Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Animals around your house... - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 9:53 pm

Holy smokes!! I'm so glad you and your family are safe! affraid That wildfire had to be scary!

Seeing the wild burro is a splendid experience, I hope you have many more of those wonderful encounters and no more of the far too exciting wildfire experiences. pale
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 2:43 am

Glad you and yours are safe! Wildfires are terrifying; I remember the ones we had here, in '98... affraid pale
Those pics of the jack are great!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 1:00 am

nice photos of the wild burro and the birds! including the glossy ibis!

Glad to hear you are safe from the wild fires Paige. That would have been quite scary to experience. It's good that the firefighters managed to contain it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 5:12 pm

Your life is full of excitment since you moved to the new place. Unfrotunately not all experiences are good but fortunately you're safe from the wild fire. Though, it seems you can find a lot of animals you couldn't find before. I love the wild burro.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:36 am

At the beach today
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:32 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
teardrop

teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 11:18 pm

Oh, what a wonderful topic! Went through all of the posts with a lot of interest - thank you for sharing. All kind of animals truly make our live richer and colourful :)

Here are our lovely night garden visitors at the village house, who do not understand that the pavilion winter feeder is actually for daytime birds :)

House Marten

Trio of European Badgers

Also, two foxes and a jackal check-in quite often, but for good or bad, they are not interested in sunflower seeds and dry fruit :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 pm

This is fantastic Maria! Badgers are present in the Portuguese territory and I've never seen one. It seems mustelids enjoy bird's meal. Laughing
Nice to see the heavy badgers and the agile martens. I think the red fox and golden jackal check only to see if they can hunt anything more proteic. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 5:19 am

cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:13 pm

Wonderful to see the Beech/Stone Marten.We don't have them here in the UK only its close relative the rather rare Pine Marten.The Badgers look great as well.It would be wonderful if you got a photo of the jackal!Badgers and foxes are common urban animals in the UK.Foxes are quite easy animals to spot and especially this time of the year when they are looking for mates!

teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 6:23 pm

Here is the Jackal (Canis aureus) from a couple of nights ago.
Not the best photo, but this is closest to the camera he/she came to have a quick dry cherry snack Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 7:08 pm

study study

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Fantastic photo!!!So great that you have so much wonderful wildlife around you!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 12:48 pm

The place you live looks like a Nature reserve for European animals. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 8:34 pm

Wow, such cameras give you a good idea about the night time visitors! How cool is that! Thank you for sharing, Maria!
I love the photo with badgers especially, they are so cute. I never had the chance to see one in real life but I would love too. 💚
And a jackal, quite an exciting visitor too! 🤩

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 2:58 am

In my front yard
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 5:05 am

wow! so amazing, the baby crane! You are really lucky Kelly to see something as special as this!
are they nesting close by then?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 7:50 am

Wow

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 3:05 pm

Beautiful Sandhills!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 3:50 pm

And I thought the pair we have nearby was close! Thats really quite a neat experience, to see their chick close up. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 3:54 pm

Thank you everyone! Only 1 chick this year, they don't always bring them by as young as this one.

Anna, non migratory sandhills are fairly common in my area. They learn where the non threatening suckers live quickly. I live across the street from a patch of woods and a lake; most of the nearby lakefront is undeveloped and they nest there. It is probably 100 yards or a bit more away.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 4:23 pm

Fantastic front yard drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 5:06 pm

The cranes I see here are much bigger but unfortunately not as fantastic as those ones. So nice those elegant dinosaurs introduced their chick to you.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 3:11 am

Thank you!
Baby grows fast. They brought it over twice today that I saw.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 10:56 pm

These guys are not around my house necessarily but I saw them while on a trip to South Carolina. I was visiting the Turtle Survival Alliance for a chelonian husbandry course. If you're not familiar with the TSA (not the Transportation Security Administration), they were created in response to the Asian turtle crisis in the 90's, where millions of turtles were exported all over the world for the pet trade, rapidly depleting wild populations at a rate never before seen. It's still happening today, and many of the species they manage no longer exist in the wild. Each TSA program serves as assurance populations and as rehabituation clinics for the releases of confiscated turtles. This one in South Carolina is an assurance colony specifically for several species of Asian turtles. What that means is they are breeding genetically strong populations of these turtles and keeping them for the hopeful someday when they can be released. Unfortunately for many of these turtles, they will not be released in our lifetimes, as most of their native ranges are not suitable anymore for many reasons (habitat loss, lack of proper regulation for population collection, etc.).

Anyway, those turtles and the class were all very cool BUT we also did a little "herping" or poking around for native reptiles and amphibians and set a few water traps just to see what we would find. Everything pictured here was released immediately after photos!

Banded Water Snake (Nerodia fasciata)

Red-bellied Snake (Storeria occipitomaculata)

Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina)

American Toad (Anaxyrus americanus)

Some other kind of toadlet, haha. Narrow Mouth I think! (Gastrophryne carolinensis)

American Green Tree Frog (Hyla cinerea)

Juvenile Gray Tree Frog (Dryophytes versicolor)

Two-toed Amphiuma (Amphiuma means)

Juvenile Carolina Anole (Anolis carolinensis)

We also met this Alligator Snapping Turtle (Macrochelys temminckii) who was part of the collection (not the Asian turtle part, obviously). He was unique because much of his skin was pink and his eyes were very light and bright, without the pigment that forms a cross that snappers usually have.

And just a small selection of some of the turtles we met that weren't native.

Snake neck turtle (they had a few species and I can't remember which one this was specifically. Possibly Rote Island but if someone recognizes it as something else let me know)

Pig-nosed or Fly River turtle (Carettochelys insculpta)

Burmese Peacock Soft-shell Turtle (Nilssonia formosa)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 32 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next