Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo

Go down 
+27
PeGe
Mastiffcat
Sergey
Kiryuha
alexmotoc
ezhilan
MARTINLATIN
ken yeo
Tyler Loew
signatus
lucky luke
Roger
remrock02
Sumo
Wildheart
Vivien
Silver Unicornis
Gabe
Joan Milelire
SommoDracorex
MartinH
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
Numa
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks for posting Numaan, it is a surprising release! :) ...and we see already the touch of a collector here! cheers
An unusual species in an unusual pose. Only a question?
I see clearly Deborah style in this figure, the movement is wonderful but not natural in a wildebeest, I'm asking it because it is in a graceful movement like a horse and not in a typical gnu pose. Suspect clown
Is it really from Deborah? Rolling Eyes
It looks the sculptor is very artistic but forgot to see how gnus move! What a Face Can we review some points as in Mojo or is it useless? Very Happy
It's a nice figure, everybody looks happy and surely in my wish list.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers Wonderful cheers cheers cheers cheers

Great pose, great detail and an unusual specie Very Happy CollectA is growing in my mind year after year, too bad this brand is hard to find in France Sad

Yes Yes Yes !!!!! drunken bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks for posting Numaan, it is a surprising release! :) ...and we see already the touch of a collector here! cheers
I see clearly Deborah style in this figure, the movement is wonderful but not natural in a wildebeest, I'm asking it because it is in a graceful movement like a horse and not in a typical gnu pose. Suspect clown
It looks the sculptor is very artistic but forgot to see how gnus move! What a Face Can we review some points as in Mojo or is it useless? Very Happy
Well, I doubt if this is Deborah's work, she sculpts horses only as far as I know scratch For my eyes it looks more like work of the same person which did lions family :)
I love this model but if I would change anything I think I would make head 5%-7% bigger. But maybe it's just the photo angle Laughing I must see this model in person, and I really want to have it indeed cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Yees !!! cheers cheers cheers

Is a perfect and wonderfull figure Shocked Shocked !!

Thank you for the pic. I want him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Miguel
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Roger wrote:

It is not the work of Deborah but one of CollectA's own in-house sculptors. Not everyone will be 100% pleased with a model and there are many things one can change. The movement was taken from a number of photographs and it is supposed to be an animal 'on the move' so this particular position one would only see for a second whilst the animal is on the move. An antelope has a typical running or walking style but if you google images you can find a million photos of antelopes taken whilst they were on the move and that split second photo will show you the animal in a pose you may not necessarily associate it with. I am not sure I am explaining myself well here but I hope you get what i mean. Usually sculpts are based on an animal standing still, eating, walking or in some other 'doing' position. This applies to the other 3 antelopes made by CollectA but the wildebeest is based on an animal on the move and so yes you may see a wildebeest trotting or galloping in this way. I am also quite a critical person and perhaps there are things I would also change but this was one of the earlier models to be completed and so one could always wish to go back and make things better. But for a first attempt I still think it is pretty good and hope most of you do too.

I know not everyone will be pleased will every single animal and many improvements can be made but unfortunately all the CollectA models pictured are complete and hence cannot be changed at this stage. I will see in future if we can do what you did with Mojo and put a model up for collectors to comment on whilst it is still in progress. I still think this wildebeest has a character and a lot of drama in the pose which Schleich can only ever dream of doing..... Very Happy

Last edited by Schleichzoo on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyler Loew

Tyler Loew

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers OH MY GOD Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:02 am

Numaan, I understand you clearly and everybody here is pleased with the figure, I don't see any bad comment! :)
The black gnu in its original movement would result less apealing surely! That's only my style, As you know, every artists make sables with the muzzle pointed to the sky to turn it more dramatic and in Sable topic I refused this pose because it would turn the figure more apealing but in a pose not natural for a sable antelope.
Gnus are antelopes with a very characteristic morphology and with a way of moving completly different from other antelopes. A researcher knows a gnu easily even in a long distance because of its way of moving. They are really silly in their movements, not full of elegance as this one is showing. I'm only being coerent with myself. :)
I'm sure that without your participation we were probably seeing more cute polar bears and pandas and maybe not such an interesting creature! Full of drama, that's it! :)
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 am

Roger wrote:
Numaan, I understand you clearly and everybody here is pleased with the figure, I don't see any bad comment! :)
The black gnu in its original movement would result less apealing surely! That's only my style, As you know, every artists make sables with the muzzle pointed to the sky to turn it more dramatic and in Sable topic I refused this pose because it would turn the figure more apealing but in a pose not natural for a sable antelope.
Gnus are antelopes with a very characteristic morphology and with a way of moving completly different from other antelopes. A researcher knows a gnu easily even in a long distance because of its way of moving. They are really silly in their movements, not full of elegance as this one is showing. I'm only being coerent with myself. :)
I'm sure that without your participation we were probably seeing more cute polar bears and pandas and maybe not such an interesting creature! Full of drama, that's it! :)

Thanks Roger, now lets see about the other figures! Very Happy I cant wait to post them when i get them.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:04 am

Very gorgeous Black Wildebeest! Thanks for posting!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:07 am

I agree with the pose CollectAzoo Wink I can't find a pic with this exact pose but, as Crocger thought about a horse pose, I thought about a very macho bison bull I saw on tv, the guy was trotting like this white-tailed gnu among the herd " Hey, is everyone can see who is the boss here ?".
It also remember me the PAPO blue wildebeest because those two guys have a very strong personnality. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: YUPPYYYYY   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:17 am

alien cheers alien THIS IS WHAT I CALLED INNOVATION, HELLO SCHLEICH I HOPE YOU READ THIS AND I WONT BUY NO MORE FROM YOU THIS IS MY LAST YEAR,,,

I LOVE YOU MR. SCHLEICHZOO AND COLLECTA !!!!!!! affraid albino study
Back to top Go down
ezhilan

Country/State : india

PostSubject: stunning model   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:49 am

almost makes me faint.stuning model.dyanamic pose like the papo toys.i have recenty decided to cut short my collections and have only one gnu species from papo.when heard about the collecta new list,i was like wait an see.now truly this is on first of my wishlist
Back to top Go down
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:22 am

Schleichzoo wrote:
I have just received the official photo for the Black Wildebeest which I can now release on here. All the new photos will be released in various stages whilst CollectA put together their catalogue. Some models are still being finalised.

Here is the first photo. I hope you like it. I think it is stunning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hi , you don't feel sorry for the "invisible " pictures...we ,all, understand you...and by the way...wich scale is the collectA gnu...you see the figure or just simple photos...?
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 am

Superb!!!

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree with the pose CollectAzoo Wink
Yeah, Numaan should think of changing his nickname :) Wink

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:32 pm

alexmotoc wrote:
Hi , you don't feel sorry for the "invisible " pictures...we ,all, understand you...and by the way...wich scale is the collectA gnu...you see the figure or just simple photos...?

Hi Alex

I am not good with numbers so I am not sure of the exact scale but I think it will be similar in size to the Schleich Gnu or perhaps a tiny bit bigger. CollectA are trying to keep them in exact scale with Schleich but it can be difficult but they certainly wont be the size of those Papo models!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:30 pm

In my opinion pose of this gnu is very good. I seen on short movies that these animals cantering in the same way like horses and this pose is just one phase of canter. The thing which may make this figure look a little bit too graceful for that specie is head, wildebeests have quite heavy looking heads normally scratch
But of course I love that figure very much king We can search small flaws even in best figures but is it really necessary scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:57 pm

ana wrote:
In my opinion pose of this gnu is very good. I seen on short movies that these animals cantering in the same way like horses and this pose is just one phase of canter. The thing which may make this figure look a little bit too graceful for that specie is head, wildebeests have quite heavy looking heads normally scratch
But of course I love that figure very much king We can search small flaws even in best figures but is it really necessary scratch
I love his pose! It´s fantastic... only one thing could be better... his tail should be longer Laughing But that´s a small thing... I love the way he is!!!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Well, I made a black wildebeest recently, so here's my opinion again, now more detailed. First of all, I like the pose and specially like that CollectA is making so many new figures.

Second thing is that we need to see the figure with my own eyes, or we need more pictures.

IMO the head is too similar to a horse head, BUT referring only to that picture, maybe I'm wrong. As Ana says wildebeest have biggest heads and powerful necks, I prefer also a biggest head, and the shape of the head seems different from the wildebeest one. In black wildebeest the muzzle is big and wide, not beautiful, I think :) also the shape of the face is convex, but as I said before I will wait until having on my hands or seeing more pictures to compare all that terms :)
The horns are really well made as the shape of the mane and the beard. Maybe the colour is a little bit light, but in wildness there are several colours for the same specie. The fur is very well worked, in my opinion.
Congratulations again to CollectA for new species figures, I can wait to see them!!!

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:12 pm

MartinH wrote:

I love his pose! It´s fantastic... only one thing could be better... his tail should be longer Laughing But that´s a small thing... I love the way he is!!!!

Yes I agree the tail should have been longer but it was too late to change it when I realised.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Excelent! 100% cheers

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 pm

HOLY..................!!!

I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!I collect only sheep!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:04 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree with the pose CollectAzoo Wink I can't find a pic with this exact pose but, as Crocger thought about a horse pose, I thought about a very macho bison bull I saw on tv, the guy was trotting like this white-tailed gnu among the herd " Hey, is everyone can see who is the boss here ?".
It also remember me the PAPO blue wildebeest because those two guys have a very strong personnality. Very Happy

Christophe, of course you cannot find easily a picture of a black gnu in this pose, that's the reason why I'm saying it is not natural! Not natural and impossible are 2 different things. For example, we agree that the Papo crocodile is full of personality but the pose is impossible.
In my point of view a figure only is full of personality when it has the correct personality, a macaque with croc personality doesn't work as well as a crocodile with macaque personality! Laughing ;)Have you got my idea? monkey

@ Ana, I see the way texture and muscles were worked in a different style from Deborah's horses, whose from pictures look almost without texture while this figure is rich in this point.
But the pose remembers me a lot some Deborah horses! Could you see why I was asking?

This is the CollectA andalucian horse very badly photoshoped with the tail of the Lusitano horse

By the way, a picture showing several black gnus trying to take the first bus of the morning! :) Strange way of moving, isn't it?

Those are many gnus in a slower motion Laughing

I'll get the figure for my collection! :)
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:32 am

What are you guys talking about????? Shocked This pose is perfectly normal for black gnu... walking or running... this is normal pose and i love it!! I don´t see horse in it at all! Very Happy Very Happy scratch

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm

MartinH wrote:
What are you guys talking about????? Shocked This pose is perfectly normal for black gnu... walking or running... this is normal pose and i love it!! I don´t see horse in it at all! Very Happy Very Happy scratch

I must use my heart to comment and not my brain! Of course you cannot see a horse in it and gnus move like horses! Isn't it nice a new species in the market? I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:53 pm

MartinH wrote:

I agree with Martin but I also see what Roger means. What he is essentially saying is that the trotting style of the Gnu has been done before but in horses so as soon as you see the Gnu you can think of Horse models in a similar pose. I see what you mean Roger but I promise you this was not designed or has nothing to do with Deborah - she only designs the horses for CollectA. The pose was taken from a photo and some drawings of a Gnu.

Also I realise something, the photo of the wildebeest and capy are of the prototypes and these are more detailed. A little of this detail is lost once the commercial plastic model is made so please be aware of that. Even though many CollectA models have been finalised some of them have not had their plastic versions created yet like the Giraffe and Okapi. Will keep you posted.

Anyway it is great to see all of us chatting, sharing and debating! Not every figure will be pleasing to everyone and we can all pick out negatives and faults but that is fine - we just want the best and CollectA is taking note.

I cant wait to get this Gnu! I want ten in my collection! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo   CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2012: Black Wildebeest (White Tailed-Gnu) Official Photo
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next