Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!

Go down 
+31
baltimore zoo
sphyrna18
jarda
MARTINLATIN
Defteros
pm64
PeGe
Sumo
smithyboy
Joan Milelire
STORMnl
LukaLeon085
Steve170
Elros Alvar
Bruno C Monteiro
SommoDracorex
Bernyto
HKHollinstone
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Wildheart
widukind
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
ken yeo
Kristie
Kikimalou
scot(t)
Sergey
Roger
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:18 pm

ana wrote:
Roger wrote:

James gives me some preproduction figures, not the original sculpting. This one usually get destroyed after making the mould, I guess.

I do have prototypes of Mojo horses and they survived, were not destroyed during mold production process. I think it depend of sculpting material. As we could see on short movie about Bullyland figures their sculptor work in wax. No wonder it's easy to damage during production. But if the prototype is made of harder material then it shall survive the process of making silicone mold, and for other molds resin copies could be used, no problem Wink Very Happy

Thanks Ana for interesting information! cheers

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:37 pm

I know, Mojö is a new brand, but if I see this strange mountain lion, I have to say, they have to learn a lot-starting with looking the animals in real, before they start to modeling it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Bongo wrote:
I know, Mojö is a new brand, but if I see this strange mountain lion, I have to say, they have to learn a lot-starting with looking the animals in real, before they start to modeling it. Wink

Very informative cheers Thank you Laughing
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Roger wrote:
STORMnl wrote:
haha

you never know what robert can make of it

maybey another prehistoric cat
as long as it has long teeth

haha,,but youre right roger
as a smilodon it's to elegant

Martien

ps

did james send you the original model?
oh man i hope he wil send me an original prehistoric mammal

Laughing I believe Robert would give a rich diet to the figure but I have another idea for you but with smaller teeth.
Do you have an American cheetah????
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Americancheetah
This draw belongs to PleistoProject

James gives me some preproduction figures, not the original sculpting. This one usually get destroyed after making the mould, I guess.
That's the reason why the figures I show are somewaht different from final production. The Iberian lynx, fortunately, has a better painting than the one I presented. Very Happy
Mojo will release more prehistoric animals very soon, who knows you win a preproduction sample? bounce bounce
i don't know why but i see a job for Sumo here,...
add some neck and leg to a safari cougar, repaint it and here it is,...

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 pm

i love this photo! beautiful lighting and very well shows that the Lynx is focussed on business while the Puma is out for a nice stroll.
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Mojopumalynx

I like her, she is clearly recognizable as a Puma, which is what counts cheers but i am afraid i also feel the head is not quite right. Perhaps it's because she's young, but the skull seems not bulky and round enough? However, my comments can be disregarded if i don't know what i'm talking about, as i claim no particular knowledge about Pumas, it's just a gut feeling.
and the color is good. The lovely soft sandy color of Pumas is so pretty but not easy to catch.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
i love this photo! beautiful lighting and very well shows that the Lynx is focussed on business while the Puma is out for a nice stroll.

I like her, she is clearly recognizable as a Puma, which is what counts cheers but i am afraid i also feel the head is not quite right. Perhaps it's because she's young, but the skull seems not bulky and round enough? However, my comments can be disregarded if i don't know what i'm talking about, as i claim no particular knowledge about Pumas, it's just a gut feeling.
and the color is good. The lovely soft sandy color of Pumas is so pretty but not easy to catch.

Laughing Thanks Carolynn, the lynx is indeed runing away from Iberian finantial crisis, the mountain lion has a much better life, it seems! Wink flower

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 am

Roger wrote:
Laughing Thanks Carolynn, the lynx is indeed runing away from Iberian finantial crisis,

Laughing Laughing Laughing

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
Roger wrote:
Laughing Thanks Carolynn, the lynx is indeed runing away from Iberian finantial crisis,

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:23 am

I have found the 2013 Puma at Hobby Lobby. I picked up a few of them. They are nice, but they have some major paint rubs, all of them, on the left shoulder and some on the ears. Unfortunately, there are some design flaws, but overall I'm pleased with the figure. The paws are small, even for a young female, and the design of the face reminds me a little of Wiley E. Coyote haha. The ears are very triangular, more like what you'd expect to see on a dog or a domestic cat than on a Puma, and the jawline is very square; But still, it's a pretty charming figure, and the eyes are very nicely done. It's paint job is very good, but the paint rubs are a little annoying. I'm pretty sure that there is nothing that Mojo could really do to prevent that. Otherwise, I highly recommend this figure to anyone who likes wild cats and/or wildlife.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:50 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
I have found the 2013 Puma at Hobby Lobby. I picked up a few of them. They are nice, but they have some major paint rubs, all of them, on the left shoulder and some on the ears. Unfortunately, there are some design flaws, but overall I'm pleased with the figure. The paws are small, even for a young female, and the design of the face reminds me a little of Wiley E. Coyote haha. The ears are very triangular, more like what you'd expect to see on a dog or a domestic cat than on a Puma, and the jawline is very square; But still, it's a pretty charming figure, and the eyes are very nicely done. It's paint job is very good, but the paint rubs are a little annoying. I'm pretty sure that there is nothing that Mojo could really do to prevent that. Otherwise, I highly recommend this figure to anyone who likes wild cats and/or wildlife.

Hello Chad, thanks for your helpful information. About the paint rubs I just received a message from James saying that he 'd like if possible some pictures so he can look into this problem immediately and solve it! You can send images to James . Also he wants to send his sincere apologies and offer to replace any figure that you are not happy with (free of charge obviously!). :)

I also would love to receive them if possible, once I'm very curious about your descriptions.
Maybe the final figure is different from the one I'm showing here. scratch
As you can see, on first page, the figure has very rounded ears and curiously, also the jawline, if you mean from front view, is more rounded than in real animals. Check the pictures below. Remember, Now it is me talking and not James! Laughing
About the paws, have you measured the proportions of them with how tall is the figure at sholders? That is a very hard point to check. That's the reason why Papo has oversized paws. Very Happy
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Mojopuma3
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Mountain-lion-picture_315-313
Well, this is a Northern subspecies but I think the ears are alike??? study Laughing
Also age and angle are different but ears pose is identical. 🐰

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Roger,

Thanks for passing that info along from James. I do want to make sure he realizes that overall, this is a really nice Puma figure, and in no way did I mean to make it sound like there are design flaws that should prevent someone from buying one. I'll try to get some pictures posted today or tonight, and I'll take some measurements to see that the ratios are and see if they are correct. The paw issue was primarily with the hind paws. There is a narrowing of the "leg" (actually the foot) before flaring out at the paw (or toes). This may be correct, I'll take a look. The ears do not appear to be quite as rounded as on your prototype. It may be their position.

The only design flaw I've found that actually is incorrect is that the back of the ears are the same color as the body. They should be dark brown or black. Depending upon whether they wanted to represent a northern or a tropical form, the main coat color could be off. The sculpt reminds me very much of a tropical form, which also would feature a more triangular ear than a northern, but if that's the case, the color of the coat should be a little more rusty/orange-brown. That said, I still think that this figure is a really nice sculpt.

Like I said, I'll try to get pix of the paint scuffs as soon as I can so James can see them.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
Roger,

Thanks for passing that info along from James. I do want to make sure he realizes that overall, this is a really nice Puma figure, and in no way did I mean to make it sound like there are design flaws that should prevent someone from buying one. I'll try to get some pictures posted today or tonight, and I'll take some measurements to see that the ratios are and see if they are correct. The paw issue was primarily with the hind paws. There is a narrowing of the "leg" (actually the foot) before flaring out at the paw (or toes). This may be correct, I'll take a look. The ears do not appear to be quite as rounded as on your prototype. It may be their position.

The only design flaw I've found that actually is incorrect is that the back of the ears are the same color as the body. They should be dark brown or black. Depending upon whether they wanted to represent a northern or a tropical form, the main coat color could be off. The sculpt reminds me very much of a tropical form, which also would feature a more triangular ear than a northern, but if that's the case, the color of the coat should be a little more rusty/orange-brown. That said, I still think that this figure is a really nice sculpt.

Like I said, I'll try to get pix of the paint scuffs as soon as I can so James can see them.

Thanks Chad, that's very nice from you. James hasn't actually commented your opinions about the accuracy of the figure. If I know him, he noted your comments to see what can be improved in next revision. Very Happy James only wanted to assure
I find your comments very interesting and I enjoy to discuss these details. As I say, it is nice to learn about wildlife with toys and friends! Laughing
I'm not even saying that you are wrong, only surprised because the ears of my figure are very rounded indeed. 🐰
I must say that I agree with you about the dark markings on back of the ears. I believe it can be solved easily. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 pm

For anyone interested: I am selling the extra 2013 Pumas on Ebay. If you would like to see it, simply search Mojo Fun Puma 2013 (even searching Mojo figure brings the listing up pretty quickly, too). Also, for each one sold, a donation will be made to Panthera, a leading predator research and conservation organization. Please take a look.

Shameless self promotion (not for a bad cause, though!) finished.

On another note: I did measure the ears and paws of this figure. They are correct proportionally; however, the back feet are definitely on the smaller side. More on that later, though. Gotta run!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
For anyone interested: I am selling the extra 2013 Pumas on Ebay. If you would like to see it, simply search Mojo Fun Puma 2013 (even searching Mojo figure brings the listing up pretty quickly, too). Also, for each one sold, a donation will be made to Panthera, a leading predator research and conservation organization. Please take a look.

Shameless self promotion (not for a bad cause, though!) finished.

On another note: I did measure the ears and paws of this figure. They are correct proportionally; however, the back feet are definitely on the smaller side. More on that later, though. Gotta run!

Thanks for checking, I was already wanting a puma with triangular ears. Good initiative. Very Happy

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:50 am

I found those two among other new Mojos in my local shop yesterday:
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Coug110
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Coug210
I bought the scratched one for the regular price although it looks like a used toy,
as i plan to repaint it.
I just hope the others don't look like that in shops....

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Phillip, you can easily contact the brand about that. They usually follow collectors suggestions amd complaints. :) also Ana, informed us, recently, that Mojö will use a more resistente painting im future productions what obviously should extend to whole range.
It would be fantastic to see your rework of a figure that is already very good with very realistic proportions. cat

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:11 pm

PeGe wrote:
I found those two among other new Mojos in my local shop yesterday:
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Coug110
Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Coug210
I bought the scratched one for the regular price although it looks like a used toy,
as i plan to repaint it.
I just hope the others don't look like that in shops....
Congratulations Philipp

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Roger wrote:
Phillip, you can easily contact the brand about that. They usually  follow collectors suggestions amd complaints. :)also Ana, informed us, recently, that Mojö will use a more resistente painting im future productions what obviously should extend to whole range.
It would be fantastic to see your rework of a figure that is already very good with very realistic proportions. cat
Hey Rogério,

For contacting Mojo: i think even some resellers already did. I can just tell about my lates experiences with what i saw and could buy. Orca, Dolphin, Panda, now Cougar,....Hippo, Rhino,..all newer stuff.
Btw.. i just plan to rePAINT the figurine, except for the muzzle which i have to rework as it isn't wide enough. And to cover the whiskers of course,...

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Great find Philipp cheers 

Did they also have other new Mojos ?

I look very much forward to seing your re-paint bounce Very Happy

PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:57 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Great find Philipp cheers 

Did they also have other new Mojos ?

I look very much forward to seing your re-paint bounce Very Happy
Thanks!
Wel, Gentoo penguin, orca, white shark, african buffalo, panda, Crocodile, "new" leopard,....
So unfortunately no Sloth, clouded leopard,.....

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 am

PeGe wrote:
Btw.. i just plan to rePAINT the figurine, except for the muzzle which i have to rework as it isn't wide enough. And to cover the whiskers of course,...
Yes, I agree, face need some work, maybe also forehead but those are little things that you with your observancy and talent can fix easily. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!   Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Mountain Lion - first pictures!!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4