Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

Animals around your house... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:04 am

Roger wrote:
Exciting and wonderful! Thanks for your great pictures! That's impressive how can someone feel confortable living next to these bears. I love the idea and these animals but I hope it is not dangerous. Very Happy
Normally, living by bears is not dangerous. It is when they lose their fear of people and are comfortable around them that they can become dangerous. Then, they have to be destroyed, and that makes everyone upset. You say this bear didn't seem afraid Goldeneagle. I may be wrong, but I would be cautious around this bear. Wonderful photos by the way. You have a lot of the same animals that I see around my home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 am

Wow, bear just next to Your house Shocked Shocked Shocked I would certainly be quite scared, even if it's not grizzly Shocked But also it's very beautiful view, magnificent animal. Very exciting photos.

Other animals are also very beautiful Very Happy I just LOVE this Oriole Very Happy Thank You for sharing Golden Eagle! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:47 am

some animals i meet arround my old town :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][img][/img]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 am

Amanda, i am a little bit jealous

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 am

Nando, phantastic- but the poor poor porcupine

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 am

Mangalarga wrote:
Update from our bird-feeder!
Right now we experience an invasion of a flock of Siskins (Carduelis spinus) - about 15 birds!
Sorry, no photo, as I don't want to scare them by moving away from window (I'm sitting next to it).
I love Siskins! We get them here too, but very very rarely and it's only a couple at a time - how wonderful to see 15 of them!!

GoldEagle wrote:
Here are some animals that live around my house (all from around last summer through this winter):

Black bear (he wasn't very afraid and came very close to our garage.)
THese are beautiful photos GoldenEagle, the bear! what a fantastic thing to see right by your house. I love the Salamanda, the moths are incredible. The woodpecker looks big, how big are they compared to our great spotted woodpecker?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 am

Ohh! How did I miss these last entries ? Sleep
Amanda, you surely live in a place full of wonders cheers

Nando, fun to see Amanad`s and your pictures after each other, from almost opposite sides of the earth. Very Happy
The cat is BEAUTYFUL ! Is it a special breed of cat ? cat

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Nando, great animal pictures! Very Happy
Just like Susanne I am curious about the cat. I thought it was a Javan leopard cat but checking its tail maybe it is one of several feral cats that can be found in Indonesia? Beautiful animal, Very Happy cat

GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Alright, going to try to respond to everyone here Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Exciting and wonderful! Thanks for your great pictures! That's impressive how can someone feel confortable living next to these bears. I love the idea and these animals but I hope it is not dangerous. Very Happy

Thanks Roger! No, it isn't very dangerous, very few people are attacked by bears here, they usually run away if you make a loud noise like clapping. The only ones you need to watch out for is a mother with her cubs as they will get aggressive with you.

Ana wrote:
Wow, bear just next to Your house Shocked Shocked Shocked I would certainly be quite scared, even if it's not grizzly Shocked But also it's very beautiful view, magnificent animal. Very exciting photos.
Other animals are also very beautiful Very Happy I just LOVE this Oriole Very Happy Thank You for sharing Golden Eagle! cheers

Thank you Anna, we have some bears that live in the woods surrounding our house, but we don't often see them this close to us, but they are still shy and will run if you make noise so there isn't much to worry about.

widukind wrote:

Andreas, what kind of animals do you see around your house?

HKHollinstone wrote:
THese are beautiful photos GoldenEagle, the bear! what a fantastic thing to see right by your house. I love the Salamanda, the moths are incredible. The woodpecker looks big, how big are they compared to our great spotted woodpecker?

Thanks Harriet, according to wikipedia, the Pileated woodpecker has a body length of around of 40 to 49 cm (16 to 19 in) long and each wing is around 21.4 to 25.3 cm (8.4 to 10.0 in) long giving it a wingspan of around 42.8-50.6 cm (16.8-20 in), while your great spotted woodpecker is, on average, 23–26 centimetres (9.1–10 in) long and has a wingspan of 38–44 centimetres (15–17 in). so the pileated seems to be a little bigger then the great spotted woodpecker.

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohh! How did I miss these last entries ? Sleep
Amanda, you surely live in a place full of wonders cheers

Nando, fun to see Amanad`s and your pictures after each other, from almost opposite sides of the earth. Very Happy

Thanks Susanne, and I agree, that cat and bird in Nando's pictures are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm

GoldEagle wrote:
Alright, going to try to respond to everyone here :]

widukind wrote:

Only a few birds, sparrows,common blackbirds,pigeons, a few tits and sometimes one Kestrel Very Happy

Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:59 pm

widukind wrote:
GoldEagle wrote:

widukind wrote:

Only a few birds, sparrows,common blackbirds,pigeons, a few tits and sometimes one Kestrel Very Happy

Oh, Kestrels are one of my favorites, I think I have only seen them twice out here; and I have never seen a tit bird before, not certain if they live in the US, maybe sometime you can post pictures of them? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:31 pm

GoldEagle wrote:
widukind wrote:
GoldEagle wrote:

widukind wrote:

Oh, Kestrels are one of my favorites, I think I have only seen them twice out here; and I have never seen a tit bird before, not certain if they live in the US, maybe sometime you can post pictures of them? Very Happy

i will do my best Very Happy

Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 am

widukind wrote:

andreas, They sell it for eating
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:
Just like Susanne I am curious about the cat. I thought it was a Javan leopard cat but checking its tail maybe it is one of several feral cats that can be found in Indonesia? Beautiful animal, Very Happy cat

Susanne & Roger : thats a wild cat.. i think he is a feral cat.. he is so cute but still a wild cat..

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:18 pm

GoldEagle wrote:
Thanks Harriet, according to wikipedia, the Pileated woodpecker has a body length of around of 40 to 49 cm (16 to 19 in) long and each wing is around 21.4 to 25.3 cm (8.4 to 10.0 in) long giving it a wingspan of around 42.8-50.6 cm (16.8-20 in), while your great spotted woodpecker is, on average, 23–26 centimetres (9.1–10 in) long and has a wingspan of 38–44 centimetres (15–17 in). so the pileated seems to be a little bigger then the great spotted woodpecker.
Thanks for the info! Very Happy I thought it looked bigger - how lucky to see one in your garden. We get the Great Spotted here, but I've always wanted to see a Green Woodpecker (one of my favourite birds), they are so colourful.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:07 pm

NandO wrote:
widukind wrote:

andreas, They sell it for eating
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:

Susanne & Roger : thats a wild cat.. i think he is a feral cat.. he is so cute but still a wild cat..

I know Sad

Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:17 pm

A severe case of mistaken identity - this snail seems to think it's a monkey and tries to climb a tree
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:47 am

widukind wrote:

I agree with Andreas, even though it is sold as a food it should live it good conditions, and these conditions are just horrible.Sad Some of your pictures made me very sad and broke my heart, but even that I know you wanted to make us happy by sharing them. I really like that cat's and the bird's pictures! However, I hope that you will forgive me my honesty. The truth is that Asian's attitude towards animals is just horrible, but I know that these people sometimes live poorly themselves. I have read so many articles and seen so many videos about animals in Asia that my opinion about Asians is quite racist. I don't know whether these people are uneducated, or their culture is so rooted in themselfes that they do not wish to change anything. I know that there are some organisations that are fighting against the bad treatment of animals and I hope one day they will win and people will become more sensitive towards our little friends. I hope you Nando won't find my words offensive or any of you who live in Asia, I don't want to hurt anybody, I'm just giving you my opinion after I saw Nando's pictures.

Goldeagle: your photos are absolutely wonderful, I love that black bear! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:18 am

Fisva wrote:
widukind wrote:

I agree with Andreas, even though it is sold as a food it should live it good conditions, and these conditions are just horrible.Sad Some of your pictures made me very sad and broke my heart, but even that I know you wanted to make us happy by sharing them. I really like that cat's and the bird's pictures! However, I hope that you will forgive me my honesty. The truth is that Asian's attitude towards animals is just horrible, but I know that these people sometimes live poorly themselves. I have read so many articles and seen so many videos about animals in Asia that my opinion about Asians is quite racist. I don't know whether these people are uneducated, or their culture is so rooted in themselfes that they do not wish to change anything. I know that there are some organisations that are fighting against the bad treatment of animals and I hope one day they will win and people will become more sensitive towards our little friends. I hope you Nando won't find my words offensive or any of you who live in Asia, I don't want to hurt anybody, I'm just giving you my opinion after I saw Nando's pictures.

Goldeagle: your photos are absolutely wonderful, I love that black bear! Very Happy

Fisva, I agree that some of what you stated is quite racist. Thanks so much for brightening my day with these horrible sweeping generalizations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
NandO

NandO

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:35 am

Fisva, im not that "asian"..i totally agree with you.. Sad

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:52 am

schleich61 wrote:

Fisva, I agree that some of what you stated is quite racist. Thanks so much for brightening my day with these horrible sweeping generalizations.
I did not intend to generalize, I beg my pardon if it seems so. Every clever man knows that not everyone is the same. But what I have stated is true: I did a research, I've read a lot and I've watched a lot. Of course there are many more parts of the world where the situation is the same. People are just uneducated that animals feel everything the same way as we do, and in many cases it is because of the culture and rituals. It even happens in Poland for Christmas.

NandO wrote:
Fisva, im not that "asian"..i totally agree with you.. Sad
I'm glad NandO that you did not find my words offensive, because I like you and I would feel bad about it. It makes me happy that you also feel bad about the animals. There should be more people like you!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Fisva wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

I did not intend to generalize, I beg my pardon if it seems so. Every clever man knows that not everyone is the same. But what I have stated is true: I did a research, I've read a lot and I've watched a lot. Of course there are many more parts of the world where the situation is the same. People are just uneducated that animals feel everything the same way as we do, and in many cases it is because of the culture and rituals. It even happens in Poland for Christmas.

In your own words, Fisva: "...my opinions about Asians is quite racist." Evidently, you felt the need to say this, so feel free to try to explain it away. If you meant something different and this is a matter of posting in something other than your first language, no problem, just say so. Otherwise, you've been "hoisted by your own
petard" I'm afraid...
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:12 pm

schleich61 wrote:

In your own words, Fisva: "...my opinions about Asians is quite racist." Evidently, you felt the need to say this, so feel free to try to explain it away. If you meant something different and this is a matter of posting in something other than your first language, no problem, just say so. Otherwise, you've been "hoisted by your own
petard" I'm afraid...

Probably it is a matter of language, I ment rather that my opinion may seem racist rather than it is quite racist. Anyway, nowadays even simple "I don't like them" may seem racist to many people... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Fisva wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

petard" I'm afraid...

Probably it is a matter of language, I ment rather that my opinion may seem racist rather than it is quite racist. Anyway, nowadays even simple "I don't like them" may seem racist to many people... Laughing

Agata, not wanting to give too much importance to this subject, I've found your comment polite, however, I have to agree with Phil that there is an useless and dangerous generalisation. As you commented before, the disrespect with Nature is not an Asiatic problem unfortunately this is a human problem. We can find in Asian countries some of the best laws to protect Nature and the most severe punishments to those who disrespect them. Also, when you read about those groups in Asia hunting wild and endangered animals, most of them are to serve the powerful industry of prestigious companies of occidental countries. Curiously, where I find the most aberrant and disrespectful acts against Nature, are in countries that we innocently think of them as great civilisational examples. Agata, I know you and I know you agree with me. I'm sure, your comment was only a sentimental reaction to a picture that can be hurtful to people that love animals like you. flower

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Roger wrote:

Agata, not wanting to give too much importance to this subject, I've found your comment polite, however, I have to agree with Phil that there is an useless and dangerous generalisation. As you commented before, the disrespect with Nature is not an Asiatic problem unfortunately this is a human problem. We can find in Asian countries some of the best laws to protect Nature and the most severe punishments to those who disrespect them. Also, when you read about those groups in Asia hunting wild and endangered animals, most of them are to serve the powerful industry of prestigious companies of occidental countries. Curiously, where I find the most aberrant and disrespectful acts against Nature, are in countries that we innocently think of them as great civilisational examples. Agata, I know you and I know you agree with me. I'm sure, your comment was only a sentimental reaction to a picture that can be hurtful to people that love animals like you. flower

Of course I will agree with you :) My generalisation was a misunderstanding because I referred to Nando's pictures, and I apologised. My reaction was mostly emotional due to fact that I know a lot about what for example Chinese do with animals (and I know people who seen it with their own eyes). If a person is aware of such things there is some kind of hatred and disgust inside one's mind that it is hard to get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
resti

resti

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:16 am

sunny sunny

well we all belong to one family, the human race, and each one of us being a member of this forum, brought about by our love for animals, right, sunny

so here's a song for us, enjoy the music, Wink Wink

:)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 17 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next