNG Stegodon
2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 77

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 am

Wow what a close one! Honestly it was very hard to choose. Every model here would have been a fitting winner in my opinion. Ironically enough, the stegodon that I ordered a few weeks ago came today! It really is a gorgeous model and I am happy it won! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:56 am

It has been with great pleasure that we organized the figure of the year. Before announcing the grand winner, I want to thank those who collaborated so that the initiative could be organized and also, of course, everyone who voted because without votes none of this makes sense. I hope we continue to be an active community despite being small, and that next year we can organize this event again because 2024 is filled with beautiful figures.

So ladies and gentlemen, after a fiercely contested battle and decided at the last moment, the grand winner of the figure of the year is:

TNG STEGODON cheers cheers cheers

2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 TNG_Stegodon_5

Ranking:
1. TNG Stegodon
2. Papo Giant Panda with Bamboo
3. Mojö Fun Aardvark
4. CollectA Jersey Cow
4. CollectA Rough Colie
6. Bullyland Blue Sea Dragon
7. CollectA Mustang Stallion Bay Pintoloosa
7. Safari Ltd Puma
9. CollectA Goblin Shark
10. Papo Pigeon

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 10:15 am

molla.nasreddin wrote:
Someone Voted for Stegodon in the last second to make it champion. It reminds me defraud in elections 😅
It's just joking, don't be serious. Congratulations to its fans 👏

I agree with you, It reminds me defraud too.

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
No, only one champion: The TNG Stegodon. 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 40

It was my vote, which brings the victory. I wait until the last hour with it. 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 00000466
Great, that this ugly panda doesn't win. 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 S0160

Palmface So the winner isn't the Giant panda, I'm not sure that voting against a model means you voted for the Stegodon...
I voted for the Stegodon because it was my favourite and, unfortunately, its victory leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I have the impression that in the end nobody gained anything and everybody lost something.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 10:15 am

Wow congrats to this ancient creature! Very nice! Quite unexpected turn of events, for a long time it seemed like the panda was going to win.

I voted for the aardvark, I love this species. But the panda is fantastic too! I'm tempted to buy those two models.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 10:23 am

Kikimalou wrote:
IMHO we will have two champions, that’s all 🤗

Seeing how that went, maybe that's more of the real result? 💚

Maybe a bit off topic but those "calculated" votes against a model bring a negative emotion to this play. I also don't understand the need of calling the panda ugly. It's a beautiful model in a very original pose. One of the best sculpts of this species. On top of that many people's favorite.
Please, please keep this precious place positive, there's enough negativity outside.
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 10:29 am

Congratulations to the winner TNG Stegodon Very Happy Applause :cheers , happy for the missing animals and that the hand changes category. study sunny
The choice was difficult, so many good elements and each of us will have our own opinion of our winner, it's just a collective vote! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 10:31 am

Ana wrote:
Wow congrats to this ancient creature! Very nice! Quite unexpected turn of events, for a long time it seemed like the panda was going to win.

I voted for the aardvark, I love this species. But the panda is fantastic too! I'm tempted to buy those two models.

I can't tell for the panda, I don't have it, but the Aardvark deserves a place on your shelves Very Happy

Ana wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
IMHO we will have two champions, that’s all 🤗

Seeing how that went, maybe that's more of the real result? 💚

cheers cheers cheers

Ana wrote:

Maybe a bit off topic but those "calculated" votes against a model bring a negative emotion to this play. I also don't understand the need of calling the panda ugly. It's a beautiful model in a very original pose. One of the best sculpts of this species. On top of that many people's favorite.
Please, please keep this precious place positive, there's enough negativity outside.

I absolutely agree with you Anna, our village was build for that, be positive and helpful to each other Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 1:06 pm

My vote was between the panda and the Stegodon.
It took me 3 days to decide.
Finally I voted for the Stegodon because it was the first time I saw this animal in toy form.
Not being able to vote for the panda made my heart cry a little though. Sad
A lot of craftsmanship went into that model. Especially the fur.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 2:39 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 2:57 pm

What if the results of the poll were hidden until the time ran out? I feel like more people would actually pick their favorite figure in that case instead of voting "against" models that were in the lead?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 3:16 pm

I voted for the aardvark even though I don't even have the figure. Besides being a very good figure, it's a species I have a special fondness for, and this helped me decide my vote. I'm very pleased with its place on the podium. My second choices in this case would be the Rough Collie or the Jersey cow. Neither of the first two, although they seem like excellent figures to me. Among my favorites, there are even some that didn't make it to the final, like the Marwari horse from WIA or the muscovy duck from Papo. So, I consider this second place for the panda very deserving because in my personal case, it wouldn't even make it to the top 10, not because it's not a good figure but because there are so many good figures in contention.

As for the comment on negativity, I couldn't agree more. Social media has exposed this aspect of human nature very much, where negativity seems to fuel people's lives. I enjoy popular things like football and Formula 1, and I've never understood why fans of a particular driver or player bitterly hate their biggest rival. If there are two competing for a title or a throne, it's because they're both very good; it's healthy to express our preference, but it's toxic and unhealthy to vilify the direct opponent. STS has been striving with some success to be a pleasant place where we seek some fun and relaxation, and this space only makes sense if it continues to be so.

Hanno

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:54 pm

I have just looked at Funimalia's review of the Stegodon model on YouTube -- very interesting! Yes, it is a worthy winner, I think (even though I voted for the Jersey cow). I love voting on the STS Forum, and  look forward to doing so in future. This is a nice, pleasant place for us to spend some time, so members should always treat it as a bit of fun, with no recriminations afterwards. Very best wishes to you all!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 7:28 pm

Joliezac wrote:

What if the results of the poll were hidden until the time ran out? I feel like more people would actually pick their favorite figure in that case instead of voting "against" models that were in the lead?

this is a great idea for next year, if the final poll can be kept hidden.
That would stop any 'against' activity, and indeed promote only true preferences.

And maybe the rest of the selections can continue to be chosen (and revealed) as usual.

I chose the little sea dragon. I googled them to see what they are actually like, and they are incredible sea slug creatures! very cute and beautiful and also poisonous Wink
Then I googled the stegodon to check it out.
It was a hard choice, and only a few of my selected models made this top category selection but that also made it more interesting.

I like this happy place, even with small hiccups now and again Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 7:29 pm

and just a last thought - should we have a pic of the Stegodon on the banner for a week perhaps? To celebrate it's success?
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 7:44 pm

Congratulations to the winner! cheers Applause It is a very beautiful figure. I voted for the aardwark, but it was a very hard decision between it, the collie and the jersey cow. Of course, all models are fantastic I love you

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 7:52 pm

So the Stegodon! cheers cheers Of course it is a wonderful model of an extinct elephantid never released till now and I am glad of this focus on this rather cheap but high quality TNG production even if it was not my vote!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 8:33 pm

I think the stegodon is a deserving winner as it is truly a wonderful sculpt and overall figure IMO. The panda is a splendid figure also! If you don't have it, it shows amazing attention to detail and sculpting also, you can see here in a small walkaround I did of it. I am NOT a panda enthusiast in general but this IS a fantastic sculpt and is by far one of my favorite additions of recent memory. And that is saying something for me. Wink

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 pm

I don't have the panda because I can't collect every model but I remember your pics and nothing is ugly on it Very Happy

I vote for the Stegodon because I thought and still think it was my favourite of all these excellent models.

I made a walkaround of this beauty HERE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 pm

I don't like the panda, and it's my right to say that. But i would still vote for the Stegodon, because i love prehistoric, and no brand made this species before. I expected Eofauna also do, but they decided to make a T-Rex.

So here is nothing with "against" or something. It's a vote, no more.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 8:39 am

I prefer your new post than the first one, it is less "ambiguous"

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
No, only one champion: The TNG Stegodon. 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 40

It was my vote, which brings the victory. I wait until the last hour with it. 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 00000466
Great, that this ugly panda doesn't win. 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 S0160
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 11:02 am

Congrats to the Stegodon and to TNG. It is a great figure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:07 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:

Is it fair play or should I call it bear play? cheers

Dutch Bear

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:29 pm

Roger wrote:
Dutch Bear wrote:

I am always beary polite.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 10:23 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
Roger wrote:
Dutch Bear wrote:

I am always beary polite.

Laughing I know you bear a good heart. Wink

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 10:45 pm

Joliezac wrote:

Wow what a close one! Honestly it was very hard to choose. Every model here would have been a fitting winner in my opinion. Ironically enough, the stegodon that I ordered a few weeks ago came today! It really is a gorgeous model and I am happy it won! cheers

Where did you bought yours? I'm still searching.

PostSubject: Re: 2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest   2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 STS Figure of the Year: The final contest
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next