Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lineol Zebra Repaint

Go down 
+11
SyLoBe
Roger
smithyboy
Katty
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
PeGe
SUSANNE
christinavanderschouw
Elros Alvar
SeanieP
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

Lineol Zebra Repaint Empty
PostSubject: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 pm

I won the Great Lineol Zebra in an ebay auction a few weeks ago. It was in good condition but not perfect so I tried my best to make it shine. Here is my process:

Here is the original model. As you may see I have a few clay "bandaids" where there were holes or cracks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here I painted two coats of white:

Finally I added the stripes. I wish my hand was a little more steady. I really like the posturing of this zebra,

And here she is is joining the herd:

Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:16 pm

WOW Shocked affraid . the zebra is very realistic and beautiful. Very Happy
I like very much the modification and repainted. What a Face
Congrats cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
christinavanderschouw

christinavanderschouw

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 pm

She is truely wonderfull!!! I have some questions about this zebra. Is it a resculped schleich zebra? Can we see some more pictures?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 pm

You did a great job , but, oooooh, I LOVED this one so much as he was before Sad

Sorry, it is probably just me who is a silly old goat Embarassed Wink

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 pm

hmm, to be honest. i also love the goatism Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Congratulation for you growing herd Shawn. Very Happy

It's also interesting for me to see your's had a different painting than mine Suspect

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:11 am

Very nice repaint Shawn cheers I feel a bit like Susanne though, sorry! Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:00 am

I like him! Well done shawn. He looks happy with the new herd.

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Wow, great job Shawn, it looks excellent.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Shawn, I wished to have a Lineol zebra in a condition as your was before being repainted. :)
Anyway your work is very interesting and of course it looks much better mainly when you join it with the herd. Now I only miss the old charm of it. We can see the fantastic sculpting but the painting gives a some modern looking. :)
I must say that I wished also to have it unpainted as you are showing and also with your great repaint! geek
Congratulations and thanks for sharing! :)

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:41 pm

I love it, great finding and great repainting!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Great job!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation for you growing herd Shawn. Very Happy

It's also interesting for me to see your's had a different painting than mine Suspect

If mine came painted like that I would have never touched her...
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:08 pm

I can understand that people are set back by me painting such a unique model. I guess I am not into the history of the animal as many, but more into the realism of it and how it fits into my collection. Again, I hope to build a diorama, so my animals are not just for display. When I finally begin the project, I would like to see my animals look and feel realistic. To me, the former paint job and yellowish color did not work for me, nor the broken parts.

So I guess I should not show my Red Hartebeest if I repaint him??? question
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:11 pm

christinavanderschouw wrote:
She is truely wonderfull!!! I have some questions about this zebra. Is it a resculped schleich zebra? Can we see some more pictures?

Yes this is a resculptured Schleich zebra (the neck part). I can take photos and post soon. Thanks for your interest.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:53 pm

SeanieP wrote:
I can understand that people are set back by me painting such a unique model. I guess I am not into the history of the animal as many, but more into the realism of it and how it fits into my collection. Again, I hope to build a diorama, so my animals are not just for display. When I finally begin the project, I would like to see my animals look and feel realistic. To me, the former paint job and yellowish color did not work for me, nor the broken parts.

Laughing Of course you should show your antelope repainted! bounce bounce
Here where I live there was an old chalet, absolutly abandoned and in a critical and dangerous condition. Anyway I loved to watch it in its degraded condition! It gave me a special feeling! Of course, in the starting of XX century, when it was made, it was in a perfect condition and not a haunted house as I knew. They restored it, wonderfully, now it is a day care center and I lost completly the astonishment I felt before.
If it was my property what would be my decision? To restore it, of course!
You made the right decision, it looks fantastic with the herd and everybody here loves your work. Also you should feel a very proud owner of a Lineol zebra and also of a talent that I'd loved to have! cheers

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Roger wrote:
SeanieP wrote:

Laughing Of course you should show your antelope repainted! bounce bounce
Here where I live there was an old chalet, absolutly abandoned and in a critical and dangerous condition. Anyway I loved to watch it in its degraded condition! It gave me a special feeling! Of course, in the starting of XX century, when it was made, it was in a perfect condition and not a haunted house as I knew. They restored it, wonderfully, now it is a day care center and I lost completly the astonishment I felt before.
If it was my property what would be my decision? To restore it, of course!
You made the right decision, it looks fantastic with the herd and everybody here loves your work. Also you should feel a very proud owner of a Lineol zebra and also of a talent that I'd loved to have! cheers

thanks Roger for the kind words and ur personal story.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm

hmm,

i just worked on lineol myself and in my opinion, renovation and saving should be the first idea, especially when the damage is more or less decent,...
i hunt for the zebra for some weeks and despite of the odd striping, i wouldn' t repaint it myself as it would have to be better than perfect to make me feel good about it. if the model is half-scratched or the paintwork is destroyed, my bad habit would be less promounced,....
Just my cents. When i read the thread, i read words with a kind of "polite scariness", but i might be wrong.
Don't get me wrong, it's just another point of view.... Wink

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:02 am

Great job!!! cheers

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Great job on the repaint Shawn, I have also repainted my zebra, not because the painting was poor or the figure damaged (there was no real damage and the paint job was in pretty good shape) but because like Shawn I don't collect figures for the brand but for the diorama. Even though I am switching all of the figures to custom animals I still love the zebras and other then to add to the herd (remember the fighting pair) I love the Schleich zebras and the Lineol fits in so well with her new paint. Here is a photo of her that I sent to Shawn, I used the Schleich figures as a template to give them a uniform look.

Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Philter4 wrote:
Great job on the repaint Shawn, I have also repainted my zebra, not because the painting was poor or the figure damaged (there was no real damage and the paint job was in pretty good shape) but because like Shawn I don't collect figures for the brand but for the diorama. Even though I am switching all of the figures to custom animals I still love the zebras and other then to add to the herd (remember the fighting pair) I love the Schleich zebras and the Lineol fits in so well with her new paint. Here is a photo of her that I sent to Shawn, I used the Schleich figures as a template to give them a uniform look.

BEAUTIFUL repaint of the zebra and the photo is great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

the zebra and herd look great Phil.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Hello SeanieP , You have photos of your Schleich repaint zebra?
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:

I will soon...sorry for delay.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:18 pm

SeanieP wrote:
Álvaro/schleich wrote:

I will soon...sorry for delay.

It's okay, no rush Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lineol Zebra Repaint   Lineol Zebra Repaint Empty

Back to top Go down

Lineol Zebra Repaint
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next