Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich colour variations

Go down 
+35
SchleichingAround
onatello
ghostme9
orcagirl26
widukind
LeeAnn
Ana
Menphis
Sumo
MD1985
skysthelimit
schleich61
stecal
Tupolew Tu-154
noeska
SyLoBe
Roger
schmidtchenschleich
cheyenna
remowshake
Admin
Nova
SUSANNE
Rio
Arrakai
atabini
HKHollinstone
aandmkw
Zwartvoet
zbyszek
Siobhan
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
Wildheart
Suebeedo
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

Schleich colour variations Empty
PostSubject: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 am

Hi all, I was at a Fred Meyer store over here (USA) and found they had a few Schleich figures 30% off. Decided to purchase a Rhinoceros. Of the 7 on the shelf one was darker than the rest. Most of them were a light grey. So I purchased the darker one. Is it normal for there to be such a colour difference? I also was looking at the white tigers and found one where the stripes were not on the inside of the legs like the others - because it is a little different does that make it special or not as valuable? I would be interested in a collectors input on these differences and how they would relate to value. Of course the real value is in liking what you buy and enjoying it, but it doesn't hurt to have it worth more too! :)
Oh, and yes my name is Sue - how do you-all do! :)
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:50 am

The rhino female has received a different colour to fit with the new male and baby.
It isn't worth more if it's darker.The lighter one is ''retired'',so rarer.
The tiger stripes are something common.

Many animals have different patterns depending on the country they are made in.
(China,Germany,Portugal)

Retired animals sometimes have at least 2 or 3 different styles,sometimes reaching 6 or 7.Those are extremely rare and only the best collectors manage to get all the variations! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 am

I apologize in advance if what I ask next is just basic to others but I am a little confused. I thought that Schleich was German made, but hand painted in China. Is that just the newest figures or are they all made in China and hand painted in China by a German corporation? Are you saying each style of figure could have been made in one of three countries; Portugal, China or Germany? Or are you talking mainly about the retired figures? So when I turn my figure upside down and read Schleich and it says China was the whole thing made in China? Can you tell I'm a newbee :)
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:06 pm

At the beggining,Schleich had few exporting routes and their figurines were handmade and handpainted in Germany.With time,they introduced molds to mass-produce their series.

The toys were only marked with ''Germany'' because that was the only country to produce them.No ''made in'' thingy.
The tags were thin,with the logo in a round bubble,at the very end.

As Schleich choose Portugal for the marine life scale series,the country became their second outpost.Elephants,deer,bears,rhinos and many more were also produced there.That's why the company adopted the ''made in'' style.
->made in Portugal
->made in Germany
Both details were written with large letters(very large).
Because the electronic price tracking wasn't in vogue,the toys received a colourful dot on their feet,for the sellers to know in which size-price category they fit.

In 2006,the company was 80% bought by the British company HG capital.
The main production spot moved to China,where people wanted small salaries and learnt quickly how things worked.The rest(20%) remained in Germany and Portugal.

Some figurines weren't retired in 2006.That's why they got different colour variants,besides the German-Portugal ones.They're bellies were marked whit tiny letters,the ''made in China'' inscription & also the word Germany(the first country to produce them)!

Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time for this information. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks WH! for providing this information.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:11 am

That was a good and decent explanation WH!
In these days, most of the figurines are made in China indeed.
When you order your figurines from a German retailer, most of them will have made in Germany under them, with a few exeptions.
And there are still figurines made in Portugal, like the grey donkey from last year, and the yak and tapir.
Between the different countries of production, there is always a difference in painting or colouration, sometimes more, sometimes less...

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: The Hanoverian foal - 13115   Schleich colour variations EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi everyone, today was another good day in my life :) I went to walk the dog this morning, opened the mailbox when we got back home, and ta-daa! there was the Hanoverian foal of year 1995 that I've been waiting for and which has been one of the hardest ones to catch for me. She isn't in a perfect condition but I couldn't let her go since that was the very first time I ever saw someone selling her, and it didn't even cost me half a fortune. Oh, and I'm referring to her as "she" because it seems like she's a mare. I'm probably going to call her Afrodite, I mean what choice do I have since I've already named my two -95 Hanoverian mares Hera and Artemis? Very Happy

Here's a picture of her. I really like the colour and the position.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mother & daughter :)

Comparison with the newer Hanoverian foal Eagle Eyes

All my Hanoverians!
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Congratulations, beautiful colt. You would have to release him from his parents for a photo session in the autumn outdoor.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Congratulations Matilda, what a lovely addition!! And lovely names too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Congratulations, she is really nice. Very Happy

I simply adore this foal, i bought one last week, it is shiped from a town nearby but it is has not arrived yet. I am afraid that mine will never come No
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Congratulations ! And thanks for the lovely pictures.
I think that foal is one of the nicest, cutest ones that Schleich has ever made I love you
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Congratulations. It looks great with the family. Great addition.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Sheep Variation and Others   Schleich colour variations EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:06 pm

I was taking my Schleich sheep out and noticed the ewes I had were different colours, I didn’t realise this before. The older model is the darker one; this is the first one I bought. I wonder why the changed the colour.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi HK,

have you checked the manufacturing country, there are some differences between the ones made in Germany, POrtugal or China.

Also from time to time the paintings vary.

regards,
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:45 pm

atabini wrote:
Hi HK,

have you checked the manufacturing country, there are some differences between the ones made in Germany, POrtugal or China.

Also from time to time the paintings vary.

regards,
Thanks Alejandro, although they are both made in China, I guess it's what you said last, just over the years they changed the colour. It's nice having variations!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:50 pm

that's really interesting! I only got the darker version and prefer it to be a lighter colour. you are lucky with two version!!!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:02 pm

ken yeo wrote:
that's really interesting! I only got the darker version and prefer it to be a lighter colour. you are lucky with two version!!!
Thanks Ken!
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:57 am

I agree with ken, the lighter version looks better. I only have the darker version, and I don´t think I´ve ever seen the lighter version anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:20 am

I think I have the darker version too.

I don't set out to collect variations in colour intensity but they seem to find me Laughing Yesterday I got the Ginger cat made in Germany and it's quite different from the china made one.

I love your flock of sheep :) Who is the one in the front and the one next to the first ewe ?
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Rio wrote:
I think I have the darker version too.

I don't set out to collect variations in colour intensity but they seem to find me Laughing Yesterday I got the Ginger cat made in Germany and it's quite different from the china made one.

I love your flock of sheep :) Who is the one in the front and the one next to the first ewe ?
Thanks Anna and Rio, it's interesting that no one has seen this lighter version!

The sheep that you mentioned Rio, are the old Schleich Ram and Ewe, I don't know their item numbers, here is a better picture of them...

You'll have to post pictures of your German and China made ginger cat Rio. Very Happy
It would be understandable if that was the case with mine, but they are both made in china. scratch

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Arrakai wrote:
I agree with ken, the lighter version looks better. I only have the darker version, and I don´t think I´ve ever seen the lighter version anywhere.

Laughing I only have the lighter version lol!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrakai wrote:

Ah, so mine isn't a rare colour Laughing oh well Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:14 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Arrakai wrote:

Sorry, sorry I was wrong ! It is the older version that is light !
Yours is still tje only one !!!!!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Arrakai wrote:

Sorry, sorry I was wrong ! It is the older version that is light !
Yours is still tje only one !!!!!
oooohh Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich colour variations   Schleich colour variations Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich colour variations
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next