Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD

Go down 
+46
Juan Andrés
john2xtheman
Tarunyada
Niki2811
JonasV
LeeAnn
koniminiatures
schleich61
ulinuk
arafan
Bloodrayne
Florian
sauroid
QuollMate
docronnie
Zelvik
resti
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
jesman00
dlfrogman
Elros Alvar
K907
Metallisuchus
STORMnl
Tiermann
Sumo
Kristie
Takama
Bruno C Monteiro
Steve170
scot(t)
baltimore zoo
aandmkw
Sergey
Ana
HKHollinstone
tyrantqueen
Katty
widukind
animalluvr6
SUSANNE
ken yeo
Roger
Tylosaurus
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:53 am

@Tylosaurus that blue sperm whale in your box 2 picture, I used to have but it was broken and was thrown away a long time ago No Hopefully someday I will come across another one again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:03 am

K907 wrote:
@Tylosaurus that blue sperm whale in your box 2 picture, I used to have but it was broken and was thrown away a long time ago No Hopefully someday I will come across another one again Very Happy
Oh yeah , I bought that one during my trip to Rottnest Island, Western Australia back in 1989 :)

Here more about Rottnest Island:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Metallisuchus

Metallisuchus

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 am

Tylosaurus wrote:
Metallisuchus wrote:
Wow that's a big Stego collection. I think I currently only have 1 Stegosaur, which is the red Safari one. I still haven't decided on whether or not I'll get the now retired Kentrosaurus.
Many thanks mate! Yeah it did take a while to get 22 for my Orchid display, the DR's and that one marx I already had when I was living in Australia more than 25 years ago Cool

The Retired Safari Ltd. Kentrosaurus is very nice man, it's realy a must have Iwas like, now it's cheap and easy to obtain, the longr you wait, well you know how it goes with every rare collectors item right Cool

Anyhoo, I could you make some closeup pics for ya if you'd like that, this is where you can get them from:

If you ever have the free time, I'd be curious to see how the tail spikes or thagomizers look up close. The thing is so green that it can be hard to see detail from here, haha.

Thanks for the link too, but I'm sure my usual online stores will still have them next time I place an order. See, I tend to buy in like $50-ish increments at certain stores to get free shipping. I only bought my Safari African wild pups from ebay as I could not find em in stores.

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 pm

I have a good camera lemmie see what I can do for ya, the only fault my Kentro has is that Safari Ltd. painted it's tail tip exactly the same as the Thagomizors haha FAIL I was like lmao! Laughing Laughing

Metallisuchus

Metallisuchus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Tylosaurus wrote:
I have a good camera lemmie see what I can do for ya, the only fault my Kentro has is that Safari Ltd. painted it's tail tip exactly the same as the Thagomizors haha FAIL I was like lmao! Laughing Laughing

Haha! That's exactly my concern with this figure, which is why I brought up the tail and thagomizers. It looks like it was sculpted well - it's just the paint that brings this figure down. I don't do repaints either because I'd be afraid I'd mess them up.

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 pm

For you Metallisuchus Cool

Here the Safari Ltd. Kentrosaurus from the top view:

And here from the side view

Those two pictures show you the fault with the tail tip very well! Cool

And here new shots of all the 22 Steggies, but at night and with a new layout of my orchids, due to the new blossoms!

From the left:

From the centre:

And from the right:

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:20 am

interesting these nocturnal pictures! I'm sure Metallisuchus will love the black background! Laughing Very Happy
Flowers and steggies is an unique pairing! flower alien Very Happy

Metallisuchus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:28 am

Ah muchos gracias senor Tylo! I think I'll get this Kentro and it will be my first repaint. I'm sure I can do better than the green on green.

LOL Roger.

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:27 am

Roger wrote:
interesting these nocturnal pictures! I'm sure Metallisuchus will love the black background! Laughing Very Happy

hehe thanks, it seems when I make pics at night, the sharpness of the image always seems to be better, that when I take them at daytime, heh scratch Cool
Metallisuchus wrote:
Ah muchos gracias senor Tylo! I think I'll get this Kentro and it will be my first repaint. I'm sure I can do better than the green on green.

LOL Roger.
Hay no worries man, it was a pleasure to do, I'd be interested to see what you come up with, I am keeping mine original though, as a collector and due to my autism I just can't change such things, even how much better they may look when repainted silent

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Today some mail arrived from my one true love [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tyrantqueen I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And this was in it <3 <3 <3

Here a closeup of the two Brontows , they resemble us, in love through thick and thin I love you I love you I love you I love you

So hereby I thank you soooooo much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tyrantqueen I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love you lots! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://leagueofdilos.forumotion.net/
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Glad you like them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Where are you going to put the sauropod lovers btw? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 pm

I love them sooooo much, but I will always love you MOAR hihi I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you So I placed them on my desk next to my bed:
So every time I wake up I look at them, my mind visualizes them as us together for always and evar! I love you I love you I love you I love you

Also I made an avatar of them Brontow's of Luv I love you I love you I love you Also many thanks to Kikimalou for helping out! cheers cheers cheers

Btw, that Clock Radio is from 1975 and it still works, radio & clock mode, only the light for it's radio stations died 14 years ago lol!
My mum bought it on a market for 5 euro rofl! haha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Metallisuchus

Metallisuchus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Tylosaurus wrote:
Roger wrote:

hehe thanks, it seems when I make pics at night, the sharpness of the image always seems to be better, that when I take them at daytime, heh scratch Cool
Metallisuchus wrote:

LOL Roger.
Hay no worries man, it was a pleasure to do, I'd be interested to see what you come up with, I am keeping mine original though, as a collector and due to my autism I just can't change such things, even how much better they may look when repainted silent

That's an autistic thing? I'm generally the same way - in some odd way, even if I were to get one and paint it a thousand times better, it would forever irk me that it's been altered. This is why I still haven't repainted anything.

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 am

Metallisuchus wrote:
Tylosaurus wrote:
Roger wrote:

Metallisuchus wrote:

LOL Roger.

That's an autistic thing? I'm generally the same way - in some odd way, even if I were to get one and paint it a thousand times better, it would forever irk me that it's been altered. This is why I still haven't repainted anything.
Yeah I think it is, as I have collected various things, 3dfx, ATI, NVIDIA, Matrox & S3 VGA cards, from Engineering Samples to rare Elusive Limited Production samples, to Development boards and you name it, 1980's Toys like G.I.Joe's, Dino-Riders, Large Scale StarWars Starfighters, hand made model aircraft to professionally made desktop models, I never modded a single thing, well as the original models went tht is, the ones I self built I did mod as paints go, but that were still a few, maybe I never liked the idea, I dunno, it just never eveolved, as the VGA cards went I never modded these, it would only decrease their value

An un modded 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 Engineering Sample looks like this:

A modded 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 Engineering Sample looks like this:

Water cooling a rare card like this is practically useless and stupid, every smart 3dfx collector I know, all knows that these cards limit out to about 200Mhz core/mem, they run stock 167Mhz core/mem lol, so water cooling these and OCing them will lessen their lifespan by 60%, since they are prototypes they can burn out faster and also they lose their value by 80%, if not more.

The reason why i keep everything I collect in their original state, is just to save it's value, if you disturb a rare item's original state, it will decrease in value, with VGA cards, Dino-Riders, GI.Joe's and rare Aircraft models this has always been a fact, I dunno how it is with Dino models and toys though, but even I wouldn't know I [prefer to leave them the way they are, even how much better a repaint may seem Cool

But yeah, it could be that my autism has something to do with it, I'm not sure really.

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:19 am

Here's something new for my Steggy Collection, one I just could not resist xD
cheers cheers lol! lol! Laughing Laughing

As the colous go I like them a lot, they are lighter than the previous models and the model it's self is far better detailed and more accurate imo.
This Steggy will be placed amongst all the other 22 Steggies with my orchids and not to worry, I already have a good spot for this beauty Cool

More pics of this Steggy when he arrives! Cool

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Congratulation Tylo, it seems a very fine and expensive model Very Happy

The new Styracosaurus and ankylosaurus catched my eyes too. Shocked I love you The prices also Crying or Very sad Wink
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:32 am

Many thanks Widukind & Kikimalou cheers cheers cheers cheers

More pics of this Awesoem Steggy once he arrives and oh I named him Charlie xDDDD Got the name from that Aboriginal from Crocodile Dundee xDDD Laughing lol! Laughing

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 pm

The Stego is great, I had a feeling you'd like it when the first pictures were released I love you I love you I love you

Although I admit I am not a fan of the colours, but I guess you can't have everything silent
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 pm

tyrantqueen wrote:
The Stego is great, I had a feeling you'd like it when the first pictures were released I love you I love you I love you

Although I admit I am not a fan of the colours, but I guess you can't have everything silent
Thanks as the colours go they are very nice imo, my brighter than others, the bring it to life imo :) This is one of my most colourful Steggies I have, if I compare it to them other 25 I have incl the Dino-Riders Cool

So yeah I am more than happy with it cheers cheers cheers sunny sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Looking forward to see your new steggy! bounce
From these pictures it looks very beautiful and artistic. Also Charlie is agood name once it looks moving like a crocodile... or better, an alligator. alien I like the colors too! Very Happy

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks Roger xDD Yeah it's colours are fascinating imo, best I have seen on any Steggy so far! cheers Cool
It's a Favorite Kinto so you can expect a good result, you pay for it too, I am not a repiant type of guy I collect what is there and then move on to the next, this week my dad and I are gonna go to the IKEA for a new cabinet or vitrine, so i can store more Steggies and Wolfies xDD Yeah collecting Wolves is gonna be my new non-dino hobby :) cheers cheers cheers

They are like Velociraptors of today! cheers They hunt like wolves! cheers cheers Oh wait a second... affraid They are Wolves! cheers cheers cheers cheers Laughing lol! Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Laughing :lol:I'm glad you'll collect wolves that hunt like wolves. What an unusual collection! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Looking forward to see them. They are versatile predators, it won't be a problem for them to hunt all of your Steggies! affraid Laughing Wink
If you ever find an Iberian wolf please let me know. bounce :)

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 pm

an Iberian Wolf, never seen one of those before, but I'm sure someone made them, I also seek a Dire Wolf still, even that the Gray Wolf comes close.

You can meet my first wolf here:

His name is Wolfie xD

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Okay STS'ers :)

The Favorite Kinto Stegosaurus arrived a few days ago :) Here some pics:

Front left angled:

Front right angled:

Favorite Kinto Stegosaurus face front:

Favorite Kinto Stegosaurus rear right:

Favorite Kinto Stegosaurus top:

Favorite Kinto Stegosaurus belly:

Favorite Kinto Stegosaurus vs Bullyland Stegosaurus top:

Favorite Kinto Stegosaurus vs Bullyland Stegosaurus closeup:

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://leagueofdilos.forumotion.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD
Page 8 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next