Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Animals around your house... - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 am

Not at my house. But i been to my local Grocery Store, and these little guys were hopping around trying to feast on the bugs that swarm around the Lights.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They were mostly just outside the entrance to the store, and we all know how that is no good for these animals.

But i did catch one and took it to a remote location on the property to get a photo with my phone. Yes he peed on me, but at least the Store has a bathroom to wash my hands in.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 8:49 am

Awwwh, he is beautyful drunken

Uhhh, hopping round in front of the stor is certainly not a good idea ! Couldn't somebody move them ? Crying or Very sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:36 am

I love these creatures, I miss times when I played with their cusins on South Portugal, I am glad you saved this one or should I say that you saved some bugs? ;(

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 10:55 am

Heres another photo from the same day.   These two were right by the entrance to the store.

Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 5:55 am

I found a funny caterpillar today - I googled it and it seems to be from Deilephila elpenor. Most interesting was the nose, it reminded me of a shrew
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 9:03 am

At first I thought it was a slug affraid
What a strange creature, - and in a way it is beautyful Very Happy

Great pictures of a weird creature ! Thankyou for sharing cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 1:30 am

Simone, you've found such a strange caterpilar. Thanks to you I've read about it and here is another good example of an incredible creature. You identified it correctly as far as I could see and the caterpillar can adopt two poses, the elephant pose and the snake pose. Laughing That's quite bizarre. The common name, elephant hawk moth is because of its long nose but funny also that you think it looks like a shrew, probably an elephant shrew! Laughing

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 11:55 pm

Nice day out so i took my camera out to see if i can catch something. And i did. a Little Squirrel in a Tree eating a nut

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 2:07 am

That's great. One of the things I remember when I was in USA was that there were squirrels everywhere! Shocked They're quite funny creatures! Very Happy Now, in the woods around Lisbon, there are also squirrels but I never have seen them. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 8:30 am

Lovely critter , and great photos cheers
It is surprising that he just keeps eating even if you are standing there with your camera Shocked

You must have good eyes, - he is almost impossible to spot in that huge tree Laughing

What kind of tree is it? Do you know ?

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Well what tipped me to his presence was the nibbling of the nut he was eating. My camera is very good outdoors, but can be very stubborn with toy models indoors. I have no idea what kind of tree it is. it is one of many in my backyard.

We used to have Raccoons living in a tree back there, but now they seem to have moved on

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:42 pm

Here is another Squirrel In my own tree Barking at me.

Im sorry for the Shakey ness of the camera, It was impossible to hold the camera still, as i dont have a tripod.  Hopefully you can see that he was not so happy to see me, despite trespassing on the tree that my parents planted in my honer when i was a baby

Here is a photo of the same animal

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Wonderful shots cheers

I think it is good that ypu don't understand what he is yelling at you Shocked Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:05 am

Do I listen to an eagle meanwhile? Well, maybe it is not once your squirrel friend seems very calm in a tree that is not providing so much protection. I think it is just shy and telling you to please don't upload it on Facebook. Wink

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:39 am

Roger wrote:
Do I listen to an eagle meanwhile? Well, maybe it is not once your squirrel friend seems very calm in a tree that is not providing so much protection. I think it is just shy and telling you to please don't upload it on Facebook. Wink

This was in the city so i doubt it was an eagle. we have several different birds around here but there often too high up to see.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Another Squirrel.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:00 am

Amazing photo of a wonderful little guy cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 3:03 pm

I saw in our hotel in the turkiye that lizard. Philipp identify it als anatolian rock lizard.

And i saw that bird, my eyes and my camera arent good enozgh to see it better but i think it is a White-spectacled bulbul

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am

On my way to deliver my son to kindergarden today, we ran into this guy, just wandering the streets! He was big, like the size of a goose, it looked quite out of place! I have never seen one before (European Grouse) and I read that they are normally quite shy, but judging from the way he strolled around in the middle of the streets looking like he owned the place, I don't think he has read that same book.  

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 1:36 pm

WOW !!!! That is ultra-rare affraid

Do you think he was raised in captivity ?

He is beautyful Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 1:44 pm

That thought didn´t even enter my mind?! Does that happen? I have no idea, maybe he has escaped from a zoo?! Shocked Very Happy There is a lot of forest nearby, we do live in the country, but I never thought they would venture out into the open like this.
In any case, I hope he find his way to safety soon!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Yes ! Let's hope he will find his way to the forest and have a good life.
They are extinct in Denmark, - I suppose they are quite rare in Norway also ?

In Denmark there are very strict rules for keeping wild animals, all wild Danish birds are not allowed in captivity.
But of course some people always break the rules...I suppose that if somebody stole eggs from a wild grouse, they could have them hatched scratch

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 2:12 pm

I just googled "tiur" and "Siggerud" which is where I live, and actually a couple of newpaper articles came up (from 2001 and 2003), so apparently this has happened before, and he comes from the forest around here.

According to wikipedia there were around 300-400 000 of them in Norway in the 1960´s but the number had been reduced by 35% by the year 2000.
Back to top Go down
SouthNoah

SouthNoah

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 11:12 am

Here two monk parakeets in a park in Barcelona, although they are birds of South America have been living in all the cities of the Mediterranean coast in Spain, Andalusia and Madrid. In Barcelona they are very abundant and coexist with European birds and also with the rose-ringed parakeet.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 11:15 am

Very nice birds.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 26 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next