Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Animals around your house... - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 13:11

That's really cool! I miss the time when I used to track frogs lifecycle when I was a boy. The toad and the green tree frog have close relatives in my country and I remember them with nostalgy. Now I rarely see an amphybian, even when I visit my homeland, they're not anymore where they used to be. Most of the territories are lost now and probably their numbers are decreasing. Thanks for sharing those photos, I suspect the turtles are not so easy to handle.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 15:33

Unfortunately that's quite true of amphibians everywhere. It was really cool to be deep in the wetlands for a week and see so much wildlife that I never see around my subdivision home.

Some of these turtles were quite sassy for sure. The soft shells in particular, as you would expect, were ready to bite. The man handling them is extremely experienced but he had to be careful especially with that peacock soft shell. He looks placid in that photo, but he was not so. Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 18:21

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySat 18 Nov 2023 - 21:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Usually, in my yard, almost only birds come to visit. Here is a white-breasted Nuthatch, who camte to visit us un my hybrid spruce a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySat 18 Nov 2023 - 21:15

And here is a black-eyed Junco photographed in my yard in April 2022.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySat 18 Nov 2023 - 21:24

Oh! And there are always black-capped Chickadees chick-a-deeing in our trees and hedge around the house.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySat 18 Nov 2023 - 21:51

Last one for today: an American Crow crowing in my old white birch, back in March of this year.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySat 18 Nov 2023 - 22:51

Wonderful, all of these are exotic for us Europeans so they're very interesting. I wonder why Safari released a common raven instead of an American crow. I think Safari will need to open a Garden Animals series like Papo. :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 16:09

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 21:19

A Blue Jay feeding in my yard in November 2022.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 21:26

A female Pine Grosbeak feeding in the forest near my home, in February 2021...

...and here is the male Pine Grosbeak.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 21:37

A female American Robin in my Red Spruce. We know it is a female because she has less orange and more white than males do on her belly.

This American Robin, in the other hand, is probably a male. I photographed him when he was searching for worms on my neighbor's lawn, back in May 2021 or 2022.

Finally, this fellow, photographed last Summer underneath my Red Spruce, is a juvenile American Robin. It still has his light markings on its face and wings plus its dark spots on its belly.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:56

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 23:53

I searched the song of the American robin and it is just because of that I found it is a close relative to the Blackbird and not to the European robin. Sometimes these common names are confuse.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 21:28

Roger wrote:
I searched the song of the American robin and it is just because of that I found it is a close relative to the Blackbird and not to the European robin. Sometimes these common names are confuse.

I'm not surprised. The American Robin is rather large for a passerine bird and has a rather elongated silhouette, like the European Blackbird. European robins, on the other hand, look a lot more like our juncos or chickadees: small birds with roundish silhouette.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 23:33

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I'm not surprised. The American Robin is rather large for a passerine bird and has a rather elongated silhouette, like the European Blackbird. European robins, on the other hand, look a lot more like our juncos or chickadees: small birds with roundish silhouette.
You're right, actually it is a thrush and not a robin. It looks like a thrush and sounds like one.
It seems the reddish-orange breast is what originated the similar names and the American bird obtained it from the European.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2023 - 22:05

A male Northern Flicker in the woods near my home, in the end of March 2022.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2023 - 22:12

Grey Catbird in the woods near my home.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2023 - 22:21

Last one for today: a Brown Thrasher in my backyard, in Summer 2022.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2023 - 22:39

Really great! Thanks for sharing, I'm not really familiar with these species and great shots.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 11:45

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 20:53

Roger wrote:
Really great! Thanks for sharing, I'm not really familiar with these species and great shots.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 20:07

Common Grackle.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 20:12

Song Sparrow.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 2:45

oh they are both so beautiful Valerie! Thanks for sharing the photos!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 33 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next