Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures

Go down 
+16
Cyhyraeth
Steve170
sauroid
Taos
aandmkw
Sergey
remowshake
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Roger
SUSANNE
ken yeo
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
scot(t)
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 am

Wonderful Scott- big congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Are the turtles by Kaiyodo or Yujin? scratch
Can you please share better pics (please with the lines) from the puffin and the mouse on the right side of the pangoline? sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Harriet, which Corgi do you like (there are two), the one with its foot lifted? or the older one? (or the one on the left or the one on the right? or even better: the one next to the snakes, or the one next to the young wild pig?) just curious.
I should have specified which one shouldn't I Laughing
The older one, standing in all his paws, he's gorgeous. Being "Older" does that mean he's hard to find and expensive?
I'll have to keep an eye out for him.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:35 pm

widukind wrote:
Wonderful Scott- big congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Are the turtles by Kaiyodo or Yujin? scratch
Can you please share better pics (please with the lines) from the puffin and the mouse on the right side of the pangoline? sunny sunny sunny

Thank you Andreas! The turtles are definitely Kaiyodo -- 'Kaiyodo' is stamped on the plastic, they are made of hard plastic, and they came with ChocoEgg "booklets" -- but they do look a lot their Yujin counterparts. I have both the Yujin and the Kaiyodo Yellow-Margined Box Turtle and while the Yujin's colors are more vibrant and they Yujin models are made of soft-plastic, the size and even the pose are extremely similar.

I will definitely take some more pics of the puffin and mouse and share them here. I'll have those up in the next day or two.

HKHollinstone wrote:

I should have specified which one shouldn't I Laughing
The older one, standing in all his paws, he's gorgeous. Being "Older" does that mean he's hard to find and expensive?
I'll have to keep an eye out for him.

Yeah, I really like that one too, Harriet. It looks more like a Corgi to me than the other one. I don't think it's harder to find. In fact, I saw that Corgi much more often on eBay than the "newer" one. And it wasn't that expensive -- about $5 I think (before shipping). Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Shocked Great pictures and collection Scot!! Thanks for sharing them :)

I see you got the king cheetah!!! Very Happy

What species is the owl?

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Thank you Scott Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks Steve! I did finally get the King Cheetah and I love it. I'm a convert: King Cheetahs are awesome. (Actually, in general, I've come to love the Cheetah much more since collecting animals. I do have a lot of Lions and Tigers. But compared to most other animals, I have a disproportionately large number of Cheetahs. For example, the only member of the Colorata "Big Cats" Box that I have is the running Cheetah. However, if there were more great Jaguar figures, I'd have those too; I'm a big fan of Jaguars.)

Steve170 wrote:

What species is the owl?

It is a Short-Eared Owl (Asio flammeus). (The nice thing about Kaiyodo is that they are very specific. Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Andreas, here are some pictures of the Puffin and the Ryukyu Long-Tailing Rat (I hope that's the one you meant). The second picture in each set traces the joints of the figure visible in the first picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Many many thanks Scott!! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5