Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures

Go down 
+16
Cyhyraeth
Steve170
sauroid
Taos
aandmkw
Sergey
remowshake
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Roger
SUSANNE
ken yeo
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
scot(t)
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 am

Wow Scott, that eel looks so realistic! As you said, one can really get the slick and wet feeling from the painting.

I find eels extremely creepy though. But a very cool figure!

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank you very much Roger!

They really are, Steve! (in a league of their own) It's been such a pleasure collecting them. and thank you!

I agree completely Krista, extremely creepy. nightmarishly so. if there were an emoticon shuddering, I'd put it here. Instead, I'll just write 'brrrrhehehehhrrrreeeeblah!' (wait, is this a "shuddering" emoticon?: Mad ...I just don't know what that little dude is doing.)

Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:10 pm

that is an awesome Kaiyodo eel! Shocked i hope to get one someday, both as a figure and a real one in my tank. Laughing
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Thank you Sauroid!

A real eel? I find that both very cool and very unnerving. I'll stick with the plastic. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Phantastic eel- Congratulations Scott!! cheers cheers cheers And how big are the lines between the pieces?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 am

It's extremely beautiful. The paintwork is amazing, congratulations Scott! I don't think I've seen it before, Kaiyodo make so many gorgeous models.
scot(t) wrote:
(Thank you DariaI also recently saw a picture of the Doberman and it looked really nice... I am crazy for Kaiyodo.

Oh I haven't seen that, could you share a link?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:49 pm

widukind wrote:
Phantastic eel- Congratulations Scott!! cheers cheers cheers And how big are the lines between the pieces?

Thank you Andreas. The lines are not so bad. But I'll take some better pictures and post them (but not today since it is so cloudy and rainy, it is completely dark). The figure is only three pieces total, so there are fewer lines. At many angles, they are very hard to see. It is one of the better models in that respect.

HKHollinstone wrote:

scot(t) wrote:
I also recently saw a picture of the Doberman and it looked really nice... I am crazy for Kaiyodo.

Oh I haven't seen that, could you share a link?

Hi Harriet, here is a link to a listing on eBay. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll post the pictures they had up so you can see it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:01 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Hi Harriet, here is a link to a listing on eBay. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll post the pictures they had up so you can see it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Argh! Shocked I want one What a Face he's so delicate and elegant looking. Thanks for the link Scott!

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:19 pm

I just bought them Laughing and a couple other things.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:49 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I just bought them Laughing and a couple other things.

I'm so glad! I agree with you entirely; they are so elegant and lovely.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:14 pm

how much members buy by this ebay-seller scratch lol! lol! lol!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 pm

widukind wrote:
how much members buy by this ebay-seller scratch lol! lol! lol!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:05 pm

widukind wrote:
And how big are the lines between the pieces?

Andreas, here are some pictures that hopefully give you a better idea of the visibility of the lines between the pieces that make up the Eel figure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope that helps!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Ugghhhh! That eel looks slimy Shocked
I am dead scared of eels What a Face

Apart from this silly sentiment, it is a fantastic model !!!! Wink

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
me too! Especially those ones that burrow into the fish and eat it inside out! pale

Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
me too! Especially those ones that burrow into the fish and eat it inside out! pale
I hadn't heard that before Shocked

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:12 am

Steve170 wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

great. now I'm all freaked out and staring at that stupid kaiyodo eel model suspiciously.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 am

scot(t) wrote:
Steve170 wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

great. now I'm all freaked out and staring at that stupid kaiyodo eel model suspiciously.

Laughing sorry Embarassed
I'll have to ask my brother what kind of eel it was, they're sea creatures I think. One reason why I'll never go swimming in the sea, actually we have seen eels in the rivers and streams right near my house, but they're harmless to humans and very timid.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:11 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
Steve170 wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

No it's true though, I'll have to ask my brother what kind of eel it was, they're sea water creatures though. One reason why I'll never go swimming in the sea, actually we have seen eels in the rivers and streams right near my house, but they're harmless to humans and very timid.

I just asked him and he said it's called a Hagfish (horrible name!) take a look... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They're not eels, but look like them, so Scott you can go back to liking your Kaiyodo one now Razz

These are hideous too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:57 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

No it's true though, I'll have to ask my brother what kind of eel it was, they're sea water creatures though. One reason why I'll never go swimming in the sea, actually we have seen eels in the rivers and streams right near my house, but they're harmless to humans and very timid.

I just asked him and he said it's called a Hagfish (horrible name!) take a look... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They're not eels, but look like them, so Scott you can go back to liking your Kaiyodo one now Razz

These are hideous too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lampreys are the worst animals on earth. Seriously. I would never buy a model of a lamphrey. Ever. Blech.

(I'm am back to liking my Kaiyodo Eel though. Thank you. Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Thank you Scott, that helps a lot. sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Just a quick mention - that Peacock is not Kaiyodo. It's by Furuta; part of their Funny Animals sets that they released basically in direct competition with Kaiyodo when Kaiyodo began collaborating with Takara. Initially Kaiyodo collaborated with Furuta on the Animatales (Chocoeggs) series, but around series 5 Furuta and Kaiyodo parted ways and Kaiyodo continued the Animatales (ChocoQ) figures with Takara. Furuta continued its Chocoeggs line with two series of "Funny Animals" or "Amazing Animals". The peacock pictured earlier is part of Furuta's series - Kaiyodo had nothing to do with it.

Fun Fact for today affraid cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am

That's really interesting. Thank you!

Isn't the Baboon (with Baby) and the Tasmanian Devil part of the "Funny/Amazing" animal series as well? (I think I have several others from that series: the Armadillo and Meerkat, for example.)

Is the King Cheetah an actual Kaiyodo?

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:13 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
Steve170 wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I'll have to ask my brother what kind of eel it was, they're sea creatures I think. One reason why I'll never go swimming in the sea, actually we have seen eels in the rivers and streams right near my house, but they're harmless to humans and very timid.

Then there is the feared Amazonian catfish, the Candiru Asu. I would note that there is a much smaller version of this creature, as well.

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:06 am

scot(t) wrote:
That's really interesting. Thank you!

Isn't the Baboon (with Baby) and the Tasmanian Devil part of the "Funny/Amazing" animal series as well? (I think I have several others from that series: the Armadillo and Meerkat, for example.)

Is the King Cheetah an actual Kaiyodo?

Yes, both the Baboon and Tasmanian Devil are Furuta, and you are correct about the Armadillo and Meerkat from your collection both being from that series. The King Cheetah is Furuta as well. One of the easiest ways to tell which is which: All of Kaiyodo's figures were "Animals of Japan," whereas, Furuta's were global. So all of Kaiyodo's can be found in Japan - whether they are native to Japan or not didn't seem to matter. Some of the species Kaiyodo produced were introduced species, but they were all regarded as, and thus included as animals of Japan.

Furuta produces the Chocoeggs figures - from animals to planes and ships - Furuta is the producer of Chocoeggs, which are literally little chocolate egg candies. Kaiyodo worked with Furuta to produce the first 5 sets of Chocoeggs Animals of Japan (aka, Animatales). Kaiyodo and Furuta parted ways following the release of Chocoeggs Animals of Japan Series 5, and Kaiyodo teamed up with Takara. Kaiyodo/Takara continued the Animals of Japan series under Takara's ChocoQ lineup, starting with Series 6 and continuing through Series 11.

Meanwhile, jilted ex-partner Furuta produced Chocoeggs Funny Animals/Amazing Animals Series 6 and 7 to directly compete with the Kaiyodo/Takara ChocoQ Animatales.

Such drama and suspense for toy companies!

Oh - and none of these figures are "Puzzle" figures. FameMaster produces those. Kaiyodo, Takara, and Furuta produce Capsule figures. They come in pieces so that they can fit inside really small capsules and then be sold blind in a vending machine. They could never fit a fully built figure inside one of those capsules. But they most definitely are not puzzles (most even come with directions for assembling them, in case it wasn't obvious). And, it's been my experience that the figures that hit the market in the first few waves have the tightest joints, some so much so as to be barely visible. As the production runs continue, the joints and seams tend to become much more obvious. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next