Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures

Go down 
+16
Cyhyraeth
Steve170
sauroid
Taos
aandmkw
Sergey
remowshake
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Roger
SUSANNE
ken yeo
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
scot(t)
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 am

schleich61 wrote:

Then there is the feared Amazonian catfish, the Candiru Asu. I would note that there is a much smaller version of this creature, as well.

Hideous hideous hideous. Seriously, Phil, this is the stuff of nightmares. I can absolutely guarantee that I will never take a swim in the Amazon. never.

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:38 am

scot(t) wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

Then there is the feared Amazonian catfish, the Candiru Asu. I would note that there is a much smaller version of this creature, as well.

Hideous hideous hideous. Seriously, Phil, this is the stuff of nightmares. I can absolutely guarantee that I will never take a swim in the Amazon. never.

Taking a swim in the Amazon? Probably not the safest river to swim in...giant catfish, caiman, anaconda, various toothy pack fish... affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:16 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
Just a quick mention - that Peacock is not Kaiyodo. It's by Furuta; part of their Funny Animals sets that they released basically in direct competition with Kaiyodo when Kaiyodo began collaborating with Takara. Initially Kaiyodo collaborated with Furuta on the Animatales (Chocoeggs) series, but around series 5 Furuta and Kaiyodo parted ways and Kaiyodo continued the Animatales (ChocoQ) figures with Takara. Furuta continued its Chocoeggs line with two series of "Funny Animals" or "Amazing Animals". The peacock pictured earlier is part of Furuta's series - Kaiyodo had nothing to do with it.

Fun Fact for today affraid cheers

scot(t) wrote:
That's really interesting. Thank you!

Isn't the Baboon (with Baby) and the Tasmanian Devil part of the "Funny/Amazing" animal series as well? (I think I have several others from that series: the Armadillo and Meerkat, for example.)

Is the King Cheetah an actual Kaiyodo?

sphyrna18 wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Isn't the Baboon (with Baby) and the Tasmanian Devil part of the "Funny/Amazing" animal series as well? (I think I have several others from that series: the Armadillo and Meerkat, for example.)

Yes, both the Baboon and Tasmanian Devil are Furuta, and you are correct about the Armadillo and Meerkat from your collection both being from that series. The King Cheetah is Furuta as well. One of the easiest ways to tell which is which: All of Kaiyodo's figures were "Animals of Japan," whereas, Furuta's were global. So all of Kaiyodo's can be found in Japan - whether they are native to Japan or not didn't seem to matter. Some of the species Kaiyodo produced were introduced species, but they were all regarded as, and thus included as animals of Japan.

Furuta produces the Chocoeggs figures - from animals to planes and ships - Furuta is the producer of Chocoeggs, which are literally little chocolate egg candies. Kaiyodo worked with Furuta to produce the first 5 sets of Chocoeggs Animals of Japan (aka, Animatales). Kaiyodo and Furuta parted ways following the release of Chocoeggs Animals of Japan Series 5, and Kaiyodo teamed up with Takara. Kaiyodo/Takara continued the Animals of Japan series under Takara's ChocoQ lineup, starting with Series 6 and continuing through Series 11.

Meanwhile, jilted ex-partner Furuta produced Chocoeggs Funny Animals/Amazing Animals Series 6 and 7 to directly compete with the Kaiyodo/Takara ChocoQ Animatales.

Such drama and suspense for toy companies!

Oh - and none of these figures are "Puzzle" figures. FameMaster produces those. Kaiyodo, Takara, and Furuta produce Capsule figures. They come in pieces so that they can fit inside really small capsules and then be sold blind in a vending machine. They could never fit a fully built figure inside one of those capsules. But they most definitely are not puzzles (most even come with directions for assembling them, in case it wasn't obvious). And, it's been my experience that the figures that hit the market in the first few waves have the tightest joints, some so much so as to be barely visible. As the production runs continue, the joints and seams tend to become much more obvious. Just my two cents.

Sphyrna, I'm sorry but I can't agree with you. No

It's true KAIYODO worked with TAKARA and FURUTA but, indeed, KAIYODO made the models and The others sold them in their eggs, a bit like Kinder is selling eggs in Europe with something made by another company inside the egg. TAKARA and FURUTA are the egg's owner and maker and KAIYODO is the "something in the egg" maker. Sometimes it is only wrote FURUTA, sometimes FURUTA-KAIYODO or TAKARA-KAIYODO but both are KAIYODOS.

About the Amazing animals serie, they were made by KAIYODO for TAKARA and not for FURUTA. The King cheetah is a KAYODO and was made for TAKARA as it is wrote on the leaflet Wink

So... When you say it is easy to know it it is a FURUTA or KAIYODO because KAIYODO only produced "animals of Japan" is false and confusing. KAIYODO produced "animals fo the world" for FURUTA and also for TAKARA. KAIYODO also produced dinos of course for UHA.

The two Funny animals were made for FURUTA without the KAIYODO logos in 2002 and 2003. With some more pets in 2003, It was the last FURUTA new animals. They reedited some of the first series as "classic" in 2009, but nothing new. FURUTA also sold an original dino serie in 2008.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:30 am

schleich61 wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

Taking a swim in the Amazon? Probably not the safest river to swim in...giant catfish, caiman, anaconda, various toothy pack fish... affraid
I couldn't bring myself to watch the video you posted Phil Shocked I'm too scared! Laughing
I swim in the rivers near my house, we get a variety of fish including Salmon and trout. Have you heard of people paying to have minnows eat the dead skin off their feet? Well in my river if you sit still, loads of little minnows will come up and start nibbling your feet. They're the only creatures that come anywhere near you though, everything else (I nearly said runs!) swims for it's life.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 am

Kikimalou wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
Just a quick mention - that Peacock is not Kaiyodo. It's by Furuta; part of their Funny Animals sets that they released basically in direct competition with Kaiyodo when Kaiyodo began collaborating with Takara. Initially Kaiyodo collaborated with Furuta on the Animatales (Chocoeggs) series, but around series 5 Furuta and Kaiyodo parted ways and Kaiyodo continued the Animatales (ChocoQ) figures with Takara. Furuta continued its Chocoeggs line with two series of "Funny Animals" or "Amazing Animals". The peacock pictured earlier is part of Furuta's series - Kaiyodo had nothing to do with it.

Fun Fact for today affraid cheers

scot(t) wrote:

sphyrna18 wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Yes, both the Baboon and Tasmanian Devil are Furuta, and you are correct about the Armadillo and Meerkat from your collection both being from that series. The King Cheetah is Furuta as well. One of the easiest ways to tell which is which: All of Kaiyodo's figures were "Animals of Japan," whereas, Furuta's were global. So all of Kaiyodo's can be found in Japan - whether they are native to Japan or not didn't seem to matter. Some of the species Kaiyodo produced were introduced species, but they were all regarded as, and thus included as animals of Japan.

Furuta produces the Chocoeggs figures - from animals to planes and ships - Furuta is the producer of Chocoeggs, which are literally little chocolate egg candies. Kaiyodo worked with Furuta to produce the first 5 sets of Chocoeggs Animals of Japan (aka, Animatales). Kaiyodo and Furuta parted ways following the release of Chocoeggs Animals of Japan Series 5, and Kaiyodo teamed up with Takara. Kaiyodo/Takara continued the Animals of Japan series under Takara's ChocoQ lineup, starting with Series 6 and continuing through Series 11.

Meanwhile, jilted ex-partner Furuta produced Chocoeggs Funny Animals/Amazing Animals Series 6 and 7 to directly compete with the Kaiyodo/Takara ChocoQ Animatales.

Such drama and suspense for toy companies!

Oh - and none of these figures are "Puzzle" figures. FameMaster produces those. Kaiyodo, Takara, and Furuta produce Capsule figures. They come in pieces so that they can fit inside really small capsules and then be sold blind in a vending machine. They could never fit a fully built figure inside one of those capsules. But they most definitely are not puzzles (most even come with directions for assembling them, in case it wasn't obvious). And, it's been my experience that the figures that hit the market in the first few waves have the tightest joints, some so much so as to be barely visible. As the production runs continue, the joints and seams tend to become much more obvious. Just my two cents.

Sphyrna, I'm sorry but I can't agree with you. No

It's true KAIYODO worked with TAKARA and FURUTA but, indeed, KAIYODO made the models and The others sold them in their eggs, a bit like Kinder is selling eggs in Europe with something made by another company inside the egg. TAKARA and FURUTA are the egg's owner and maker and KAIYODO is the "something in the egg" maker. Sometimes it is only wrote FURUTA, sometimes FURUTA-KAIYODO or TAKARA-KAIYODO but both are KAIYODOS.

About the Amazing animals serie, they were made by KAIYODO for TAKARA and not for FURUTA. The King cheetah is a KAYODO and was made for TAKARA as it is wrote on the leaflet Wink

So... When you say it is easy to know it it is a FURUTA or KAIYODO because KAIYODO only produced "animals of Japan" is false and confusing. KAIYODO produced "animals fo the world" for FURUTA and also for TAKARA. KAIYODO also produced dinos of course for UHA.

The two Funny animals were made for FURUTA without the KAIYODO logos in 2002 and 2003. With some more pets in 2003, It was the last FURUTA new animals. They reedited some of the first series as "classic" in 2009, but nothing new. FURUTA also sold an original dino serie in 2008.

You are correct - I misspoke about the King Cheetah. I forgot that was part of the CHOCOQ series AMAZING ANIMALS. Sorry about that. However, the CHOCOEGG FUNNY ANIMALS were not produced by KAIYODO for FURUTA.

Kaiyodo's involvement in Furuta's Chocoeggs ended when Kaiyodo began producing figures for Takara ChocoQ. The Funny Animals sets were released by Furuta and had no input from Kaiyodo. The Funny Animals series was not sculpted by Kaiyodo either.

Kaiyodo's primary animal figures were the Animatales figures - the Animals of Japan. All of the Animals in the Animatales line are Japanese. The ChocoQ Amazing Animals was produced by Kaiyodo for Takara, and was featured animals not found in Japan. But it clearly delineated from the Animatales figures that preceeded its release. Furuta introduced the Animatales ("Animals of Japan") as their Chocoeggs series, which grew steadily to include Disney characters, military vehicles, and all sorts of other releases. Since Furuta is a candy/confectionary maker and distributor, they contracted with Kaiyodo to produce the Animatales figures. It was Kaiyodo who decided which species to produce as well as to make the prototypes and oversee their production. Since Kaiyodo was in charge of production, they had copyright over the sculpts. If Kaiyodo had anything to do with Furuta's Funny Animals sets, they would have had copyrights to those sculpts as well, and it would be indicated on the packaging. Kaiyodo is many, many things, but willing to go uncredited they're not. Wink

Even though it was Furuta's idea to produce/market the Animals of Japan, since Kaiyodo did the sculpts and designs, Kaiyodo was able to take the concept with them when they worked with Takara, which is a rival confectionary company of Furuta. Furuta continued to release animals in their Chocoegg series with the Funny Animals sets, and they numbered them numbers 6 and 7. Meanwhile, Kaiyodo was working with Takara on the ChocoQ Animatales and they, too, continued the numbering for each set, so Takara's first Animatales set was set number 6.

Kaiyodo has worked with many companies over the years, from Suntory (a drink company) to Glico (another confectionary company). Regardless of who they work with, they are always credited. They sculpt the prototypes and retain ownership of them, and they oversee the production of the final products. They have a strong reputation for being superior artists, and therefore it is in their collaborators' best interests to prominantly display the Kaiyodo logo on the product sheets. Since Furuta did not do that for their Funny Animals series, it is a pretty quick give away that they are not Kaiyodo sculpts.

And for those who have been following along - the plot thickened for animal figure collectors when Takara combined with Yujin and formed Takara-T.O.M.Y. Arts (or T-ARTS, for short). Since Yujin had a vast catalog of animal figures, we've seen quite a few re-issues of Yujin figures now as part of the T-ARTS lineup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:00 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video you posted Phil Shocked I'm too scared! Laughing
I swim in the rivers near my house, we get a variety of fish including Salmon and trout. Have you heard of people paying to have minnows eat the dead skin off their feet? Well in my river if you sit still, loads of little minnows will come up and start nibbling your feet. They're the only creatures that come anywhere near you though, everything else (I nearly said runs!) swims for it's life.

No need to view the video, Harriet, as it's not required viewing... :) Flesh-eating minnows? Sounds like Amazon-upon-Tyne! Just wondering, but what will these minnows do when they are all grown up? pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
You are correct - I misspoke about the King Cheetah. I forgot that was part of the CHOCOQ series AMAZING ANIMALS. Sorry about that. However, the CHOCOEGG FUNNY ANIMALS were not produced by KAIYODO for FURUTA.

Kaiyodo's involvement in Furuta's Chocoeggs ended when Kaiyodo began producing figures for Takara ChocoQ. The Funny Animals sets were released by Furuta and had no input from Kaiyodo. The Funny Animals series was not sculpted by Kaiyodo either.
It was Kaiyodo who decided which species to produce as well as to make the prototypes and oversee their production. Since Kaiyodo was in charge of production, they had copyright over the sculpts. If Kaiyodo had anything to do with Furuta's Funny Animals sets, they would have had copyrights to those sculpts as well, and it would be indicated on the packaging. Kaiyodo is many, many things, but willing to go uncredited they're not. Wink
Kaiyodo has worked with many companies over the years, from Suntory (a drink company) to Glico (another confectionary company). Regardless of who they work with, they are always credited. They sculpt the prototypes and retain ownership of them, and they oversee the production of the final products. They have a strong reputation for being superior artists, and therefore it is in their collaborators' best interests to prominantly display the Kaiyodo logo on the product sheets. Since Furuta did not do that for their Funny Animals series, it is a pretty quick give away that they are not Kaiyodo sculpts.

Very interesting point ! I understand your reasoning.
Maybe you have information from a good source ?

sphyrna18 wrote:
And for those who have been following along - the plot thickened for animal figure collectors when Takara combined with Yujin and formed Takara-T.O.M.Y. Arts (or T-ARTS, for short). Since Yujin had a vast catalog of animal figures, we've seen quite a few re-issues of Yujin figures now as part of the T-ARTS lineup.

scratch Which re-issues ?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 am

schleich61 wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

No need to view the video, Harriet, as it's not required viewing... :) Flesh-eating minnows? Sounds like Amazon-upon-Tyne! Just wondering, but what will these minnows do when they are all grown up? pale
I didn't realise they were baby fish, I thought they were always that small. I guess if anything they're trout, so they're harmless Laughing

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: A Few more Kaiyodo   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:09 am

I just wanted to share a couple photos of some recent acquisitions. After Andreas began the '[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]' discussion, and Christophe posted some shots of the King Cheetah, I realized I couldn't wait any longer to get, price be damned. A good thing too, because it was totally worth it. Gorgeous model. (But we already knew this from many pictures by forum members. Here is mine:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also picked up this Shiba Inu model, which is very nice.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 am

Congratulation Scott cheers

If you find enough time, it would be cool to see a "family"pic of your KAIYODO now Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:59 am

Kikimalou wrote:
If you find enough time, it would be cool to see a "family"pic of your KAIYODO now Wink
Yes yes!! bounce bounce bounce

Congratulations on the king cheetah and Shiba Inu dog, they're beautiful. cheers

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 am

They're beautiful drunken ! Congrats.
The photos are also very nice

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you Christophe, Harriet and A-J!

I will take a "family" shot today and post it. That's a good idea.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 am

Caiyodo is a clever choice. Unless you are always sure that you have magnificent figures in your hands. Thanks for showing, both are great! Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:55 am

Roger wrote:
Caiyodo is a clever choice. Unless you are always sure that you have magnificent figures in your hands. Thanks for showing, both are great! Very Happy

very true Roger; thank you!

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Group Shot   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 am

So here is a group shot. Even after scouring all my corners, I still missed a couple, so it's not entirely complete. (I even missed the Shiba Inu I just posted about!) But I'll throw in some pictures of the stragglers as well.

The entire group:

and in addition to the Shiba Inu a few posts above, here is one that missed the school picture (as well as the Kaiyodo Bongo):

I realize that some of these are Kaiyodo/Furuta, some are Kaiyodo/Takara and some are just Furuta. I hope it's understood why that I'm grouping these all together and that I'm using 'Kaiyodo' a bit loosely.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 am

Beautiful collection of Kaiyodos Scott! cheers
I love the picture of the whole group of them I love you I love you Very Happy Thank You for sharing, it is real pleasure to watch Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 am

Thank you very much for those wonderful school pics Cool

You have a very nice collection Scott cheers And I'm sure it is only a beginning !
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Wow! You have a gorgeous collection Scott! I love the Corgi!!!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm

WOOOOW ! Shocked cheers

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Wonderful collection! cheers you call that ''some'' Shocked .
Thanks for sharing these nice photos

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:36 am

...A-a-a-a-a-a! Scott, I want all of them!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Anna, Christophe, Harriet, Susanne, Anne-Joke, and Sergey: Thank you all for your kind comments. I really appreciate them and it is a delight to share.

Harriet, which Corgi do you like (there are two), the one with its foot lifted? or the older one? (or the one on the left or the one on the right? or even better: the one next to the snakes, or the one next to the young wild pig?) just curious.

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:38 pm

What a nice group shot!!!

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks Ken!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next